Sponsored by:

Turbonator

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
APEXHNTR
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Turbonator

Has anyone installed this product on your 996? It looks like it would install between the air box and the throttle body. With the rear spoiler raised our 996s are supposed to make a little more HP at speed due to the ram air effect. It seems like this would provide the ram air effect 100% of the time
Old 02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry..doesn't work. dont have the time for the tech explanation but this has been discussed before
Old 02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Don't waste your money!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Christ! The name alone tells you it is snake oil.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Junk.....and you just blew your first post.

Tim. please help him!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
JC3D
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stickers that come with the product will add more torque, but not much hp. As long as they are installed correctly by a trained professional.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

He's obviously a spammer. Just remove him.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:12 PM
ML
Instructor

Here is the disclaimer from the Turbonator website!!!

DISCLAIMER
TURBONATOR.COM, INC. RESPECTS THE PRIVACY OF ITS VISITORS AND CLIENTS. TURBONATOR.COM, INC. USES FEEDBACK RECEIVED BY OUR WEB SITE AND REVIEWED BY THE APPROPRIATE MANAGERS FOR FOLLOW-UP AND RESPONSE. TURBONATOR.COM, INC. DOES NOT SELL, LEASE OR SHARE ANY INFORMATION OR DATA THAT IT RECEIVES THROUGH ITS WEBSITE WITH ANY OTHER PARTY OR ENTITY. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS WILL VARY. MILEAGE CLAIMS ARE BASED ON THE REPORTS OF CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED GAINS IN MPG AFTER INSTALLING TURBONATOR VORTEX GENERATORS IN THEIR VEHICLES. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. VARIABLES WHICH MAY IMPACT INDIVIDUAL USER EXPERIENCES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO; VEHICLE MAKE, VEHICLE MODEL, VEHICLE MODEL YEAR, ACCRUED VEHICLE MILEAGE, VEHICLE CONDITION (INCLUDING AGE AND CONDITION OF RELEVANT PARTS AND COMPONENTS), AND TIRE PRESSURE. AFTERMARKET MODIFICATIONS MADE IN CONJUNCTION WITH, BEFORE, OR AFTER THE INSTALLATION OF THE TURBONATOR SUCH AS AFTERMARKET AIR INTAKE SYSTEMS, VARIOUS BRANDS AND TYPES OF AIR FILTERS, AND PRODUCTS WHICH INFLUENCE THE AIR/FUEL MIXTURE INCLUDING PERFORMANCE CHIPS WILL ALSO INFLUENCE FUEL CONSUMPTION. VARIABLES EXTERNAL TO THE VEHICLE ITSELF SUCH AS THE PRIMARY LOCATION OF THE VEHICLE, THE TERRAIN OF SAID LOCATION, AND THE RATIO OF “CITY” OR “STOP AND GO” VERSUS “HIGHWAY” DRIVING REQUIRED WILL INFLUENCE INDIVIDUAL RESULTS. PERSONAL DRIVING HABITS REMAIN A CRITICAL FACTOR IN ACHIEVING OPTIMUM FUEL EFFICIENCY REGARDLESS OF VEHICLE MODIFICATIONS WHICH INCLUDE THE INSTALLATION OF ONE OR MORE TURBONATOR UNITS. ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL, A DRIVER WITH THE PROPENSITY TO ACCELERATE AND DECELERATE QUICKLY WILL NOT ACHIEVE THE SAME LEVEL OF FUEL EFFICIENCY AS A DRIVER MORE INCLINED TO ACCELERATE AND DECELERATE SMOOTHLY AND GRADUALLY. IT IS DUE TO THESE NUMEROUS BUT EXTREMELY IMPORTANT VARIABLES WHICH ARE ALL A PART OF REAL WORLD DRIVING THAT TURBONATOR MAKES AVAILABLE REPORTS FROM ACTUAL CUSTOMERS AS OPPOSED TO MAKING CLAIMS BASED ON STERILE LAB TESTING IN WHICH FEW, IF ANY, OF THE FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE FUEL CONSUMPTION ARE TESTABLE ON A PRACTICABLE LEVEL. CLAIMS RELATING TO HORSEPOWER ARE BASED ON USER FEEDBACK FROM TURBONATOR OWNERS AS WELL AS USERS OF PRODUCTS WITHIN THE TURBONATOR CLASS OF PRODUCTS REFERRED TO HERE AND THROUGHOUT TURBONATOR.COM AS NON-MOVING VORTEX GENERATORS. HORSEPOWER GAINS WILL VARY BASED ON A NUMBER OF FACTORS INCLUDING THE TYPE OF VEHICLE, THE AGE OF THE VEHICLE, AND OTHER AFTERMARKET CHANGES MADE TO THE VEHICLE. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY PARTICULAR VEHICLE AND DRIVER WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE GAINS IN HORSEPOWER OR FUEL EFFICIENCY SIMILAR TO THOSE REPORTED BY PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS. IN FACT, SUBSEQUENT USERS MAY EXPERIENCE SHARP DIFFERENCES IN THE PERFORMANCE THEY ACHIEVE AS COMPARED TO THOSE RESULTS PREVIOUSLY REPORTED.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Translation..........SNAKE OIL.

Christ, these people say right there in the disclaimer that their HP number are taken directly from customer claims rather than lab testing.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
APEXHNTR
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

CosmosC4S WTF makes someone a spammer. I have a C4s in seal grey so don't bother with the superiority complex. Ray S there were allot of useful responces if you think I just blew my first post your attitude sucks. Its too bad a few ***holes have to diminish the value of this forum for a new member. Many thanks to the other folks who took the tme to answer.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
JC3D
Pro

I'm not jumping on anyone's side here, but the assumption could be made since there were 0 previous posts and since your first post talks about a product, that spam could be a possibility. We have all seen it happen here many times. I don't think he meant anything personal by saying that.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Actually, what Ray S meant was that he blew his first post by not showing us pics of his Porsche. Note that he informs Tim, the Noob picture watch dog.. Hence blowing the post has nothing to do the Terminator or spamanator or turbonator or whatever the hell it is.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Funny name this turbonator ... for some reason it brings "detonator" to my mind ...

And oh, welcome to the forum. Now lets have some snaps of the beautiful C4s you have ... it's an obligatory part of the welcome. BTW, its not for "proof" but for appreciation....
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by APEXHNTR
CosmosC4S WTF makes someone a spammer. I have a C4s in seal grey so don't bother with the superiority complex. Ray S there were allot of useful responces if you think I just blew my first post your attitude sucks. Its too bad a few ***holes have to diminish the value of this forum for a new member. Many thanks to the other folks who took the tme to answer.
Apexhntr, welcome to this merry place. Don't get so excited.

We can be a pretty friendly group, but when someone posts with no introduction asking about a snake oil product it is easy to assume someone is a troll or spammer.

Post up some pics, give us a little intro and you will find we are a pretty good group of guys. We have our moments and topics can occasionally get a little heated. However, it's all good because most here have one thing in common.........we love Porsches!!

As Robert indicated, Tim is our self-appointed "greeter" (he sidelines here when he's not handing out carts at Wal-Mart) who usually welcomes new posters to the board. He obviously performs this with more tact and grace than I do (jk about the Wal-Mart thing Tim, and chop/chop with the greeting. I obviously suck at it ).
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

apexhntr - better get thick skin soon, this forum is brutle. Welcome

P.S. - dont bring up any topics of oils

Quick Reply: Turbonator