996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Help lost my only set of keys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 AM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think I'm going to put my 2nd key in a safety deposit box.

This sounds like another greek tragedy!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by CBR786
after talking to a dealer who not sure new what he was on about said because the keys have all been lost and their is no valid key to disarm the alarm module then the alarm module is no good it will never communicate with any porsche tester because you are trying to communicate with it with a alien key. The alternative is if you lose all keys you have to do the following

1) buy spare key blade cut to the vin of your car
2) buy a remote button fob with the pill chip inside it & 24 digit bar code
3) you need to get hold of Ipas codes for your car
4) you need a PST2 or PIWIS tester to program key in
5) you need to buy a new virgin alarm module which is under the passenger seat

after all this work only then you can start the car ??? seems a lot of hassle especially the fact you need to change the alarm module with the alarm sounding of non stop and the fact you cannot open the bonnet or passenger door because the central locking deadlocks everything.

so you need to undo the seat bolts working from the drivers side ?

surely must be a easier way ?>
There might be an easier way but I don't know it.

Send a PM to Loren and ask him. From reading his posts and from posts from others he seems to be very knowledgeable about the PST2 and its operation. If anyone on here should know I would think it Loren.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:27 PM
CBR786
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOREN

i WAS hoping he would chime in as I am aware he is active on the forum and does read most threads.

I cannot believe the hassle it involves what I need is some one out their in the Porsche world to take the pill out of their own key and leave it blank and arm the car alarm try gaining access via key through door lock set off alarm and try to talk to alarm module via a PST2 & see if they are able to do so >?

then I know its not just me lol porsche must have an alternative method because the hassle it involves in trying to change the perfectly good alarm module.
is crazy .

but then again I do know that to make the car start the alarm module the key and the ecu have to be in sync for this to happen and if you introduce a strange key that has not been programmed it will lock you out .
Old 05-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Macster
Race Director

macster

thanks for the reply but where do you input this pass word ? I assume all the numbers on the Ipas codes will do it I provided so much info to the OPC paper work etc . I.D and so on ..

The Ipas codes consist of the following info

product Nr 1234567

Anterncode/Learning code 12CC66

DME PROGRAMMING CODE 55CBD0

remote control 1 4087EAE7
remote control 2 43341E67

radio code

ignition lock alarm system code 312665

Immobiliser serial number 34123456

radio serial number
Transponder code 1 7335cc88
transponder code 2 676887ggbb
transponder code 3 77676tgy7788

immobiliser code 50C777456788ABC

The numbers have all been made up as I dont really want to post info relating to my car on the web lol just being over cautious i guess. I am sure porsche should have made allowances for the situation I am in. I mean what do they do when they repo cars with no keys ? or other customers like me who have lost their only one key.

I thought once I had the Ipas codes and PST2 tester I was home and dry however with out the alarm module being picked up in the scan i cannot go to the section where you need to input key learning code in >?

The PST2 picks up all the other modules with the alarm going off just wont pick up the alarm module ?

I need the alarm module to be picked up so I can enter it to change settings
May have answer to your question.

Here's what I found. I have no idea if it works or not cause I do not have a PST2 to try this with.

Anyhow,

1) Assemble the vehicle key blade to the new hand-held transmitter and insert key into the ignition.

2) Connect PST2 and switch on ignition.

3) Select Alarm System from the menu and press the double arrow [>>] key.

4) Select Learning function from the menu and press the double arrow [>>] key.

5) Select menu item Transponder key and press the double arrow [>>] key.

The following message apears on the screen: "Input key learning code".

6) With the arrow keys input the key learning code adn press the double arrow [>>] key.

[The learning code is probably the code you got from the dealer for your car.]

The following message appears on the screen: "Please confirm input".

7) Check the input is correct and press the F7 key to confirm the input.

