Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope all works out for you.......
Old 03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

you know..... can you do a facelift on your pcar now..... it looks like a good opportunity..... if so, can i call dibs on your lights.......?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:18 PM
rleeq
Racer

I know how you feel. It make you sick when something like that happens . I was at a stand still when this toothless redneck bee itch in a F__ked Over Rebuild Dodge (FORD) truck tried to park in my back seat. The rear bumper cover was trashed, both quarter panels buckled, the air box was smashed into the AC pulley and the frame was slightly bent.
She had the never to say “your car isn’t damaged very much please don’t get me in trouble by calling the cops. I’m sure she was on something but it wasn’t alcohol.
Don’t get your hopes up on getting any meaningful amount from the insurance company for diminished value. Your car isn’t damaged enough as far as the insurance company is concerned.
Good luck with the repairs and try to look on the bright side.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Very sorry about your car.

It reminds me of another down side to the whole SUV/4WD pick-up truck thing. Basically your low riding car is invisible to the guy perched 6 feet up in the air. Even worse if his judgement is impaired.

I also wonder how many more parking lot accidents happen because of SUVs. If you have a traditional car parked on each side of you when backing out, you can stop halfway and eyeball things in each direction over the trunks of their cars. If you have an SUV on each side of you, you're completely blind until you've backed almost completely out of the space and into the traffic lane.

I do own an SUV, and use it for some tasks, but still hate the damn things.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:42 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow, I really feel for you. I wish you the best of luck in resolving the situation and getting the car fixed to your satisfaction. As others have said, this guy should be locked up for a long time, two DUI's in one week is unbelieveable.

You mentioned in your original post that the truck ran up onto the front of your car hard enough that the rear wheels of the car came off of the ground. I would be really concerned that the cars chassis was bent or damaged in some way. If it was then it cannot be properly fixed and the car should be declared a total wreck. This is especially true for a high performance car because it could adversely affect the handling of the car. Have a good mechanic, one who is experienced with P-Cars, check for this and fight the insurance company to declare the car totaled if the chassis is bent. JMHO
Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by carpundit
That doesBut I disagree with you about the bar. The only guy responsible for this accident is the guy driving the pickup truck. Not you, not me, and not the bar owner.

Well, you're alone on this opinion when it comes to the law. Many a court have upheld judgments against bar owners for precisely this sort of thing. A quick search on Google will return hundreds of cases. Here one link in particular. Indeed, my recommendation would also be to approach the bar owner about their insurance and liability. It was only your car this time, but it very well could have been someone's child next time.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I would be really concerned that the cars chassis was bent or damaged in some way. If it was then it cannot be properly fixed and the car should be declared a total wreck. This is especially true for a high performance car because it could adversely affect the handling of the car. Have a good mechanic, one who is experienced with P-Cars, check for this and fight the insurance company to declare the car totaled if the chassis is bent. JMHO
DITTO!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! I would have prefered no pics when it comes to accidents/collisions.

Originally Posted by Troy R
Okay, here are some pics. The good news is that they do have insurance. Safeco. Apparently his parents took it out for him. The policy is so new they don't even have the paperwork in the mail yet. But I do have his policy number.

Also, I'm stopping by Gran Prix Imports in Wilsonville this morning to see if I can get the name of an apprasier for diminutive value on the car.

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. My brain just kept replaying the whole thing over and over in slow motion. I had to turn the TV on just to get my mind on something else.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 129 Posts

Capital Punishment for Porsche Violators.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:32 PM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Sorry for your loss but in the big picture you did a wonderful thing by getting a drunk off of the road. He could have hit another car while he was driving resulting in someone's death. Your car will eventually be fine or replaced but the loss of life could not, good on you for your quick reaction!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
2fas4u
Instructor

Exclamation right spot!

How many people get to work where they can see their car. Good 4U
Old 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

My condolences Troy. Personally, from what and how you're writing, I think you're taking it all very well.

Michael
Old 03-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nycebo

Well, you're alone on this opinion when it comes to the law. Many a court have upheld judgments against bar owners for precisely this sort of thing. A quick search on Google will return hundreds of cases. Here one link in particular. Indeed, my recommendation would also be to approach the bar owner about their insurance and liability. It was only your car this time, but it very well could have been someone's child next time.
+1
Old 03-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gota911
BTW - it is “diminished value,” not diminutive value. Although, if taken to the extreme, as in "totaled," then the car could have diminutive value.
Tim - thanks for the correction. I've heard both tossed around and didn't know which was correct.

I've got a couple of names of appraisers. As of current the insurance company hasn't accepted responsibility because they can't get ahold of their insured - he's still in jail! The police department said that with the hit and run and dui (let alone the 2nd dui) he's going to be facing some issues.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hamilton
maybe one of those dentless paint removal places can help.

Nice one! I should call the guy up I've used to come out just to see his face. What do you mean you can't fix that???

Quick Reply: OMG!!! Are you F***ing me!!! UPDATED W/ PICS