Sponsored by:

Fluids

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fluids

Can some of you guys who used different fluids other than Porsche give me some options (different brands) on fluids that are KNOWN Porsche compatible?

1. Brake fluid
2. Power steering
3. Coolant
4. Tip (this has been my nemesis)
5. Diff for tip

Oh and also, my blinkers have been running dim lately, I believe I am running low on blinker fluid. Which brand do you use, just kidding.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:57 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
Can some of you guys who used different fluids other than Porsche give me some options (different brands) on fluids that are KNOWN Porsche compatible?

1. Brake fluid
2. Power steering
3. Coolant
4. Tip (this has been my nemesis)
5. Diff for tip

Oh and also, my blinkers have been running dim lately, I believe I am running low on blinker fluid. Which brand do you use, just kidding.
Blinkie-Blink is the ONLY blinker fluid to use, especially with the clear side markers, because it is a clear fluid. However, if you still have orange side makers on you car you can use Orange-Glo blinker fluid.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:04 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1. dot 4 or higher some people use the super blue as well
2. only pentosin 11 or higher
3. porsche coolant is recomend but if you fully flush the system you can run any kind you want as long as you start doing flushes every 2 years or so
4. porsche tip fluid there is no other options
5. i wpuldn take chances here either porsche is the way to fly
Old 11-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Tippy
Race Car

99 - Exactly what I was looking for, always a great source for info

gota - I am still on the fence about clear markers on a black car, looks good for sure on grey and white but I think it looks "ricer" on black
Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Tippy,
Why experiment? Why not just stick with the fluids that are backed by extensive factory research and development?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:40 PM
evansaero
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
3. porsche coolant is recomend but if you fully flush the system you can run any kind you want as long as you start doing flushes every 2 years or so
It was my understanding that G12 (Pink/Red Stuff) coolant that Audi/VW uses is the same stuff that porsche now uses.

$18 bucks a gallon
Old 11-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
Tippy,
Why experiment? Why not just stick with the fluids that are backed by extensive factory research and development?
Mainly the price is ridiculous from Porsche and I bet there are a lot of products out there that meet or exceed Porsche specs. For example, trans fluid is $27 dollars a liter, I can get Mobil 1 synthetic tranny fluid for a third of that.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

porsche uses a few diffrent kinds of tiptroonic fluid, its expensive but how often are changing it, its very diffrent in texture smell and taste (dont ask) then anyother kind of atf and i wouldnt chance anything else as those transmissions arent cheap. early tiptronic boxster 996s, 993s with the brown fluid could probaly get away with the audi atf but like i said before why risk it
Old 11-12-2006, 09:11 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
99 - Exactly what I was looking for, always a great source for info

gota - I am still on the fence about clear markers on a black car, looks good for sure on grey and white but I think it looks "ricer" on black
Tippy - Clear side markers are the way to go. Halloween is over so yo need to dump the" Pumpkin Look."

BTW - I lived in S.A. for 30 years and still have a lot of family there. We lived in the NW part of the city, mostly in the Wurzbach & Vance-Jackson area, with a 5 year stint near Fair Oaks, south of Boerne. I REALLY miss Texas beef BBQ, especially Rudy's in Leon Springs! This North Carolina pork BBQ with vinegar based sauce is crap. It is so bad that I have had it only ONCE in 6 years.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:45 AM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any brake fluid that is DOT4 is fine, but I use ATE Super Blue not that expensive.
Petonsin for PS.
Use the VW/Audi coolant as its the same stuff.
Don't have a Tip so can't advise you.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:53 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by gota911
Tippy - Clear side markers are the way to go. Halloween is over so yo need to dump the" Pumpkin Look."

BTW - I lived in S.A. for 30 years and still have a lot of family there. We lived in the NW part of the city, mostly in the Wurzbach & Vance-Jackson area, with a 5 year stint near Fair Oaks, south of Boerne. I REALLY miss Texas beef BBQ, especially Rudy's in Leon Springs! This North Carolina pork BBQ with vinegar based sauce is crap. It is so bad that I have had it only ONCE in 6 years.
Thats funny, I now live where you said you use to live. I had a girlfriend from the carolinas and she claimed it was better than texas BBQ, now I know better.

Quick Reply: Fluids