Sponsored by:

My Porsche attracts men.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:07 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Maybe because Porsches are not in the latest rap and R&B video's is the reason most women don't even know it's a Porsche("Porsche" is only dislpayed in small font on the front emblem) and moreover that it's even good enough looking to even ask.
I would be amazed if the average American woman couldn't identify a 911 as a Porsche. Or maybe they just assume it's a Beetle and then what would be the point of complimenting you!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 AM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I drive an 04 Maxima and a 996 on the weekends (both black so color is not the reson). I drive the Maxima about 4 times as much and to date I have gotten zero comments on the Max. The 911 gets comments everywhere I go, esp with the the 19's on it...Dont go back to the Maxima.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 AM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cdodkin
So just to add to the mix here.

Guards Red Boxster - no one really stops or comments that much - male or female

Black 996 - every guy on the street is now my best buddy, stops to chat, want's tips on detailing, etc etc....

Even my wifey commented that it was a guy magnet.

Before the 996 - MINI Cooper S - definite chick magnet - got approached everywhere - probably figured it's a low risk / 'gay' car or something - always said it was 'cute'

Chris.

I have a Red Cooper S too. Great car!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by oreganet
I always found that my car attracts women that are way too old for me, or too young... not that it matters.
Got that right - the one time a woman pulled up next to me to tell me how hot my car was, she was at least 65!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

Dont know if its the color but my car gets notice everywhere I go by males and females. I even see moms breaking their necks just to take a peep. Its crazy cause its just a porsche 911'.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

my porsche and miata were in the driveway and my gto was in front of the house. my neighbor is walking her dog and comes over like a little girl all giddy telling me my car is gorgeous, etc. I am on a ladder trimming a branch and say thanks.

she comes closer still gushing...... at the miata. chicks dig convertibles.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:16 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Cabrio..

Originally Posted by Tom R.
my porsche and miata were in the driveway and my gto was in front of the house. my neighbor is walking her dog and comes over like a little girl all giddy telling me my car is gorgeous, etc. I am on a ladder trimming a branch and say thanks.

she comes closer still gushing...... at the miata. chicks dig convertibles.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:04 PM
club411
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My Take...

I live in in the west loop of Chicago where every 3rd guy has a 911. You pull up to a club with it ( mine is pretty decked out too) and they park it in back to make room for the lambos, bentley's and ferrari's.

However when I am out in the suburbs... people freak out like I was driving a spaceship...

Funny, when you pull a girl out of the club and into the car the reaction you get...they seem to get noticebly friendlier. Then they get even more friendly when they walk in my place... and one more level of friendly when they go outside in the hot tub.

Proof!.....

Standard Club Rat Girls
Old 07-26-2006, 04:34 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by club411
My Take...

I live in in the west loop of Chicago where every 3rd guy has a 911. You pull up to a club with it ( mine is pretty decked out too) and they park it in back to make room for the lambos, bentley's and ferrari's.

However when I am out in the suburbs... people freak out like I was driving a spaceship...

Funny, when you pull a girl out of the club and into the car the reaction you get...they seem to get noticebly friendlier. Then they get even more friendly when they walk in my place... and one more level of friendly when they go outside in the hot tub.

Proof!.....

Standard Club Rat Girls

Ballin'...
Old 07-26-2006, 04:39 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA! Get it, do it!

Originally Posted by club411
My Take...

Proof!.....

Standard Club Rat Girls
Old 07-26-2006, 04:48 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

too many women are cooped up six feet above us in their SUVs. not only can they not see us, but can't hear our screams when they drive over us.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Got that right - the one time a woman pulled up next to me to tell me how hot my car was, she was at least 65!
...must be soething about PA women.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Okay, here's my best story.

I drive my 9 month old son to daycare each morning. I drop him off just as the doors open, so if you get there early there's usually a line of minivans and SUVs all parked waiting to get in, as they also arrived early. The first day I drove there in the Carrera I pulled into the parking lot and a line of 5 SUVs was there, guys at the wheel and I saw every one of them simultaneously strain their necks to check out the car as I pulled into my place got out of my car, walk around the back to the passsenger side and pull my son out of the car in his infant carrier. It was hilarious. Now that they're used to seeing it they don't even turn to look, but that first day was a classic day that you dream of.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:43 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

My recent Pcar chick story. In the elevator of a NY hotel. Two attractive young twenty somethings girls get in, talking about one of the girls date. "I cannot believe he called, I am so excited"...."what if he drives as Porsche".. Other girl goes "well, you have a ride home or even better.." they both start giggling.

My wife looks at me, rolls her eyes.

This is why I hated all Porsche owners until I owned one....!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Frank Courts
Intermediate

Default 911 is a guy thing!

I drive a C2 and a Boxster. Get way more female attention in the Boxster and way more male comments in the C2. Guys sense the power of the C2 and most women don't care about speed and handling. They just like the "look" of a cool rag top. I suspect that a Cab and a Boxster would have an equal "wow" factor with most women. I have women friend that like to "borrow" a car to drive. They always choose the Boxster. I'm not sure if that would be true for a Lambo or Ferrari....

Quick Reply: My Porsche attracts men.