Sponsored by:

FREE EXHAUST IN NC !!!!!....only a minor catch

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FREE EXHAUST IN NC !!!!!....only a minor catch

As some of you may or may not know, myself and a friend have been custom building cat by pass pipes (X-pipes), sport cat pipes, "cup" mufflers, and other associated parts under the name DACH over on the 993 board. This year (our second), we will be looking at helping you guys with 996s by giving you another alternative. Although we have not finalized a "sponsor" position with RL, I have been blessed by John D in regards to our "selling".
Now to complete the post. We are looking for a 996 NA (or more than one) and down the road a 997 NA to use as a mock up vehicle. If you are in the Raleigh, Fayetteville or other surrounding areas and would be willing to allow us to use your car to build prototype parts, we will in turn give you (at no charge) that part (s) once we have finalized the ability to more "mass" produce the item (s). PM me if you have any interest. We will not be starting this venture until probably mid year (May, June....subject to change )

For most any question you may have about us or what we do, or what people think of our products, please visit the 993 board and search for DACH, you won't be disappointed

.....and thanks for reading this post
Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 PM
993inNC
Race Car

No one wants free exhaust parts? Gonna make me buy a car just to get a mock up put together
Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
rroobbcc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to take you up on your offer, but I am in Atlanta. However, if you ever do a 964 exhaust, mine is sitting in the garage (partially disassembled) as I continue to fail to find the time to invest in my rebuild into a track beast. :-( However it is not currently registered so it would need to be flat bedded to NC.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:00 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Too bad I'm on the other side of the state, just outside of Charlotte!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 PM
AndrewWK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM'd. Now if only you could build them for my audis...
Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by AndrewWK
PM'd. Now if only you could build them for my audis...
PM and email sent.
Bring me the Audi, we'll do those too My partner in this (Dave) does custom rods, Corvettes.....whatever you got, if it has exhaust it can be modified.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:23 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by rroobbcc
I would love to take you up on your offer, but I am in Atlanta. However, if you ever do a 964 exhaust, mine is sitting in the garage (partially disassembled) as I continue to fail to find the time to invest in my rebuild into a track beast. :-( However it is not currently registered so it would need to be flat bedded to NC.
Funny you should mention that. I have a guy thru the local PCA that has a 964 and wants me to do his exhaust over, he just can't bring himself to spend some money .
To really do it right will run a couple grand (as much as $3500 if you really want to do it right with bodywork and paint), but you'll probably unleash 30 -50 HP in getting rid of those miles of 964 stock exhaust! You may however loose your heat capablity.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 PM
PorschePRH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyone doing a stock conversion to the PSE bypass? You could probably make a pretty good business turning those around... You send the modified ones, and they mail back the cores. Or just send the originals to be modified.

Some companies pre-bend and pre-cut the by-pass tubes for Corvettes and sell them for local installation.

I would be interested in those services...
Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
hamilton
Instructor

I will trade you a mint set of orange side markers for a set of these pipes.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by PorschePRH
Is there anyone doing a stock conversion to the PSE bypass? You could probably make a pretty good business turning those around... You send the modified ones, and they mail back the cores. Or just send the originals to be modified.

Some companies pre-bend and pre-cut the by-pass tubes for Corvettes and sell them for local installation.

I would be interested in those services...
We do modified muffs for 993's but nothing yet for 996's......which is why I'm here. If you want to be the "guinea pig" for a muff mod....send 'em to me and let me know what you'd like.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Charlotte as well, so guess that doesn't work for you?
Old 02-28-2007, 02:19 AM
AmirShaikh
Instructor

I think this is a good idea...
I really think that companies like Fabspeed are running on huge margins for their exhausts.

I was actually pricing out alternatives and seeing what it would cost to have my own done.

Also, I wonder if stock exhaust could be opened up...then all that would need to be done would be to replace the internal stuff with a straight through perforated pipe.

Anyhow..I'll let the experts (you guys) work on it .

thanks,
Amir
Old 02-28-2007, 08:07 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AmirShaikh
I think this is a good idea...
I really think that companies like Fabspeed are running on huge margins for their exhausts.

I was actually pricing out alternatives and seeing what it would cost to have my own done.

Also, I wonder if stock exhaust could be opened up...then all that would need to be done would be to replace the internal stuff with a straight through perforated pipe.

Anyhow..I'll let the experts (you guys) work on it .

thanks,
Amir
Here is a Fabspeed video clip that has an OEM Porsche muffler cut open. He explains how the air flows through the Porsche muffler. I found it very informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDbA...elated&search=
Old 02-28-2007, 10:18 AM
ReidN
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I think I want one now. Sport cats headers and exhaust!! Sounds great thanks for sharing the vid Gotta911!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
AmirShaikh
Instructor

Originally Posted by gota911
Here is a Fabspeed video clip that has an OEM Porsche muffler cut open. He explains how the air flows through the Porsche muffler. I found it very informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDbA...elated&search=
Thanks!

I saw this one...though i was wondering if the muffler is serviceable (aka if we can actually close it after opening it). I remember that the DSM guys use to buy stock Supra intercoolers, and pry off and re-orient the ends for their car.

thanks,
Amir

Quick Reply: FREE EXHAUST IN NC !!!!!....only a minor catch