Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:18 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just happened to be browsing the 996 section(I always like to stay up on all Porsche cars,I'm from the Boxster section). Some guy comes up to me after I parked, "That's a nice Fiat,I used to have one of those back in the day." He then goes on for a few more minutes to tell me how cool he Fiat was. You should have seen his face when I said "Excuse me sir,I have to go,but for future reference,it's a Porsche." His jaw dropped.....
Old 10-13-2006, 09:07 AM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 30, but look like I'm 25. I get out of my C4S after parking on a street and an old guy walking by with a cane stops and says to me, "Nice car. I'm going to get one of them when I get old."

My response was, "I said the same thing at your age, and now that I drive one, I'm young again."
Old 10-13-2006, 09:29 AM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my father (hardest working man i have ever met, bar none) who passed away earlier this year (miss him alot):

"why would you have to buy a car like that?"

My answer: "because I could afford to do it while still taking care of my family the way you took care of me"

He never asked the question again
Old 10-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts

1. From the dry cleaner, "Won't the plastic covers on your dry cleaning melt from the engine heat?" as I placed my fresh shirts in the trunk.

2. At a gas station, "Hey, does that thing have a HEMI in it?" Answer, "There are things out there that are a lot better than a HEMI".

Cheers,
Old 10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, again, not actually directed to a Porsche, but worth sharing:

Many years ago, I visited an old friend from college, and was driving my relatively new BMW 530i (E34). We left the house to go to dinner, and so we all piled into my car. She says "you spent all that money on this car and you still have to shift?!?!"

Michael
Old 10-13-2006, 10:47 AM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

I know I mentioned it here, but I still think "Time to take it home to daddy" wasn't bad. She's just jealous because she was really hot.

Wait, that's not how that works...
Old 10-13-2006, 11:04 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Person: Nice Porsche.
Me: Thank you.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:06 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
I just happened to be browsing the 996 section(I always like to stay up on all Porsche cars,I'm from the Boxster section). Some guy comes up to me after I parked, "That's a nice Fiat,I used to have one of those back in the day." He then goes on for a few more minutes to tell me how cool he Fiat was. You should have seen his face when I said "Excuse me sir,I have to go,but for future reference,it's a Porsche." His jaw dropped.....
We LOVE Boxsters!!! (I've owned 2)
Old 10-13-2006, 11:11 AM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jury_ca
I'm 30, but look like I'm 25. I get out of my C4S after parking on a street and an old guy walking by with a cane stops and says to me, "Nice car. I'm going to get one of them when I get old."

My response was, "I said the same thing at your age, and now that I drive one, I'm young again."
I had a similar thing happen. I am 25 and while I am sitting at the light this older guy on a nice Friday afternoon. He says "Look at that, on a nice Friday riding around with your windows down in your Porsche. Man when I grow up I want to be you!" I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:02 PM
rroobbcc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by discoganya
Most people are amazed to see that the trunk is in the front. When loading something in the trunk in a parking lot, I always get the attention of surprised people. Happens a lot.
I get a lot of those puzzled stares as well. However, it used to be even better back when I had a Boxster. On occasion I would put some stuff in the front trunk, and get the puzzled stare. Then just as they started to figure it out, I would walk around and proceed to fill up the back as well. That really messes them up.

The other stares of astonishment I get are when I drive my son to (rock)band practice. He plays e-guitar and although his amp is fairly large, it fits perfectly in the front trunk of the 996 (as if it were customer made for it). People look amazed when I walk around to front of the car, and pull out what looks like an absolutely huge piece of equipment. The 996 is truly a much more practical car than 911s that preceeded it.

Finally, back in early 2001 right after I bought my 964 for $23,000 a guy at a gas station pulls up in his HUGE probably $50,000 pimped out SUV and says "Man, you must be Bill Gate's son!". The thing that makes this really funny, is that I could probably sell my 964 today for that same $23K (well, if I put it back together), and he probably couldn't get $15K for that SUV. So not only did he spend a lot more than me, he lost A LOT more.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:24 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AmirShaikh
I was driving by top down on my street, and ran across a landscaper working on a neighbour down the street.

I asked him to come take a look at my house and give me some estimates on some work.

He came later, and spoke to my wife...he said to her in the conversation:
"That's nice white S2000 your husband has"

thanks,
Amir

Y'know, if somebody was giving me an estimate then I'd prefer them to think I had a Honda, or better still a Corolla
Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Here in LA, no one give a **** about the car, but they're often fascinated watching me get in or out of it (I'm 6'6). "How do you get outta that thing?" "How do you drive that thing?" "Are your knees up to your armpits?"

Climbing out of the car while on my cell in front of Subway yesterday, I kind of buckled and fell back against the roof - guy walking out of the liquor store looks at me an laughs, gets in his F-150.

Hahahaha....
Old 10-13-2006, 01:36 PM
JES1680
Instructor

The best one. From my mother.

Sorry to hear about your *****.

She says this every time I get a new Sports car / motorcycle.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:46 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

My wife went out with two of her friends a couple of weeks ago and they all met at our house before leaving. One of her friends, who owns a newer Nissan 350Z and has always loved sports cars, saw my 2000 Carrera for the fisrt time while walking past it in the garage to enter the house. Inside she commented to me "I like your car", she then turned to my wife and said "I THINK? I like it better than mine". To each his/her own but I did get a good laugh from it, while I was walking away so I couldn't be seen of course.

Is it really possible to like a 350Z better than a 911 Carrera?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:45 PM
c4bliss
Racer

Best i ever got was sitting outside a coffee place, two guys walk by the car, stop and look. one turns to the other and says, "Man, thats a nice Ferrari!" .

Quick Reply: Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?