Sponsored by:

Car NOT sold...I repeat NOT sold

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:05 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car NOT sold...I repeat NOT sold

Sorry to all of you , The deal with the car went sour...We agreed on a price and the guy shows up with 3K less. I was so pissed that he tried this ****.I told him I will give you one more chance, then he said he thought he was paying too much, so I told him the car was not for sale to him any more, I said you could come to me with 200 K he would never own this car. LOL he was so trying to save the deal. I am sorry to all of you waiting on the parts.

Last edited by kilrgt; 04-10-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Never understood why people pull that crap! What did he expect you to say? You should have said, sure, that sounds good but the ignition key is separate from the deal and you will sell it to him for $3K!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:10 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Too bad to hear about your deal falling through. I know the feeling though. Negotiating is fine and try to work out the best deal you can, but once both parties agree on a deal, it should be done. I've never been a fan of that re-negotiating after the fact. Some sleazy auto dealers try that technique too.

Mark
Old 04-08-2006, 10:21 PM
ojpimpson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take your time most thing happen for the best.broken deals happen all the time in real estate.looks like A nice car it will sell.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:32 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok, so now that you are going to hang on to the car a LITTLE longer, paint your calipers red! That will make you feel better!

Sorry the deal fell through. Geez, what a sleeze ball! Damn Canadians! OOPS!... did I type that out loud?!?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:37 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

I really am glad tho, I plan on painting the calipers now, and I think the near sale has made me see how much I love my Porsche, its not perfect but its mine. The only thing i fell bad about is all of you wanting my mods....You vultures...I love it! You all make me proud
Old 04-08-2006, 11:40 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's really sad that someone would do such tasteless thing. he really doesn't deserve your car.

gl finding a new buyer. it won't be long.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:21 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kilrgt
I really am glad tho, I plan on painting the calipers now, and I think the near sale has made me see how much I love my Porsche, its not perfect but its mine. The only thing i fell bad about is all of you wanting my mods....You vultures...I love it! You all make me proud
Paul - you should be glad that we don't live in Toronto. If we did, then the next time you stopped into Starbucks to get a Latte, by the time you came back out to your car, all of the mods you were going to sell would ge gone! Picked clean buy the Rennlist Vultures!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:39 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Kilrgt,
The guy's a real **** for pulling that crap and probably wouldn't have cared for the car the same way you do. Oh well, at least we get to see you and your car next Saturday, right?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:54 AM
eurotrashed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously it was not a Rennlister. I had been following this thread because it was exciting, like a feeding frenzy of mod pirahnas...
Old 04-09-2006, 12:57 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotrashed
Obviously it was not a Rennlister. I had been following this thread because it was exciting, like a feeding frenzy of mod pirahnas...
Bunch of mod ****** on this forum! And trust me, it took every ounce of control for me NOT to post to that thread requesting parts!

Hi, mine name is Dell and I am a modaholic.

........Hi Dell
Old 04-09-2006, 07:18 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LVDell
Bunch of mod ****** on this forum! And trust me, it took every ounce of control for me NOT to post to that thread requesting parts!

Hi, mine name is Dell and I am a modaholic.

........Hi Dell
**** Dell, tell the truth! If you weren't 6 weeks away from moving, you would have been all over that like white on rice!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:45 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

so I told him the car was not for sale to him any more, I said you could come to me with 200 K he would never own this car

LOL I know exactly how youy feel since I had the same type of experience many years ago, and I told the guy that the car wasn't for sale to him at any price. We had agreed on a price provided that the car passed a PPI by his mechanic. His mechanic found no problems and then the guy wrote me a check for $4K less than what we had agreed upon. BTW when my 993 was delivered I asked the Dealer what he would give me for my car and it was approximately the same price that I was going to sell it for. In other words the guy was trying to low ball a wholesale price.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:42 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sorry to hear that the sale didn't go through -- I had a vested interest in the sale because I was one of those vultures! Anyway, good luck finding another buyer and I hope you still get the Lambo despite this (temporary) setback.

-G
Old 04-09-2006, 05:06 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

You were the first person on the list in fact, I am keeping the 996 for now.I so glad i didnt start taking the car apart befor the deal went south, then i would have been pissed!

Quick Reply: Car NOT sold...I repeat NOT sold