996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Have you seen this bodykit before?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:01 PM
jcalhoun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you seen this bodykit before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...16568577QQrdZ1
Old 03-01-2006, 10:09 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm. Never seen that before. Looks like a lip was added on to the front and rear bumpers. I am not a fan of that wing.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:33 PM
jeffc911
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

programmatore is that a Ruf front bumper cover you have? Anyone have more photos of that look out there? Do ya'll think that looks to "heavy". How low does that put the front spoiler from the ground with an ROW M030? Lot's of questions, huh.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like the "Buck-Toothed Squirrel" front bumper with the POS rear wing. Not 100% sure, though.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:05 AM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what it is, but I really dislike those fixed rear wings. I have yet to see one other than the OEM that comes on the TT that I like.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:58 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by jeffc911
programmatore is that a Ruf front bumper cover you have? Anyone have more photos of that look out there? Do ya'll think that looks to "heavy". How low does that put the front spoiler from the ground with an ROW M030? Lot's of questions, huh.
Yes. I have the RUF RGT front bumper and side skirts. I'll leave it to you to decide whether you like it -- I obviously like it otherwise I wouldn't have put it on my car. It is more aggressive than the OEM aerokit front bumper but not over the top like the TechArt and Gemballa kits (IMHO).

The RGT front bumper is quite a bit lower than the OEM aerokit bumper (probably comparable to the OEM aerokit bumper with the chin spoiler attached) and I do scrape on steep driveways/ramps if I am not careful. It barely clears those concrete bars at 7-Eleven parking lots. If you had the RoW M030 suspension (10mm lower front) then it will scrape those concrete bars.

Here are a couple more pics:

Old 03-03-2006, 12:25 AM
StanSoph
Racer

Originally Posted by programmatore
Yes. I have the RUF RGT front bumper and side skirts. I'll leave it to you to decide whether you like it -- I obviously like it otherwise I wouldn't have put it on my car. It is more aggressive than the OEM aerokit front bumper but not over the top like the TechArt and Gemballa kits (IMHO).

The RGT front bumper is quite a bit lower than the OEM aerokit bumper (probably comparable to the OEM aerokit bumper with the chin spoiler attached) and I do scrape on steep driveways/ramps if I am not careful. It barely clears those concrete bars at 7-Eleven parking lots. If you had the RoW M030 suspension (10mm lower front) then it will scrape those concrete bars.

Here are a couple more pics:

That body kit is Ugly.

Programmatore, would you have an alternate view of the yeelow car in the pic. I'd like a look at the wing. TIA
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 AM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by StanSoph
That body kit is Ugly.

Programmatore, would you have an alternate view of the yeelow car in the pic. I'd like a look at the wing. TIA
the pic programmatore or the pic jcalhoun showed? Cause the RUF kit is beautiful for 99-01 cars... I guess to each his own
Old 03-03-2006, 01:21 AM
StanSoph
Racer

The ebay pic. Sorry. If I squint; the wing could possibly be a taco or a GT-3 style. Just curious as it looks different for some reason.
John
Old 03-03-2006, 01:31 AM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

The ebay pic. Sorry. If I squint; the wing could possibly be a taco or a GT-3 style. Just curious as it looks different for some reason.
John
The wing on the yellow car programmatore posted is the RUF RGT wing. My favorite wing, but it is pricey (around $2500)
Old 03-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite wing wing is the RUF duck tail. Looks great on a 996. But not great enough at $4500.00
Old 03-03-2006, 08:05 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

That body kit is Ugly.

Originally Posted by evo_333
the pic programmatore or the pic jcalhoun showed? Cause the RUF kit is beautiful for 99-01 cars... I guess to each his own
John - Like evo_333, at first I thought you were talking about programmatore's car and then asked him for more shots of the yellow car. I thought "Man, John's got some brass ones! First he slams the guy's ride, then he ask for more pics."

BTW, in the future, don't sugar-coat it. Just come out and say exactly what you think. It's good to have you back!

Last edited by gota911; 03-03-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:40 AM
programmatore
Drifting

John
LOL! You had me going there! I had the same reaction that Tim had... "he just called my car ugly and then asked for more pictures!" It's all good.

Like the others said, the wing is the RUF RGT wing. I like it a lot but unfortunately it is too tall and will interfere with the cab top mechanism without modifications so I skipped it. I could've had the posts cut down an inch and a half to clear the cab top but I was afraid it wouldn't look right after that.

Here are a few more pictures:

Note the scoops on the decklid in the first picture above. Very nice!

Cheers,

-Gary
Old 03-04-2006, 12:07 AM
StanSoph
Racer

Thanks for the pictures. That is definitely the nicest, blended wing I have seen on a 996 in a loooooong time. I have been away from the board for a while, so I have to get reaquainted with all that is Porsche. Programmtore, your car is a beaut the shine is out of this world. I think I commented before that it almost looks artificial. I will have to read through the thread again to see how you guys thought I slammed the poor guys ride. I said yellow and taco, hmmmmm.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:03 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by Eli K
My favorite wing wing is the RUF duck tail. Looks great on a 996. But not great enough at $4500.00
Here are pics of the RUF duck tail (for the 2003 RUF RGT) that Eli is talking about:

Quick Reply: Have you seen this bodykit before?