Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
grant911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing I hate the most is when I'm finished pumping gas, "Hey do a burnout man!!" I never know what to do in that situation. Any opinions, and this happens about once a month.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 AM
TBH996
Instructor

My guess would be to do a burnout and then tell the officer "he made me do it!" while pointing to the person that suggested it.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 AM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I drove my Daughter to school one morning in the 993 and a teacher was walking by and commented:"man that sure beats riding the yellow bus".
Old 10-18-2006, 01:23 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

My wife and I were driving back to Canada from our Florida house. We took back roads (top down) throug GA to avoid I95. We stopped in a small town ( for gas and a number of very friendly locals came over to check out car and have a chat. As it is a Canadian car, speedo goes to 300km/hr and, of course, they thought it meant that the car would go 300 mph.....first Porsche they had seen close up and I suspect the story of the 300 mph car with the motor in the rear made the rounds that day......a great fuel stop!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:49 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackspeedster
That one came out big. Let's see this if this one of my Lotus works.
blackspeedster, a little OP, but how do u like 456 and lotus? both are on my "to-do" list.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
aben8057
Drifting

Being pulled over by a NJ State Trooper who slowly approached my car with his finger on the trigger and proceeded to ask...."Do you know how fast you were going?"
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
peachboy
Racer

Funny thing is I get an lot of remarks as to how expensive it is (being in a small tyown) while my wifes Limitied Edition Range Rover was only $6k less at purchase. "He drive the expensive sports car while his poor wife is stuck with THE TRUCK"....
Old 10-18-2006, 03:48 PM
m8powr
AutoX

Originally Posted by Holger B
A pimple-faced valet once said "nice Volkswagen" after I wouldn't let him drive the car. I complimented him on his mullett.

Also, I'm surprised at the number of people who think a Boxster costs more (not that it matters).
When i had my 88' turbo, i got the same thing - overrated volkswagon bug.
lets test a VW turbo bug vs my 911 on a slalom.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grant911
The thing I hate the most is when I'm finished pumping gas, "Hey do a burnout man!!" I never know what to do in that situation. Any opinions, and this happens about once a month.
I ususally just do em, partly because i have the mental age idential to the 12 year old asking for the burnout, but also because it makes em happy.

Dumbest comment i ever got: why is the trunk in the front? some brunette at a party asked me. While i was thiknin in my head: "jesus how dumb can she be, why ISN"t it in the front, maybe cause theres no rooom in the back!!?@!?"....i realized she had nice **** and just said it was magic
Old 10-18-2006, 05:27 PM
WERA 371
Advanced

With the bonnet up waiting on the wife, in a parking lot, to conclude her conversation with a friend so I could load her parcels in the front: A coverall-ed guy approaches from the back asking if I needed a hand. As they were just a couple of shopping bags, I said "Nooo. I think I can handle it." He explains as he rounds the front, looking at me, that he's a mechanic. Realizing what he meant I gestured for him to look down and told him "Well here's the problem." He laughed and said "In the back, huh?" Yeah...

Also from the gang of 10 YO girls in the neighborhood, at the top of their lungs, as I drive by: "SWEET PORSH!!" Funny, the 10 YO girls new the manufacturer.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
peachboy
Racer

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
I ususally just do em, partly because i have the mental age idential to the 12 year old asking for the burnout, but also because it makes em happy.

Dumbest comment i ever got: why is the trunk in the front? some brunette at a party asked me. While i was thiknin in my head: "jesus how dumb can she be, why ISN"t it in the front, maybe cause theres no rooom in the back!!?@!?"....i realized she had nice **** and just said it was magic
So she was overly dumb and had a nice rack...sooooo the problem is ?????
Old 10-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Blackspeedster
Advanced

The 456 is a monster. I have some "upgrades" and it puts out over 500HP. The torque is intoxicating. The build quality is good but it's very expensive to operate. It's a big car but it just eats the miles and brakes well. To put things in perspective, the F40 goes around Fiorano only two seconds quicker than the 456 manual (the only one to buy). The 4cyl Lotus is a cheap ride that looks good and handles well, that's about as far as it goes (35 mpg??!). It's very trapped in the 80s, like me.

Originally Posted by pl
blackspeedster, a little OP, but how do u like 456 and lotus? both are on my "to-do" list.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Joe2000C4Cab
Pro

At the Chevron/Starbucks @ 237 & McCarthy: butch lookin Santa Clara Sherrif's dept (woman) officer hops out of the bus (you know the ones for transporting prisioners...) and says to me as I get into my car: "Wow, nice 911!" [I've been waiting for this one...] Without missing a beat, I reply "Yeah, that's why I stole it!" and burn rubber outta there!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

With my C4S
I was asked at the gas station by a chick:
"Is that the new cammero", guess that she read carrera as cammero.

Then another time at the gas station:
"Is that a GT2", I said no its just a plain *** porsche.

While at the gas station with my wifes Cayenne S.
"Is that german", me: yes, "wow if the little one is $120g what the big one worth?", I think to my self it not worth answering.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Frank Courts
Intermediate

Default Toyota???

I live in a rural community. While gasing up and older man of color comes up and asks "How fast will it go?" My reply was "faster than I'm was willing to take it." He responded "Toyota make a nice car."

Quick Reply: Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?