Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Forest green metallic and pricing help !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:31 PM
notbostrom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forest green metallic and pricing help !!!!

Whats the scoop on this color? Love it hate it. Would you pay more for it, same or less because it isn't desireable?

Thanks

PS I'm also curious on pricing, see me post below. Much thanks in advance

Last edited by notbostrom; 07-10-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

It has been my observation over the last year that many of the members don't like green Porsches. I, for one, think that the Forest Green is a very rich looking color from some of the pics I have seen. Unfortunately, I have yet to see Forest Green in person. I think it is similar to Speed Yellow in the fact that it appeals to a very small percentage of P-car enthusiasts. It is definitely on the opposite end of the "popularity spectrum" of silver/gray.

Because it is relatively rare, one would think it would sell for a premium price. But because there are so few buyers that are interested in having that color, you probably can get it for less than the more common colors.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've seen it on Boxsters (with Savannah interior), but not 911s. I like it, but not enough to buy one in that color.

Phil
Old 07-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

I have seen one and actually really liked it. However, to me it's more a color that goes well with Jags, MG's, Triumphs (i.e., British racing green). I also think Tim is correct as it relates to resell... have seen som esitting around for a very long time and they seem to be priced at a discount.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
notbostrom
Instructor

I guess that explains the price of this car. It looks to be a super clean 2002 cab, 6spd aero kit, full leather tech and wood pkg. 42k miles for $49,000. I was bought as a CPO car so it does have some warr. remaining.. hows that price sound???? any opinions before I take the plunge????????????
Old 07-10-2006, 11:05 AM
NYDolfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got any pics of it?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:06 AM
notbostrom
Instructor

Originally Posted by NYDolfan
Got any pics of it?
not any good ones, the ones I had I thought the car was black until I spoke with the owner
Old 07-10-2006, 11:12 AM
NYDolfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like the perfect car that I'd want however can't afford that kind of money right now. Can you email me the pics you do have? I'm just interested in looking at them. I'll IM you my email address. Thanks
Old 07-10-2006, 11:15 AM
QueenCityCarrera4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my first post, thought it might be a good time to chime in. I just bought a Rain Forest Green 2001 C4 Aero. In the first two weeks of ownership, I am getting more looks and compliments on it than the tricked out 92 Gemballa I used to have. I will post the photos when I figure it out. Great site so far, great info.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

That's a good price...so color seems to affect pricing.. 02 and up with CPO should be more than that..
Do it if the color is or you...
Old 07-10-2006, 11:20 AM
NYDolfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

just checked autotrader.com - there's a similar one for $45K.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:26 AM
notbostrom
Instructor

Originally Posted by NYDolfan
just checked autotrader.com - there's a similar one for $45K.
what state?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:32 AM
NYDolfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rocky (something) Euromotors? Just do a search on 911, 2002, green. it'll pop up.. it had 43K miles.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

It is Rocky Mountain Eurosport.

It is near me.

You want some advice? Stay far away from them. I have stories that would make you cringe about those guys.

Here is the car just for reference:
Old 07-10-2006, 02:51 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by QueenCityCarrera4
This is my first post, thought it might be a good time to chime in. I just bought a Rain Forest Green 2001 C4 Aero. In the first two weeks of ownership, I am getting more looks and compliments on it than the tricked out 92 Gemballa I used to have. I will post the photos when I figure it out. Great site so far, great info.
Here are my "can't miss" instructions on how to post a pic here.

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply and the Preview Post and Spell Check buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and Close this Window.

Click on the Browse button and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. Now click on the Upload button. After the file has been uploaded, you can click on Browse button and repeat the process to upload another pic or click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

Quick Reply: Forest green metallic and pricing help !!!!