996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

My Porsche attracts men.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 07:08 PM
WearyMicrobe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Move out here to San Diego, people simply don't care to much to even ask unless its something way out there. When I bring the 356 out it takes my 45 mintues to fuel up because of the questions, The 911 not a single question.

Might have to do with the fact that there more Porsches out here is SD then any other place on earth, I count them on the way to work to pass the time in traffic.

The only funny car story of people coming up to one of my cars involves my wife, she had taken the 308 out for some reason because I had blocked her car in. She got home and handed me the keys and said she would never drive the thing again. Took a good week to get a answer out of her but seems that some "creepy old guy" came up to here and aksed her to marry him assuming that it was her car, anfter that it was a parade of questions and she simply does not understand the appeal of driving a car that is the absolute center of attention.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always get the cool car comments or thumbs up from little kids. I think most adult in my affluent area of the world are too jaded to make a nice comment. I found many would rather cut me off...

Oh well F#%ck them
Old 07-26-2006, 10:15 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

I'm not really into the little kids gauking(sp?) but on my way out of the neighborhood today 3 little boys were walking the opposite direction. I heard one of them say "that's not a BMW" as I passed by. LOL!! I immediately thought of this thread..

Originally Posted by galeriehughie
I always get the cool car comments or thumbs up from little kids. I think most adult in my affluent area of the world are too jaded to make a nice comment. I found many would rather cut me off...

Oh well F#%ck them
Old 07-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Lol Washinton, I meant it only in terms of honesty... Obviously!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Vulture996
Instructor

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
I'm really getting tired of dudes telling me "nice car", "thanks for bringing my car over", "I like that!".. I mean it's cool and all but I want some women to speak up. Even back when I drove a Nissan Maxima, more women commented on the car.

But this thing is a man magnet. Maybe because Porsches are not in the latest rap and R&B video's is the reason most women don't even know it's a Porsche("Porsche" is only dislpayed in small font on the front emblem) and moreover that it's even good enough looking to even ask.

Could be I've grown uglier too.

Just venting..
PUHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHhahahaha
2 funny, look man, come out with the champ. I'll show you how to floss it.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:59 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sucks to be him...

This happened just 10 minutes ago... I was stopped at a light waiting to turn on to my street to go home (I was on Rte. 123/Chain Bridge Road waiting to turn left on to International Drive, for those of you from NoVA/DC.) I just happened to look back to check out what was behind me when I saw an older man coming up to the light, checking out my car -- he even nodded at me as if to say "nice car." Anyway, I guess he was so mesmerized that he didn't notice the light was red! He slams on the brakes and stops about 2 feet past the line. A split second later I hear a loud chirp and see red and blue lights. Busted! There was one of Fairfax County's finest right next to him. I feel sorry for the guy but I guess that's one less dude who will be admiring Porsches.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:09 PM
chuckla
Racer

Hey DC, I work downtown and have never had one chick gush, swoon, admire, bend over or anything in between. And mine is Guards Red. Maybe I need a tuneup or makeover.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I just read the whole thread, and I'm still laughing from Riad's post

The 911 does seem to evoke more reactions from guys. Funny thing is, the 987S seems to attract comments from girls!! I would have thought it was the other way around. Even my wife, who tucks her hair into a baseball cap and wears sunglasses when she drives with the car top down, is not immune and has been whistled at by other girls when she drives the 987S .
Old 07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Haha, this thread is great.

Today's Silver Bullit Related story:

Comming back from a Local Rennlister meet, i pin the throttle thru a tunnel and absolutly light the thing up (Fabspeed Bypass Pipes), pedestrians having heart attacks, ppl covering their ears, one guy allmost tripped, u know that kinda loud (unexpecting too since when i approached i had lifted off the gas). When I stop at the light just on the other side of the tunnel, this blond chick (must have been maybe 22-23 ish more or less) comes up to me and told me i scared the living crap outta her and her friends and that that was a mean thing to do. So i say i'm sorry and offer her a lift to where she has to go. 8 Mins later i've got a name, number and a date for 2morro night.

And that gentlemen, is how you use an otherwise obnoxious set of mufflers to pickup chicks.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:25 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by programmatore
This happened just 10 minutes ago... I was stopped at a light waiting to turn on to my street to go home (I was on Rte. 123/Chain Bridge Road waiting to turn left on to International Drive, for those of you from NoVA/DC.) I just happened to look back to check out what was behind me when I saw an older man coming up to the light, checking out my car -- he even nodded at me as if to say "nice car." Anyway, I guess he was so mesmerized that he didn't notice the light was red! He slams on the brakes and stops about 2 feet past the line. A split second later I hear a loud chirp and see red and blue lights. Busted! There was one of Fairfax County's finest right next to him. I feel sorry for the guy but I guess that's one less dude who will be admiring Porsches.
Haha, oh man, i know this feeling. back before i obtained baller rennlist status, i was driving along and was simply awstruck by a 996 with aerokit I, slammed with rims. I was so distracted staring at the car (this was before porsche's became commonplace) that i didn't notice that traffic had stopped infront of me. I slam on the brakes (which doesn't really mean much in a civic DX) and slow down to crawling speed but still manage to hit some lady's rear bumper, not hard, but it did leave two neat little holes from my front plate on there.

You guys who complain about Porsche related bills, i was paying "porsche related expenses" before I even got one!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:53 AM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 207 Posts

Hey, be glad it's the car attracting them, and not you....
Old 07-30-2006, 02:40 PM
RobynC
Pro

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
I'm really getting tired of dudes telling me "nice car", "thanks for bringing my car over", "I like that!".. I mean it's cool and all but I want some women to speak up. Even back when I drove a Nissan Maxima, more women commented on the car.

But this thing is a man magnet. Maybe because Porsches are not in the latest rap and R&B video's is the reason most women don't even know it's a Porsche("Porsche" is only dislpayed in small font on the front emblem) and moreover that it's even good enough looking to even ask.

Could be I've grown uglier too.

Just venting..
Hey, I'm not complaining! I LOVE it!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:43 PM
RobynC
Pro

Originally Posted by bellwilliam
may be your are the gay type !! they are just trying to hit on you.
or you look like one of the centerfold in a gay magazine.

I wonder if 911 is on the top of Gay car list ?
Actually, the 911 isn't but the Cayman made that list. At number 5 I believe. I read that in Total 911.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:58 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobynC
Hey, I'm not complaining! I LOVE it!
Ha! Like you need any help attracting men. Heck, you'd look cute even if you were driving a Hyundai! Seroiusly, I think you're the cutest woman on Rennlist.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by programmatore
Ha! Like you need any help attracting men. Heck, you'd look cute even if you were driving a Hyundai! Seroiusly, I think you're the cutest woman on Rennlist.
Did you realize that these words didn't stay in your head and made it into the forum?

I feel like I'm in a cheap pick-up bar

Quick Reply: My Porsche attracts men.