Sponsored by:

I'm still looking for a 996 Aero..... :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:11 PM
monabaker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm still looking for a 996 Aero..... :(

So, I have been through the classifieds, craigslist, autotrader, vehix, cars.com, and there is virtually nothing in the way of 1999 or 2000 carrera 2's with aero kits.

Surely someone must know someone who might be considering selling what I am looking in exchange for a nice new 997 or even a 996 turbo.

Let me know!!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:18 PM
dallasboats
Pro

As stated before, how much will you pay??? I'm still interested in the turbos but haven't located a "must have". Then again, I've been thinking about 360's and keeping my car as an additional fun car.

First number is a 4, otherwise keep looking....................................................... Good luck though!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

same question -
Mine is FS for the right price (just short of the 4 number to start with)
I'm Firm on the price - but hey where else are you going to get Aero, M030, LSD, ABD, TC, & Full leather, etc.
http://www.lynchracing.com/For-Sale/996/996.htm
the PSS-9's are gone and the "or reasonable offer" means so close to the asking price i'll be reasonable (i've turned down a few close offers already)
I'm not motivated - i just like 964's better
Old 03-20-2006, 12:03 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Just curious.....why not ge the perfect 996 that meets ALL your requirements except for the aero and then have it added (genuine Porsche of course)???
Old 03-20-2006, 12:37 AM
dallasboats
Pro

Cupcar, your 996 is very pretty!

Monabaker, buy that car!!!! What's wrong with this one, it's got the suspension, low miles, and looks right. and I can keep my car........................ I don't really want to sell anyways.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dallasboats
It's a great car. I just am not running it on the track or really need too reliable of a car (my drive is 6 miles to work & the 356 does sunny day duty)
My plan was to race it, but... My daughter is 4.5 months old right now and i have projects piling up on the cup car.
- some adds to the ad - New tires (pirelli assemtrico's). Child seat air bag deactivator + Baby seat
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 AM
monabaker
Pro

That is indeed quite a nice car, and probably fairly priced at $39,500. I was really looking to spend like $35,000-$38,000, and even that would be a large stretch. Not to mention I would have to have that car shipped literally all the way across the country to me in Boston...
Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 AM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

I second Dell's recommendation...it will be a whole lot easier to find the car you want and then add the aerokit on afterwards...there are a bunch of places where you can find these OEM parts (new or used) and it won't be that much more if you pay for it seperately vs getting it on the car already.

My 2 cents....
Old 03-20-2006, 11:44 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Not to mention....how many of the "aero" 996's that you would find would acutally have had it ordered from the factory that way? You can get the Aero front and sides all day long from vendors and eBay (genuine Porsche poly pieces). The rear wing you might have to be a bit more patient.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:50 AM
villajoe
Advanced

There's a 2001 in Dupont Registry, seal grey in FL. Says "low miles". I think it was low $40's.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 PM
dallasboats
Pro

You probably need to be willing to pay more money for a car loaded with the performance adders that you previously mentioned. Factory aero parts or a factory aero car will still run you $5k more than average. You should be able to find a nice one for $38k-$43k, I would think. With the suspension and headers, exhaust, the red car sounds like a great deal! Get off the pot and go buy it! You'll end up spending more than that anyways once you start modding the car. The suspension was an easy $2k alone!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
996 Jammy
Instructor

I've seen plenty of 99-00 C2's in the 38k range in the tri-state area. Like Dell & others said, better off buying oem aero kit a la carte based on your personal taste. I opted for the aero front bumper and side skirts on my cab. Came out around $2k with paint and everything.

I think its harder to find cars with all the options you'd want in the color and condition you want, rather than the aero kit being the deal breaker.

Besides, when you do get one, you'll get bit by the mod bug and start wanting to spend like a **** anyway.

Rob, your car is crazy out the box, can't imagine why its still on the market!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:29 PM
monabaker
Pro

I think I am slightly intimadated by the whole process of doing the aerokit. It seems like there are so many choices, and features, and options, and there's no clear place that has all the information, or prices, or comparison photos. I've never owned a 996 before, so I don't know much about this whole aspect....I mean, I would find it easier to just buy a car with one, but clearly, if I could buy the right car at the right price without, and then add, that would be an option. I just dont know where, or how much, or time, or anything.....feelin kinda lost about the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
dallasboats
Pro

monabaker, it's no big deal, get what you want. As for aero kits costing $2k no way. That would be a partial aero and the single most expensive part is the adjustable taco wing. Many of these guys have bought aero front or aero sides and have pieced together what they like in terms of appearance. However, these are not full aero kits. If you really like the original Mk 1 GT3 aero style then you should search out a car with the kit in place. It will be easier and the finish will be correct and it will cost you less money. $38k can get you one, just be patient!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
996 Jammy
Instructor

dallas,
like i said in previous post, i just got oem front aero and side skirts, not complete kit. We got a good deal from Dayton last month.

Monabaker, yes, take your time to fishing for one you really want. do as much research as possible with plenty of searches on this forum as well as other resources. everyone on the board is very helpful and can always assist you on mods afterwards.

Quick Reply: I'm still looking for a 996 Aero..... :(