996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WTB: H&R springs or Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006 | 07:48 PM
dant
Track Day

Default WTB: H&R springs or Eibach

If anyone has a set of any lowering springs please PM me asap.... I thought I would check the board before buying brand new ones..... My car is 1999 911 C2 6spd
thanks guys
Old 03-28-2006 | 09:24 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

dant - Here are a couple of sets on Ebay. Be careful to make sure they are the right ones for your car. C2's and C4's take different springs, also coupes and cabs are different. Good Luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eibac...50952219QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eibac...51472411QQrdZ1
Old 03-28-2006 | 09:46 PM
dant
Track Day

Default thanks

but one guy won't ship, and I already emailed the other guy and he says that he wants 250 (reserve price ) plus 35 for shipping, and tirerack has H&R springs shipped for 310...... I might as well get them from a legit supplier... My hope was that someone went to a coilover or something and took off there old set..
anyone
Old 03-28-2006 | 11:10 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Damn dude, you are cheap................................................. What type of air do you keep in your tires?
Old 03-29-2006 | 12:43 AM
dant
Track Day

Default hahahaha

not cheap.... just trying to be smart.... On my last car, BMW 330i I spent probably like 10k on mods (rims, suspension, kit, etc) and all my boys said I went the most expensive route. My attempt here is to see how sick I can make a porsche without spending a ton of money. I will probably just order the parts anyways as used springs won't make that big a deal. Just got to see whats out there though.... I will post pics when the car is done and let you know what I spent on each mod... we will see what comes out.
Old 03-29-2006 | 12:58 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dant if you did suspension on the 330i and are into performance I'd really try to go against doing springs. The ride will be pretty poor, there will be no improvement in handling- in fact you'll likely get pogo'ing with the front bobbling up and down with underdamped shocks for those springs. I know it's a big step up but the work is virtually the same to do coil overs. There's all kinds of stuff out there like the PSS9s, JICs and so forth. Check shox.com for the cheapest prices on those or try and wait for a used set of those.
Old 03-29-2006 | 03:06 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I did H&R springs and compared to the originals...the P handles sooo much better...I got slaugthered on this site because I didn't go for the 2K option...but I don't track, I drive mostly the PCH and once in a while the 405 (all in SoCal) the P handles very good at 125MPH...and before I didn't feel safe over 80MPH
Old 03-29-2006 | 03:08 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Nicolaslab... a lot of this is also very subjective and depends on how/where one drives so there's no need for you to get slaughtered either. Just driving on the street rarely does one push the cars as hard though. On a cab you do have a good bit more flex than in a coupe so it's also a bit different on those cars (not to mention the weight).
Old 03-29-2006 | 03:25 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

you are right sharkster...I don't really every push the P and it is a cab and a TIP!?..... so I am already happy with the improvement the H&R springs are giving me. My next thing is a sport exhaust...because I love the whaling sounds when the P hits the 5500-6500 ...but would love it when it does this around 3000-4500....what do you suggest ?
Old 03-29-2006 | 04:53 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
you are right sharkster...I don't really every push the P and it is a cab and a TIP!?..... so I am already happy with the improvement the H&R springs are giving me. My next thing is a sport exhaust...because I love the whaling sounds when the P hits the 5500-6500 ...but would love it when it does this around 3000-4500....what do you suggest ?
A Porsche, is a Porsche is a Porsche Heck my silly 800HP TT is a tip too! The PSE in my opinion is a bit quiet- even when it comes on. I prefer the howl of a Fabspeed/FVD or Cargraphic... None of those resonate either. You can drive around without being obnoxious. The other good one that's actually pretty cheap is the Schnell. It fits really well too. Really good for the price.

Seeing as you have a Tip and a Cab also you'll be more "prone" to any resonance than 6speed guys just because of where the revs sit when cruising on the freeway. My vote is with the Schnell or PSE if you want something even more quiet and pricey...

Also in terms of the muffler, do what you do based upon the sound that you like rather than for "HP". Honestly, I've rarely seen anything more than 8HP extra from a muffler-only upgrade. There's more HP to be had but from things like headers, cats, intake, flash etc... The muffler does make you sound fast tho

Last edited by sharkster; 03-29-2006 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-02-2006 | 06:26 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

800HP!??!... I guess I am in the wrong business....thanks for the info...I have been thinking about a Fabspeed, because everybody says it has the best sound....I kind of like very loud, but have to be mature about it.....so I guess Fabspeed it is going to be.

thanks sharkster
Old 04-02-2006 | 06:29 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
800HP!??!... I guess I am in the wrong business....thanks for the info...I have been thinking about a Fabspeed, because everybody says it has the best sound....I kind of like very loud, but have to be mature about it.....so I guess Fabspeed it is going to be.

thanks sharkster
No you are in the right business. You have to be prepaired to break, fix, break, fix, strenghthen and oh.. spend ALL your wifes money on a silly car Just kidding... but it is a lot of fun and I'm happy doing it.

Based on your requirements the Fabspeed is a good one to go with. let me know if you need one. I may have them still at the shop on Monday.
Old 04-03-2006 | 01:42 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

how much?
Old 04-03-2006 | 02:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

listen to alex, he's got the right stuff in his shop.
if you want the "dropped" look and dont care about perf, just cut the spring and go cheap.
why change springs? makes no sense.
if you want to drive.. then cross, pss9, jrz, moton, leda, ohlin... cough up the $3k. if you find bmw is costly, you will be in some rude awakening on porsches. a set of moton cs with heim joint drop link, camber plate and proper alignment with tires worthy of the suspension is $7k. and that's just a start!

Quick Reply: WTB: H&R springs or Eibach