996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

LOOK OUT, Walter's Porsche, Riverside, CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:44 PM
JTSPO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, sorry to burst your bubble. I am a long time padadenian. the service at rusnak really went down the crapper too. they only have two service advisors there, they don't answer phone calls period! no matter if you have an appointment in advance. you wait in the porsche line in the freaking morning 7:30 because the fellow porsche owners know appointments mean nothing there. Is Mike and Tony still the service ad? If they are getting better in last two years, I would re-consider going back after Walter's in riverside damaged my 996.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:05 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

OK, thanks for the update. Any chance Rusnak in Westlake is any better? I guess I'll have to try McKenna.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:56 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I'm not familiar with any of those dealers except McKenna Porsche via their racing team. I would go to them for that reason alone. the rest of them sound like a bunch of A holes.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:03 PM
tinymcoupe
Intermediate

I have the same thoughts with socal dealers. I live near newport and a stretch to circle and being new to the area, i dont know where to go.

My bmw gets attention at Trinity which takes care of me but the pcar i am at odds where to take it.

I am looking to purchase a cayman in coming months and people are telling me to go to Stevens Creek in Norcal!

Thats a bit of hike but to get service and right car that is what I will be doing soon.

---------------------
2000 m coupe - track rat
2001 c2 aero - garage queen
2003 z4 - for sunny days
06 cayman - in coming!
05 tacoma supercharged - tow rat
Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 AM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my car back from McKenna.....I like these guys...I got there after hours...my fault, they found the car, got me taken care of and then I drove a 997 and talked their ears off about the 997 Turbo and 997 GT3....NO PRESSURE to buy a car, they were happy to give me a drive...Actually had to go to their storage lot to get a C4 coupe for me to drive....
Old 03-02-2006, 02:35 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

LiveNupe - you should consider Downtown L.A. for service, where I've been going for 13 years. Super head mechanic (one of the best in the country), and tend to be a little more reasonable on prices than some dealers. First choice for service advisor would be Valentin. [I know everyone so well, including the Service GM, that I'm sure I get better than normal treatment.]

I think we would all like to think that a Porsche dealer should be at a higher standard, but at least in SoCal I think a lot of dealers are no better than any low end car dealer. Sales people usually full of crap, hovering around sizing people up, totally hostile business trying to fleece every customer, etc., etc. Obviously there are exceptions and a sincere, good salesperson you develop a rappoire with can actually be your friend while he in turn is negotiating for you with the Sale Manager (but you have to be on your toes too). I HATE the all too frequent arrogant, asshat dealers that play games as though you had an IQ of 9, and will never patronize them or ever go back.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

some car sales ppl are there as part timers, in b/n jobs. the real career sales ppl know their stuff and treats customers well (like career waiters, they actually get paid very very well).

15 years ago i was 20 yrs old in college. went to a dealership to drool at porsches. the sales guy told me, i am busy right now (weekend) but if you come back on a weekday, we can go out and test drive a few cars. it's clear to anyone that i was not able to afford anything on the lot. but i returned on a weekday later and he took me driving 4 different porsche knowing well that i wasn't ready to buy a thing. we chatted and parted ways. i remembered this sales person forever. from 2002 to 2006 i bouth over 10 porsches from him and brought friends to him and made at least 40 sales for him. all he ever did for me was those 4 test drives!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:22 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
some car sales ppl are there as part timers, in b/n jobs. the real career sales ppl know their stuff and treats customers well (like career waiters, they actually get paid very very well).

15 years ago i was 20 yrs old in college. went to a dealership to drool at porsches. the sales guy told me, i am busy right now (weekend) but if you come back on a weekday, we can go out and test drive a few cars. it's clear to anyone that i was not able to afford anything on the lot. but i returned on a weekday later and he took me driving 4 different porsche knowing well that i wasn't ready to buy a thing. we chatted and parted ways. i remembered this sales person forever. from 2002 to 2006 i bouth over 10 porsches from him and brought friends to him and made at least 40 sales for him. all he ever did for me was those 4 test drives!
mooty - So YOU were the kid on bicycle in the Porsche commercial. Now we know how the story ends!

Seriously, that is a great story about treating people with respect and laying the foundation for a long term relationshop.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
JTSPO
Intermediate

Default Latest On Walter's, Riverside, CA

My letter to the owner send out today:

Mr. Walter Kienle
C/o Mr. Larry Lewis
Walter’s Auto Sales & Services, Inc.
3210 Adams/Auto Center Drive
Riverside, CA 92504

Dear Mr. Kienle:

I recently encounter difficulty in resolving an issue regarding the quality of a repair to a damage that was caused by negligence while under the care of your Service Department.

In a nutshell, My 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera had paint damage upon my retrieval of the vehicle on January 30, 2006. It was subsequently repaired by your in-house/contract body shop. On February 2, 2006, I brought my vehicle to Marco’s Auto Body in South Pasadena for an inspection and I was told the repair was not of good quality and will likely lower the value of my vehicle.

I went to two other local reputable body shops for additional opinions and the opinion are echoing Marco’s view.

I have been in talk with Mr. Lewis in trying to resolve this for a month now. I even drove the vehicle, upon Mr. Lewis’ insistence, to your business a second time so he can inspect it on February 27, 2006 to accommodate his schedule. I was disappointed by his assertion that based on his staff’s input, the repair was adequate and there is nothing he will offer me to rectify this damage despite the professional opinion of three different body shops.

I am appealing to your good judgement and commitment to customers in resolving this matter. It was clearly demonstrated that the quality of the repair by your contractor is substandard and that issue shall be dealt with internally with the contractor and not borne by the customer. A highline vehicle dealership bearing your name should have the ability and commitment to conduct quality assurance and achieve high level of customer service. I would also like to discuss with you the situation where a new clutch was put on my vehicle while I went it for a different purpose if you so incline.

I appreciate your time and attention,
Old 03-02-2006, 06:31 PM
JTSPO
Intermediate

Just ot a call from Mr. Steve Kienle, THE MAN, and he told me flat out they will not repair it.

I guess the Trailer Park empire people are not big on making good on what they preach.

How much is small claim court filing fee? This is going to be good....
Old 03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
4s
Instructor

tinymcoupe- I would stay away from both Newport Auto and Circle. They are both awful. Try McKenna, Hoen (which is a little drive) or maybe Pacific.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard good things about McKenna and I've had good experiences at Rusnak, Downtown LA and the Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills (I'm only talking about service, not sales). I bought my car at Pacific, and although it wasn't a brutal experience, it could have been a lot better.

Thanks for the heads-up on Walter's and sorry to hear about your experience.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:45 PM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys really should try Rusnak in Pasadena (if you like being told that the parts for your car are in stock, but you wait a week for your car, and you drive back and forth on the 134 freeway to take your car back to the shop because it wasn't fixed correctly the first time, and you wait a few more days, and...........)
Old 03-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rusnak (Pasadena) has actually been very good to me and gone above and beyond the call of duty on several occasions.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

I hope you wrote "if you're so inclined" as opposed to "if you so incline" - otherwise a good letter!

Quick Reply: LOOK OUT, Walter's Porsche, Riverside, CA