Sponsored by:

For Sale 2000 Porsche Carrera Arctic Silver, Wheels and Seats too

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:57 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For Sale 2000 Porsche Carrera Arctic Silver, Wheels and Seats too

I am selling my beloved Porsche Carrera. It is a 2000 3.4L with 61,100 miles. I have modified the suspension slightly with JIC SPORT coilovers. This kit is meant for the street, non-adjustable, and it isn't too stiff whatsoever. I also have added H&R sway bars front and back. Handles incredibly well.

The engine is in perfect shape. I did have to replace the accessory belt, alternator and water pump during the two years of ownership but other than that, no isssues. It runs strong and the RMS has never been replaced. It does not drip oil or anything else.

Full Leather seats, 3 spoke steering wheel. Dual power seats. Upgraded 6 disk changer. On Board computer, Sueade headliner.

The car has never been in an accident and the paint is in good shape. It does have a couple rock chips on the front. The wheels are 18" turbo look wheels. The right rear has a slight amount of rash. Tires are Dunlop SSRs and have about 30% tread leaft.

The negatives. I was sitting in my car parked on the street and some idiot clipped the very edge of the door. I got an appraisal and the door shell needs to be replaced. The door itself is fine and everything lines up perfectly. I have been driving it for a while like that but please factor that in. There is also one 1in scratch on the passenger side front qtr panel that was there when I bought it.

The car is in really great shape except a few items.

Because of the damage to the door I'm only asking $29,000. I don't have a good digital camera but if you want me to take some pics with my phone I can do that. It looks like every other carrera out there excepts it's lowered on the best suspension available for the street imho and has sway bars.

Also I have a set of Sparco Roadster seats that are available at an additional cost or I can throw them in as part of an offer. Or sell separately for $1000 with sliders and porsche compatible mounts from Speedware Motorsports.

One of the best things about my car was the 19x9.5 and 19x10 Work Rezax wheels that were custom made for Albert Roxas's show car. Perfect offset trust me. Beautiful 3 piece wheels with polished lip. They have General Tires 225 and 265 but they will fit much bigger tires. The wheels will get $2000 alone and with tires probably $2700. I can throw these in as well for an additional cost. Or will sell separately.

Actually if you buy it today. I'll give you everything, seats, wheels, Porsche Carrera, 2k suspension, all for $31k. I'll even throw in a set of BSA Wheels that I painted black. The rear offset is wrong but they still fit. May be better off selling them to someone with a widebody.

Oh yeah, I forgot it also has ZTek Exhaust, Hawk Brake pads, and I'll throw in some Stainless Steel brake lines.

Last edited by bowmanm98; 11-16-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:00 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Here is a pic of the wheels on Alberts car
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Here is my car before lowering and the door damage.
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Here is with wheels and lowered. So nice. Perfect setup.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2006, 12:46 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's next?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:46 AM
bowmanm98
Racer

Honestly bro, my car was amazing with the wheels especially and the slammed JICs. But I was stressing about my motor. The RMS didn't leak but it probably needed to be replaced as well as the clutch soon. Then some *** clown hit my door and it was my fault so it was going to cost me 2000 to fix. And after that it was never going to be the same. Mine was just showing it's age a little bit. I was trying to give someone a good deal on here and sell it for 30k but nobody even lifted a finger so I traded it in. I'm trying to build a monster this time. If I had the money I'd grab a GT3 in a heartbeat but I just can't afford it with my mortgage. Maybe if I had dual incomes. I'll be back when I can get a used GT3 for 60k.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:10 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

so you traded it in for........? you are going to build a monster?

i thought it was the city's fault and THEY were supposed to fix the door for you.

LOL, stressed about the engine? i've got 93K on the clock, 20K with the supercharger. just got a compression and leak down check done by sharkwerks and everything was within specs. these engines are pretty damned good.

the reason i am keeping my 996 is because i could never be comfortable risking around all those $$$ around the track with a gt3. my 996 will become the track only car. now i gotta decide gt3, TT or something else for the street
Old 11-30-2006, 01:29 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

I'm stoked for you. I wish I would have supercharged from the start instead of spending all that money here and there on other stuff. I guess you need all of it eventually.

I kept hearing about blown engines and you can't use hoosiers because oil starvation that's all. I'm sure they are great for 99.5% of people including myslef. It was very reliable for me.

I want something a little faster. I'm a hp ***** just like you. I should have had dan hook me up one of those eaton blowers. All that torque down low would be fun. They were kinda loud though.

Pm me and I'll tell you about my next project if interested.

BTW How were your engine/tranny/oil temps with 420hp?

Originally Posted by karlooz
so you traded it in for........? you are going to build a monster?

i thought it was the city's fault and THEY were supposed to fix the door for you.

LOL, stressed about the engine? i've got 93K on the clock, 20K with the supercharger. just got a compression and leak down check done by sharkwerks and everything was within specs. these engines are pretty damned good.

the reason i am keeping my 996 is because i could never be comfortable risking around all those $$$ around the track with a gt3. my 996 will become the track only car. now i gotta decide gt3, TT or something else for the street
Old 11-30-2006, 05:12 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

it's all hype. talk to jimB about racing with hoosiers. he does have the oiling kit but that's only 1K. i've never had any oil starvation problems and believe them to be overblown rumours. i've been running kumho v710s w/o problems.

did you hear the eaton supercharger on dan's car? sounded like ****. could barely hear the exhuast. i asked him if he could post any WOT vids. he kept ttelling me just watch the video. the video only showed part throttle and lots of WHINE. i can only imagine that it's the reason why he sold it. sounds cheap.

i don't know about oil and tranny temps but opil pressure has never been a problem. my temp did skyrocket one hot day at TH +100 degrees. i ran out of boost cooler and the engine slowly climbed up to 250 and the red light went on. went into the pits, added some boost cooler ran the rest of the weekend fine. normal running temps at the track is between the 0 of 180 and 2 of 250

Originally Posted by bowmanm98
I'm stoked for you. I wish I would have supercharged from the start instead of spending all that money here and there on other stuff. I guess you need all of it eventually.

I kept hearing about blown engines and you can't use hoosiers because oil starvation that's all. I'm sure they are great for 99.5% of people including myslef. It was very reliable for me.

I want something a little faster. I'm a hp ***** just like you. I should have had dan hook me up one of those eaton blowers. All that torque down low would be fun. They were kinda loud though.

Pm me and I'll tell you about my next project if interested.

BTW How were your engine/tranny/oil temps with 420hp?

Quick Reply: For Sale 2000 Porsche Carrera Arctic Silver, Wheels and Seats too