Sponsored by:

Evolution supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:22 PM
MYSTRO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Evolution supercharger

I am A new member and was wondering if anyone here has experience with the evolution supercharger for the 996. I own a 2002 cab.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:04 PM
s14roller
Racer

I think you can search for the results...there's a lot of threads where people give valuable input. I think the large majority of people are happy with the EVO SC and from what I can see, they're also reliable.

Oh yeah, nice cab and welcome!
Old 07-22-2006, 02:48 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Dan from Vivid should be chiming in any minute.............
Old 07-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a number of folks on this board who have the EVO supercharger and can answer your questions. Get ahold of Jason Stuart...he's on this board and is from the LittleRock Ark area. He just went thru that whole process and has an EVO supercharged 99/996. From all the comments I've read...with the exception of a few folks, they're very satisfied with the performance.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:07 PM
MYSTRO
Advanced

Thanks for the reply, I am looking for power comparable to the turbo.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:09 AM
2fas4u
Instructor

Thumbs up supercharger

you want the evo supercharger! it's great power on demand without the turbo price conversion. Warning get someone qualified to install it, the only probs with other porschers is unqualified installers. However i installed my own i like to turn wrenches as a hoby, nothing like the feeling of hopping up my own ride. This was done under the watchful eye of my mech. evo's setup is 420 hp 358 tq linear power on tap and a world of difference from stock!
Old 07-27-2006, 12:15 AM
StuartFirm
Instructor

You will not be disappointed with the EVOMS setup, unless like 2fas4u said, you get an unqualified shop to install it. Call EVOMS for authorized installers near you. Sometimes their website isn't updated with experienced techs and a call will do you wonders. I had to have Global Motorsports Group (a.k.a. GMG Racing) in Santa Ana, CA reinstall my system after another lesser shop in LA did the first install. GMG is awesome.

As for the EVOMS system, they worked closely with VF Engineering and GIAC on the design of the system. It is "rock solid" reliable and EVOMS and VF both have technicians who are more than willing to talk to your and your mechanic. They each have excellent follow-up product support. There were some early problems with poorly designed hoses popping off under boost and some wrong sized pulleys, but all of those issues have been resolved by the engineers. My system was one of the early ones and has been retrofitted with the updated pulleys, hoses and software.

We want to hear your stories of amazment after you get the mod installed. Please make sure to heed our advice to use only an authorized installer.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:58 AM
jchamlee
Intermediate

Has anyone super-charged their 996 and continued to use as a daily driver? I've heard that some cars can become too powerful to drive on a daily basis...things break more frequently. But this comes from a friend who had a super-charged Cobra a few years ago. Comments???
Old 07-27-2006, 04:23 PM
2fas4u
Instructor

Cool this is not a mustang

No offense, porsche was made to be driven hard the fact withstanding of regular maintenance. You don't drive your car till something breaks you maintain your ride.
and they are not like mustangs (no offense to anyone who owns a mustang anywhere; not condescending) nevertheless this is a very highly enginered car, it wouldn't be an over statment to say it's over engineered if you maintain your car you will be happy with a supercharger
Old 07-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

However, it's best to do after your warranty expires.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny but true..

Originally Posted by riad
However, it's best to do after your warranty expires.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:21 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

How many minutes was that??? Did I beat my record?

Mystro, go here -
http://vrsm.vividracing.com/index.ph...=Project%20996
Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by vividracing
How many minutes was that??? Did I beat my record?

Mystro, go here -
http://vrsm.vividracing.com/index.ph...=Project%20996
Not even close Dan. Getting slow in your old age.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 PM
toolu
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EVIL oops I meant EVO superchargers are great if you like check engine lights, broken and rattling cats, replacing spark plugs every 5000 miles, replacing $400 MAFS every 3000 miles, and stalling while trying to cross busy streets. Stay away. Buy a used turbo, 944, 993, 996
Old 08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toolu
EVIL oops I meant EVO superchargers are great if you like check engine lights, broken and rattling cats, replacing spark plugs every 5000 miles, replacing $400 MAFS every 3000 miles, and stalling while trying to cross busy streets. Stay away. Buy a used turbo, 944, 993, 996
and this is your personal experience? you are talking out of your ***. toolu at 11 posts hmm... ya you have cred

mine has been reliable, no MAFS, CELs, no stalling, cats are fine... no problems and yes i do have first hand experience.

i had mine installed at 78K and now am at 89K. still running real strong. it's a daily driver and track it at least once a month.

i did have oil fouling the intercooler but that was due to oil overfill, stupid on my part.

it has power comparable to a TT (i have pulled on a TT from a roll) but doesn't have the torque.

yes you do need an experienced installer.

from the 140+ kits out there, none of the engines have blown. boost is very linear so as not to put a huge strain on the drivetrain.

Quick Reply: Evolution supercharger