Advice on which 996 to go with

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
A couple of things the Yellow car looks like it has full leather. I think I see stitching on the panel, top dash and the dash looks smooth not vinyl. Also Supple leather seats will look more weathered just the nature of the supple leather. For supple leather those look great. They will look much better in person. The Red car looks like the top part of the dash does not have stitching which would mean the car is not Full leather.

Yellow Car: Aero, Full Leather ?, 3 spoke wheel, PSE, PSM, Litronics, SD wheels, low miles.... MAN BUY IT ALLREADY!!!! No brainer.
Agree with what Sandoval said about the SY car. I noticed the stitching on the driver door and the supple leather. Those seats look in good shape. I have supple leather seats and LOVE them. Speed Yellow is my choice too!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:49 AM
exlondoner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers guys, I will provide an uodate tomorrow if whats going on.

DAC, cheers man, the guys name is Mark, if you like you can say mention Mick from MD asked me to comeby...

Night all!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Chris 996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would consider very heavily only buying a car that comes with a CPO warranty.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
exlondoner
Racer

Can I not purchase a warranty after purchase?
He is arranging to have a PPI done this week without hesitation at http://www.reevesimportmotorcars.com/
Old 08-29-2006, 03:16 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by exlondoner
Can I not purchase a warranty after purchase?
He is arranging to have a PPI done this week without hesitation at http://www.reevesimportmotorcars.com/
Yes you can purchase a warranty, but it will NOT be a Porsche CPO (Certified Pre Owned) unless 1) you buy the car from a Porsche dealer and they CPO the car, or 2) the car is currently under CPO and you buy it from the current owner. Then the CPO warranty is transferrable.

If the car is not currently a CPO car you will have to go with an aftermarket warranty. Do a "search" on Warranty and you will get so many threads on the topic that you will have a full evening of reading ahead of you.

Last edited by gota911; 08-29-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:26 PM
007 911
AutoX

Man that yellow one looks sick. I would get down there posthaste to check that one out. Of course the red one looks good too, but there is something about the yellow that I really love.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:32 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Great, I will be searching under Warranties over the next few days.

Update
He is going to arrange for a PPI this week, so if all is well, the car should be in my garage next month. Should give me enough time up the paint up the garage and tile up the floor.

Again excellent feedback as always
Old 08-29-2006, 04:42 PM
krisd
Instructor

Might just be my monitor, but neither appear to have the full leather. I like the darker interiors, so the Red car doesn't appeal that much to me. I do like the look of the Yellow one.

I would make a list of all the options you want and not settle until you find the car you like. If the yellow one fits the bill, I wouldn't worry about a couple thousand dollars, I would fly down there, buy it and drive it back. I drove mine back which was over a 2,000 mile trip, it was great! Fly down on a Friday and drive it back over the weekend.

If these two cars don't have all the options you want, wait. It will be painfull, but there are a lot of good cars out there.

Kris

Kris
Old 08-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Chris 996
Racer

Originally Posted by gota911
Yes you can purchase a warranty, but it will NOT be a Porsche CPO (Certified Pre Owned) unless 1) you buy the car from a Porsche dealer and they CPO the car, or 2) the car is currently under CPO and you buy it from the current owner. Then the CPO warranty is transferrable.

If the car is not currently a CPO car you will have to go with an aftermarket warranty. Do a "search" on Warranty and you will get so many threads on the tipoc that you will have a full evening of reading ahead of you.

Just make sure if you do purchase an after market warranty that it will cover an RMS leak if one should occur. Other wise you may not need the warranty.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:36 PM
racer
Drifting

Both are "arrest me" colors. If your going to be arrested, I say get the Yellow!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 PM
RAC
Racer

Ok Mick, stopped by to see the red car. Highline is a good place. I would buy from them. I know a few people that have bought there and they were happy with them and the cars. They have a good rep. They also was just name best used car dealer in Colorado. For what ever that is worth. As for the car, it is a nice clean looking car. All the gaps looked uniformed and even. There was a small spot of rash on the rear driver side wheel. Also a small little spot on the passenger side. Very small it would not stop me from buying the car. It does have the 3m style clear bra stuff on it. The car is not full leather. I am glad that my car is full leather with supple seats! The coolant cap and tank were both .00 and not the newer .01. I did not drive the car because I figured you'll go for the yellow.

option codes:
co2

Let me know if you need any help.

-AC
Old 08-30-2006, 12:40 AM
exlondoner
Racer

Originally Posted by RAC
Ok Mick, stopped by to see the red car. Highline is a good place. I would buy from them. I know a few people that have bought there and they were happy with them and the cars. They have a good rep. They also was just name best used car dealer in Colorado. For what ever that is worth. As for the car, it is a nice clean looking car. All the gaps looked uniformed and even. There was a small spot of rash on the rear driver side wheel. Also a small little spot on the passenger side. Very small it would not stop me from buying the car. It does have the 3m style clear bra stuff on it. The car is not full leather. I am glad that my car is full leather with supple seats! The coolant cap and tank were both .00 and not the newer .01. I did not drive the car because I figured you'll go for the yellow.

option codes:
co2

Let me know if you need any help.

-AC

RAC, really appreciate you going there and taking a look at her. The owner of the yellow is taking her for the PPI and getting an Oil service done tomorrow, if everything checks out, she'll be the one I'll be picking up.

Again I'd like to thank everyone who has shared there experiences and there thoughts.

Mick
Old 08-30-2006, 01:10 AM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldn't buy a car without personally test driving it first. Took me 7 months and test drove about 10 cars to find the right 996 for me.

Put a deposit on both, do a ppi on both, pick the car in the best condition, fly out there and test drive it. If everything goes well, go through with the sale. Drive the car home or fly back and have the car shipped.

$40k is a lot to spend without test driving the car.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 AM
exlondoner
Racer

I will be test driving her prior to handing the check over. PPI report should be here sometime this morning.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Good luck, hope the Yellow one works out, great looking 996.

Quick Reply: Advice on which 996 to go with