Sponsored by:

Fastest car in the world, from Sweden yah

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JET951
hey i went through my 5th gear collection and found one about the CCR with Tiff Needel driving, Tiff described the handling of the car to be "a bucket on ball bearings", he said it was the worst handling supercar he has ever driven and the best handling car he has ever driven was the lamborghini murcielago. he said the only thing the CCR was good for is straight line speed and the gearing was so long for the track they were at. i personally havnt been in any of these cars, infact i have never seen one in real life but i take Needel's word for it because he is an extremly good driver.
There is a SuperTest (SportAuto magazine) on it.

Horst von Saurma ran it at Nürburgring in 7.34 in cold weather (40F) and 1.04 at Hockenheim. It set speed records on both tracks.

Not bad for a car appointed "worst handling supercar" ...
Old 04-04-2006, 09:32 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

i am going by what tiff said, i trust his judgements because he is very qualified in his field. of all the years he has been racing, from porsche cup, british touring car, lemans, i dont think there would be many cars that he hasnt drove, so i believe he would know what a supercar drives like. he did not say t had crap handling but compared to other supercars it was the worse. but compared to sports cars i would say it would **** all over them.

i dont know who Horst von Saurma is, can you right up some stats of his or a link to his history.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:54 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Video

Click here for the Video of Sweden's finest.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:23 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did see a Veyron up close last Friday. I looks very nice in person
Old 04-05-2006, 12:01 AM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JET951
i dont know who Horst von Saurma is, can you right up some stats of his or a link to his history.
He's the cheif editor at the German magazine Sport Auto, and basically any time a new record is set at the nurburing, he was the driver.

Quick Reply: Fastest car in the world, from Sweden yah