Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Updating my interior....what to do with the damm ebrake?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:31 AM
jayfunk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updating my interior....what to do with the damm ebrake?!

so im trying to "update" my interior in the C4S and the all black is just not cutting it.

i yanked all the interior pannels out and am getting some match painted to the cars color, wrapping all the leather pieces in suede or alcantara to match the headliner, doing a system (1 10in custom sub, alpine w200 in the dash, audison amps), ssk, new shift ****, and new floor mats.

but my question to you all is what to do with the damm ebrake?! i dont want to "replace" the entire shifter as i have seen but just the handle, like half? i replaced the one in my M3 to a ACS and kinda want to do it with this one. are or what options do we have?

thanks again, ill post pics soon!! (but why should i, cus as i have and you prob have too, everyone is BUYING DAMM C4S in artic silver!!!! )
Old 03-17-2007, 12:37 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jayfunk
so im trying to "update" my interior in the C4S and the all black is just not cutting it.

i yanked all the interior pannels out and am getting some match painted to the cars color, wrapping all the leather pieces in suede or alcantara to match the headliner, doing a system (1 10in custom sub, alpine w200 in the dash, audison amps), ssk, new shift ****, and new floor mats.

but my question to you all is what to do with the damm ebrake?! i dont want to "replace" the entire shifter as i have seen but just the handle, like half? i replaced the one in my M3 to a ACS and kinda want to do it with this one. are or what options do we have?

thanks again, ill post pics soon!! (but why should i, cus as i have and you prob have too, everyone is BUYING DAMM C4S in artic silver!!!! )
Get a hand brake to match your new shift ****.

BTW - Did they make any C4S cars in a color other than Silver?
Old 03-17-2007, 12:42 AM
kevinrubin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post interior pics once you are done. Sounds interesting...can't wait to see the finished product...

By the way, what do you use an ebrake for anyway
Old 03-17-2007, 02:47 PM
jayfunk
Advanced

Originally Posted by gota911
Get a hand brake to match your new shift ****.

BTW - Did they make any C4S cars in a color other than Silver?
god, aint this the truth!! ima start thinking of finding a body shop soon to paint this thing white cus thats the color i really wanted!!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:51 PM
jayfunk
Advanced

Originally Posted by kevinrubin
Post interior pics once you are done. Sounds interesting...can't wait to see the finished product...

By the way, what do you use an ebrake for anyway
will do, i NEED to post pics b4 everyone starts to give me crap about it!!

anyone one else? any suggestions? just want to place that one half of the ebrake handle!!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A buddy of mine just saw a C4S cab for sale the other day, black/black/black. Didn't see how much though.

My car is a sea of grey on the interior and I'm looking to splash it up too. Ordered some new floor mats that say PORSCHE 911, the Porsche is in black, the 911 is script and matches the exterior of the car. Thinking of painting the center console too and then doing a little aluma look here and there.

Maybe think of the aluma ebrake. Carbon fiber is still dark enough that it wouldn't discern from the other black areas, but aluma would.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:47 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jayfunk
will do, i NEED to post pics b4 everyone starts to give me crap about it!!

anyone one else? any suggestions? just want to place that one half of the ebrake handle!!
Oh, yeah, that reminds me.... Come on "Newbie" post up the %@(*&^%@!$# pics!

There, I feel better now!

Quick Reply: Updating my interior....what to do with the damm ebrake?!