Sponsored by:

My Porsche attracts men.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slaaw
.... At the gas station recently, a young lady drove by while I was filling up and was staring at my C4S, and as I was pulling out of the station, I could see in the rear view mirror that she was still fixated on my car.
Could it be that your fly was open?.... (J/K)

Anyway, in general, I wonder if our beloved P-cars would get more female attention if they looked more like high fashion/pricey women's shoes...
Old 07-25-2006, 08:30 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a lot of kids compliment me on my car. One time I had to explain to a minivan full of soccer kids at the gas station why I am filling the car up in FRONT instead of the back!

Funny story... a couple of weeks ago one of the girls in the office asked me out to an Irish pub to see this band play. We agreed to meet at the pub since I would have had to drive 25 miles out of the way to pick her up.

I arrived at the pub late so it was a little tough finding a parking spot near the door. I circled around the lot once and then saw a man walking out of the pub to his car. He pointed out his car and I pulled up about 2 cars behind him and waited for him to leave.

While I was waiting, I saw a group of four girls walking towards the pub. One of the girls saw me waiting, yelled out "I love your Porsche!" and started running towards my car! Before I knew it she was right at the passenger door asking me for a ride. She was pretty cute so I figured what the heck, let me have a little fun. I reached over and opened the door and she hopped in and asked "where are we going?" At this point her girlfriends started yelling "Christine get out of that car!!" I felt kind of bad after that so I told her "well, I'm just waiting for this guy to leave and then we can take a short ride to that parking spot." She was disappointed but I told her that I would buy her a drink in the pub to make it up to her. Of course I never saw her again because the pub was packed. It worked out for the best though because I ended up driving 30 miles out of the way after all at the end of the night.

Porsche Cabriolet + Cute, Young (Dumb) Girl = Priceless!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 PM
dirtrack49
Instructor

Old farts like myself admire the red Porsche. Hot chicks like my 1926 Model T. Go figure....

Tom L
2002 C2
Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 PM
arrowax
Advanced

Originally Posted by bellwilliam

I wonder if 911 is on the top of Gay car list ?
I remember TopGear saying that bmw's top that list, they even found a website that did the (top choice for gay people) survey.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:21 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So just to add to the mix here.

Guards Red Boxster - no one really stops or comments that much - male or female

Black 996 - every guy on the street is now my best buddy, stops to chat, want's tips on detailing, etc etc....

Even my wifey commented that it was a guy magnet.

Before the 996 - MINI Cooper S - definite chick magnet - got approached everywhere - probably figured it's a low risk / 'gay' car or something - always said it was 'cute'

Chris.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:27 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm really getting tired of dudes telling me "nice car", "thanks for bringing my car over", "I like that!".. I mean it's cool and all but I want some women to speak up. Even back when I drove a Nissan Maxima, more women commented on the car.

About six years ago I took my secretary to lunch in my 911. It was a beautiful day so I put the top down, and we had a spirited drive down country roads on our way to the restaurant. On our way back to work, I asked her what she thought of my Porsche. She said that it was nice, but her favorite car was a Honda Civic. Go figure.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:48 PM
arrowax
Advanced

hmm..only had the car for a wk, but this is what i know. Most of my female friends liked the car,but they certainly do not want to own it, they prefer to have something like a 6 series or an audi TT. they think it is more expensive than all BMW's and Merc's. I certainly think other people noticed but they might simply don't care (esp women). Women are not into cars in the first place. Mostly guys came over for a chat, but sometimes even they can't tell if it's a boxter or a 911, they just know it's a Porsche (probably because of where i live).

I went to O'reily's the other day looking for a tar remover, i asked the guy to show me it actually works, he said which car, I pointed to my car, 'oh the boxter' he said. I just nodded. I figure that if they guy who works in an auto parts shop doesn't recognise the car, then most people won't know what it is either. I bought the car not to get recognised anyway, bought it coz i love to drive.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 PM
an02boxster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is blk lots of guys but the females look a lot rear/side view. One asked if I was married. But I love the cars too and always look often talk to owners.

Girls are weird?????
Old 07-25-2006, 11:10 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arrowax
... I figure that if they guy who works in an auto parts shop doesn't recognise the car, then most people won't know what it is either. I bought the car not to get recognised anyway, bought it coz i love to drive...
i think 95% ppl can't tell the diff. between 996/boxster/997/987
let alone all those C4/C4S
Old 07-25-2006, 11:18 PM
MadMikeM
Track Day

I dunno - always nice to have feedback from females when you're preening in your vehicle....

However, I think the most priceless moment I've had was the second day I owned my C4S - I pulled thru a Target parking lot in front of a bunch of young dudes just hangning out on the corner - each one had to pretty much pick his jaw up off the ground just like a super hot untouchable chick walked by. Somehow there's just something really satisfying about that - I guess it could be the 'one day, maybe you'll own one of these, son' kind of thing.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:48 PM
mduff
Instructor

I originally purchased this P car for my wife. (that has all changed now, I have all but given up my 944S). But the first several weeks that we had it, she got hit on, dinner offers, date invitations numerous times. Me? I got nada except the same comments as everyone else has mentioned. From Dudes.
I do believe that the majority of women just dont care enough. I think that they know it is a nice car but that is more of a guy thing.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm surprised that a stock 911 996 attracts attn. they are so many of them here... might as well be accords. there's one black 996 around town with the full Ruf aerokit slammed on black 19" wheels. now that's a head turner.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:12 AM
Chris 996
Racer

We men are aggressive, we ask women on dates, and we will comment on a car to a complete stranger. Now a days with kidnappings and the news must women are afraid to comment. Keep your eyes open though and you will see plenty looking at you and your car like eye candy.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 AM
AmirShaikh
Instructor

Dunno...

One of my friends with a Ferrari 355 was saying that "if you are married, you should hide the keys". Basically a total woman magnet....told me women do weird things.

However...

Get lots of comments on the Supra...many more guys than girls...but that's cuz probably where I bring it, and typically guys are more open about cars.

The most memorable girl experience was the "I love your car" yelled at me from by 2 girls in a passing jeep.

My weirdest was where I parked it at a hotel I was staying at in Springfield, MA...I parked nice and far away...walked into the hotel...into the elevator..and 2 guys in the elevator asked me if it as my car...then told me they really liked it. Very weird since the time between parking and elevator was around 3 minutes.

Lots of thumbs up on the highways.

My wife brought it to the hospital where she works...the female parking attendant said "wow...amazing car...nicest one in here"...ps...lots of doctors in there with SL500, Porsche's and what not...so no idea.

So..more guys that girls.

Lastly...(I found a 99 C4 Cab - pics soon)...

Parked it at a Radio Shack (was needing a power connector for the funky little lighter connector) and the two girls in there told me they were watching it the minute it parked there (aka they could see it from the front window).

The gas station guys loved it....asked me if it was new.

I think people are typically speechless when they see a Porsche and their owners deemed arrogant and unapproachable (someone else in this thread said that).

thanks,
Amir
Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 AM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

Try owning an old 6 series. It's been coined the 'dude magnet' by friends. And that's a rather apt description.

I'm actually shocked at how little attention the 911 gets. I assumed it was the black...

Quick Reply: My Porsche attracts men.