8) Distinquish between the loss and fault and additional hand-held transmitter for the transponder.

a) Teaching an addtional hand-held transmitter: With the arrow key, select a free position (1 2, 3, or 4) and press the F8 key.

Now the transponder code is saved in the selected position. Note the position of the new transponder code.

b) Teaching in the case of a lost or faultly hand-held transmitter: It is important to identify the and delete the transponder code of the lost hand-held transmitter as described in step 8 b). Also, in this case it is first necessary to identify and delete the stored transponder code of the lost hand-held transmitter.

The remaining vehicle keys are required for this purpose: One after the other inset the keys into the ignition lock, switch the ignition on and establish communication with the control module. Current transponder shows the transponder code of the vehicle key that is presently inserted in the ignition lock. Compare this transponder coee with the transponder codes at position 1 to 4.

This comparison allows the position of the lost hand-held transmitter (transponder code) to be identified, as one transponder code is ultimately left over at positions 1 to 4. Insert the vehicle key equipped with the new hand-held transmitter into the ignition lock and siwtch on the ignition. Establish communication between the PST2 and the control module. Select the identified position using the arrow keys and delete the transponder code with the F3 key. Then press the F8 key.

9) Press the double arrow [<<] key [Note the direction!], select the menu item Remote control and press the double arrow [>>] key [Note the direction!].

"Input key learning code" appears on the screen.

10) With the arrow keys input the key learning code and press the double arrow [>>] key. The following message appears on the screen: "Please confirm input".

11) Check input and press the F7 key to confirm the input.

12) Distinquish between loss and fault and additional hand-held transmitter for the radio code.

a) Teaching an additional hand-held transmitter: Select the position (1 to 4) as for the transponder key and press the F8 key.

b) Teaching in the case of a lost or faulty hand-held transmitter:

13) In this case it is first necessary to identify and delete the stored "radio code" of the lost hand-held transmitter. The remaining hand-held transmitters are required for this purpose.

Press the locking button on the hand-held transmitter and then insert the key into the ignition lock and switch on the ignition adn re-establish communication with the control module.

Current radio key shows the "radio code" of the vehicle key that is presently inserted in the ignition lock. Compare this radio code with the radio codes at positions 1 to 4.

This comparison allows the position of the lost hand-held transmitter (radio code) to be identified as one "radio code" is ultimately left over at positions 1 to 4.

Insert the vehicle key equipped with the new hand-held transmitter into the ignition lock and switch on the ignition.

Establish communcation with the control module.

Select the identified position using the arrow keys and delete the radio code with the F3 key.

Then press the F8 key.

14) Carefully input the 24 digit code number with teh arrow keys and press the double arrow key [>>].

The following message appears on the screen: "Please confirm input".

15) Check input and press the F7 key.

Now the hand-held transmitter is taught.

16) Go back to the menu item Learning function, remove the key and switch on the ignition again. Once the key has been removed again the hand-held transmitter is ready for use.

17) Check the hand-held transmitter for operation.

Whew! I'm going to lock my keys in a safety deposit box!

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:35 PM
CBR786
Pro

HI Macster,

wow thanks for taking the time to write up such a essay. Unfortunately I already know this information my problem is due to the key not being recognized by the car it triggers alarm off ! This is where all my troubles start because once alarm is sounding even if you disconnect the siren the indicators are still flashing meaning the alarm is going off. If the alarm is going off the PST2 tester will not allow you access to the alarm module you can access all the other modules except the alarm module. I have the IPAS codes and have programmed spare keys for my mates a few times. I know the procedure well however the alarm going off does not even pick up the alarm module like it is not present in the car? abit like you are trying to locate a tiptronic ecu in a manual car the PST2 will not highlight the tip ecu because it knows you are in a manual shift. This is what happens to me the alarm module does not appear. I have been told the only way is buying a virgin alarm module and coding that to the car will allow me to code a new key. If I had a spare key to work from then Macster's procedure would work.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Macster
Race Director

