Sponsored by:

My Porsche attracts men.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:23 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Porsche attracts men.

I'm really getting tired of dudes telling me "nice car", "thanks for bringing my car over", "I like that!".. I mean it's cool and all but I want some women to speak up. Even back when I drove a Nissan Maxima, more women commented on the car.

But this thing is a man magnet. Maybe because Porsches are not in the latest rap and R&B video's is the reason most women don't even know it's a Porsche("Porsche" is only dislpayed in small font on the front emblem) and moreover that it's even good enough looking to even ask.

Could be I've grown uglier too.

Just venting..
Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Chicks notice the car, trust me, but I'm sure they feel if they comment to you you'll want to pull over and harass them.

I was parked outside the W hotel in Union Square in NYC and this model looking women walks up to the car and says "I just have to say that's the sexiest car I've ever seen!", "I said thank you, thank you very much", then her boyfriend came over and said the same thing.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

women see the car, but think you are too hot for them.....not because of you but because of the car...you are suddenly the Alpha male...in your rice burner you are still approachable...now in your P you are above the mass (in their eyes!)
Guys are getting more honest when they see something really nice (like our P's) and can't stop themselves from turning into nerds...or admirers.
my 2cents.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:36 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Ok, I'll go with your "feel good" post.

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
women see the car, but think you are too hot for them.....not because of you but because of the car...you are suddenly the Alpha male...in your rice burner you are still approachable...now in your P you are above the mass (in their eyes!)
Guys are getting more honest when they see something really nice (like our P's) and can't stop themselves from turning into nerds...or admirers.
my 2cents.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:41 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

I never harassed them in the Maxima..lol I just said thanks. Here's another male example..

Driving along and get stopped at a light. A guy pulls next to me in a BMW 3 series and yells in a "Yuppish accent", "Hey, I love your Carrera". "I have a 96 Carrera, this car here is my Bitch's car". I'm thinking "Bitch's car I don't even call my Bitches, Bitches"..

Originally Posted by riad
Chicks notice the car, trust me, but I'm sure they feel if they comment to you you'll want to pull over and harass them.

I was parked outside the W hotel in Union Square in NYC and this model looking women walks up to the car and says "I just have to say that's the sexiest car I've ever seen!", "I said thank you, thank you very much", then her boyfriend came over and said the same thing.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:43 PM
racer
Drifting

Maybe you're just reading too much into it? Maybe you are homophobic and the car makes you insecure? Guys always like cars. Girls don't always like cars. If you bought it for the chicks, well, maybe you bought for the wrong reason? (or you need to hang out at places that employ chicks named "ginger", "Cindeee" or "Jenna") lol. Lighten up and have fun with it!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:51 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

The post is light hearted.. I can't really be homophobic living in the DC area and Atlanta being my second home it would drain me if I were. Plus the fact that I never even thought of the guys who have said something to me as being gay. I bought the car for me and every time I take it out a dude says something to me.. I just want more vocal ladies, I'd even count lesbians.

Originally Posted by racer
Maybe you're just reading too much into it? Maybe you are homophobic and the car makes you insecure? Guys always like cars. Girls don't always like cars. If you bought it for the chicks, well, maybe you bought for the wrong reason? (or you need to hang out at places that employ chicks named "ginger", "Cindeee" or "Jenna") lol. Lighten up and have fun with it!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

I always found that my car attracts women that are way too old for me, or too young... not that it matters.

I always get a laugh out of my wife when I say "chicks dig the car" (one of the most memorable lines from Batman)

...it's actually a little awkward when the wife of one of your friends is fawning over the car.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also notice that my Porsche attracts more male attention & my SC430 attracts more attention all around, which includes female attention. For some reason the Porsche dont really do it for the ladies, as far as I have seen. maybe the porsche is much more masculine?
Old 07-25-2006, 06:03 PM
pl
Drifting

it's very "gay"
Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 PM
QueenCityCarrera4
Instructor

Lesbians! Hot ones!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I get a lot of attention from both males and females.

I've only owned my C4S for about 10 days, but everytime I park somewhere, the gym, grocery store, dunkin doughnuts, work, my house, etc. someone male or female comes over to complement the car.

I have a new best friend every where I go.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:33 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As a rule chicks cant gush over your car. Its like hey I love your car, would you like to go home with me now? I have found that they def notice and are impressed when you pull up in the Pcar. Common question I get - how could you afford that car? They have no clue I paid less than 40K for it, and I don't feel obligated to offer up that info either...
Old 07-25-2006, 07:12 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Women are just not as comfortable as men on verbally complimenting about another's car, but most do know about Porsches. At the gas station recently, a young lady drove by while I was filling up and was staring at my C4S, and as I was pulling out of the station, I could see in the rear view mirror that she was still fixated on my car.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
bellwilliam
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

may be your are the gay type !! they are just trying to hit on you.
or you look like one of the centerfold in a gay magazine.

I wonder if 911 is on the top of Gay car list ?

Quick Reply: My Porsche attracts men.