Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Picking up my new open Trailex Sat. Any Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007 | 04:04 PM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Default Picking up my new open Trailex Sat. Any Advice?

Spring is finally here in the Northeast and I got the call last night. I am going down Saturday to pick up my new Trailex traler. My tow vehicle is a Chevy Avalanche. Anything I should keep in mind or be aware of? I look forward to a lot more DE events this year. This forum has been invaluable to me as far as learning about towing. Thanks to all.
Old 03-15-2007 | 01:01 PM
every day
Racer

Just make sure your wiring harness is set up correctly and get a good lock for the trailer. Just out of curiosity, why did you go with Trailex over Featherlite?
Old 03-15-2007 | 01:32 PM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Default Trailex

Every Day,

When you ask Trailex over Featherlite, do you mean open vs. enclosed? Some of the reasons I went with Trailex include, quality, popularity in my area, resale value, light weight and the fact that is open. I have no where to store an enclosed trailer at this point and I liked the simplicity and light weight of the Trailex. Hope I answered your questions. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2007 | 09:15 PM
catchacab
Instructor

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/327089-how-to-trailer-my-993-a.html
Old 03-16-2007 | 07:08 PM
HMotorsports
Rennlist Member

Hi Greg - congrats on the purchase of your new Trailex. I'm a dealer for Trailex out of Cincinnati, so I have a lot of experience with them. The trailer only weighs 895lbs, so you’ll absolutely love towing it. Couple of items before you pick it up, make sure you have the right plug...if you ordered surge brakes you’ll need the flat 4 prong plug and if electric, you'll need the round 8 pin plug. Also, wouldn't hurt to measure from the ground to the lower part of your ball. It should be around 18-21" to tow the trailer relatively flat. The should help you figure out the drop you’ll need. Good luck with the trailer!

Happy Towing!
Jason

HendersonMotorsports.com
Old 03-16-2007 | 09:21 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

Greg, who are you picking the trailer up from, Will at Precision? I picked one up from him last year and he hooked me up with everything I needed. He well even tell you how to set the front wheel stops to get the right tong weight. I have not towed in many years, but towing with the Trailex is a breez. Good luck
Old 03-17-2007 | 03:00 AM
bernocco930S
Racer

Nice trailer choice. I am also a trailer dealer in the Southern California area specializing in enclosed haulers, stackers and Freightliner MotorCoaches. I am a RENN member and I have an ad posted under classified/racecars/racecartrailers. If I can help anyone out please give me a call or email and mention the RennList! eric
Old 03-17-2007 | 02:21 PM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Guys, Thanks for all of the advice. It will all go to good use. Dave, I am picking it up from Will, seems like a great guy and it sounds like he will help with everything. Obviously my pick up will have to wait since we have about 7" of snow at my house right now. Hopefully the roads will be salt free soon. Thanks again guys.

Quick Reply: Picking up my new open Trailex Sat. Any Advice?