HI Macster,

wow thanks for taking the time to write up such a essay. Unfortunately I already know this information my problem is due to the key not being recognized by the car it triggers alarm off ! This is where all my troubles start because once alarm is sounding even if you disconnect the siren the indicators are still flashing meaning the alarm is going off. If the alarm is going off the PST2 tester will not allow you access to the alarm module you can access all the other modules except the alarm module. I have the IPAS codes and have programmed spare keys for my mates a few times. I know the procedure well however the alarm going off does not even pick up the alarm module like it is not present in the car? abit like you are trying to locate a tiptronic ecu in a manual car the PST2 will not highlight the tip ecu because it knows you are in a manual shift. This is what happens to me the alarm module does not appear. I have been told the only way is buying a virgin alarm module and coding that to the car will allow me to code a new key. If I had a spare key to work from then Macster's procedure would work.
You're welcome.

Well, you may be stuck/faced with buying a virgin alarm module. Before I did that I might be inclined to buy a half an hour's "time" (or even an hour's time) at a good dealer's service department and see if there's any way to do what you want to do without havig to buy the module.

IOWs, speak to the service manager and see if you can arrange for a half an hour or hour's time with a mechanic to ask him if he knows, or can submit a request to the factory through his dealer's communication channel to the factory, if there is a work around to your situation.

I'd throw $100 to $150 at the problem by doing this before I threw who knows how much more money at a new alarm module.

'course the risk is there is no other way and you're out the $100/$150 on top of the alarm module.

Not sure what I'd do.

There's another course you can take: Keep asking until you ask the right person who can definitely say one way or another.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Macster
Race Director

HI Macster,

Well, I spoke to a Porsche tech today about this and I think you're out of luck.

He says without at least one working recognized key the security alarm module can't be accessed to introduce new keys and remove lost/non-functional keys.

This makes sense, otherwise someone with a PST2 and a key that fits the door lock and ignition could simply walk up open the door and introduce the new key to the security module and drive off. Sure there's the alarm noise.

Or grab the car onto a flat bed and haul it off to some handy garage and do the deed.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
CBR786
Pro

Sorted it new virgin alarm module £220 from OPC ( time taken to change alarm module from stop watch 2 minutes exactly so will not deter a crook. I think porsche go over board with some security I mean getting the IPAS codes is a feat in itself here in UK it is not easily obtainable. secondly PST2 is not owned by every porsche owner so it is quite hard also cutting key from factory in germany to vin number requires so much I.D that it is impossible for any tom dick or harry to get keys cut.

any way rant over car is up and running which is the main thing
Thanks for everyone who helped especially MACSTER
Old 04-11-2016, 03:46 PM
CBR786
Pro

OLD THREAD REVIVED BECAUSE IN 2010 I HAD THIS PROBLEM AND BY FIXING IT I BECAME MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT PORSCHE ALARM SYSTEMS
Old 04-11-2016, 04:49 PM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Based on the thread it took you five months to get your new keys and be able to drive the car. Can that be true? Somehow taking the car to the dealer, even flatbedding it there, seems like a more efficient use of your time and money. You should have been back on the road in 4 days (at most) and not five months.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:06 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

OLD THREAD REVIVED BECAUSE IN 2010 I HAD THIS PROBLEM AND BY FIXING IT I BECAME MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT PORSCHE ALARM SYSTEMS
I can do this with out blowing my own trumpet
Really dude? LOL.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:39 PM
CBR786
Pro

It all was done in may 2010 five months???

yes I recall saying I too was IGNORANT ONCE UPON A TIME !

NOW I TRY NOT TO QUOTE BS ONLY QUOTE FACT!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:09 PM
911 carrera blue
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is better to upgrade your key by an aftermarket shop and get the one piece key (single row) and at the ignition switch get a small hose to get the key lubricated with WD-40, at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlistedtrtfytj

Quick Reply: Help lost my only set of keys!!!