Sponsored by:

MP3 Player/C220

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 05:51 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MP3 Player/C220

I've done a search on MP3 players connected to the 220 Radio and have come up with nothing. All I see are posts in regard to IPOD's. I'm not interested in an IPOD so I'm wondering is there a company that sells adapters that connect to a typical MP3 Player, basically I just want a Aux input adaptor.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

An iPod is an MP3 player manufactured by Apple. All MP3 players are essentially the same thing, except there are better integration options available for the Apple products.

Just plug the line-out or headphone output from your MP3 player into the Aux-in port of the radio, and everything would work just fine. You will need to purchase the same wiring adapter from Becker that you would get for an ipod to make this work with your radio.

- Audio/telephone cable kit - p/n 1319.116-276 - $16.00

The cable is available from Becker of North America 201-327-3434.

To power your MP3 player there are many universal cigarette lighter adapters available.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:24 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Great, I couldn't really tell that the IPOD users were using the same ole adapter since the pics I've seen on this board had all of the IPODs on some sort of integrated looking mounting bracket. I thought the mounting bracket was integrated with the adaptor.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Orient Express
An iPod is an MP3 player manufactured by Apple. All MP3 players are essentially the same thing, except there are better integration options available for the Apple products.

Just plug the line-out or headphone output from your MP3 player into the Aux-in port of the radio, and everything would work just fine. You will need to purchase the same wiring adapter from Becker that you would get for an ipod to make this work with your radio.

To power your MP3 player there are many universal cigarette lighter adapters available.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:07 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the Becker AUX_IN set up. It works great. One thing to remember, after you wire the car, don't forget to read the instruction sheet that comes with the AUX cable and activate the AUX source on the CDR220. It sounds cleaner than anything that is FM modulated. You'll love it. Oh yeah, you can't use the CD changer and the MP3 player unless you get a splitter. Frankly, I am thinking about getting a splitter anyhow for sat radio. Feel free to contact me if you need more detail;s.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:33 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the AUX-IN setup plugs into the CD changer slot?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes. The connector for the CD charger is actually composed of 3 smaller connectors that are ganged together. The first one is the audio input and is replaced by the Becker Aux-in connector, the middle connector is for the CD changer transport logic, and is left unplugged, and the 3rd one provides power for the Bose Amp. It is plugged back in.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:43 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Ordered! Thanks, total cost $24 shipped, now hopefully my Girlfriend gets the MP3 player for me for Xmas.. It should be here by Thursday.

Originally Posted by Orient Express

Old 12-19-2005, 10:43 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

You will not be disappointed. It is awesome. What's really awesome, though, is that newer model 996s (using the MOST system) can't use the AUX-IN cable and are required to use an FM modulator. At least there's one benefit to driving an older car.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:12 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

My part has arrived.. Comes with radio removat tools as well, this is going to be the "bestest" Xmas I ever had..LOL!!

Originally Posted by nycebo
You will not be disappointed. It is awesome. What's really awesome, though, is that newer model 996s (using the MOST system) can't use the AUX-IN cable and are required to use an FM modulator. At least there's one benefit to driving an older car.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:53 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you guys install by yourself? If not, nycebo, where did you install it (in NY)
?
Old 12-26-2005, 12:41 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

I just installed my MP3 player. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes if you make no mistakes. I love it. I'm waiting on the paint to dry on the Monster cable, I used the Porsche touch up paint on the white tip of the adaptor.

Originally Posted by evo_333
Did you guys install by yourself? If not, nycebo, where did you install it (in NY)
?
Old 12-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi, I stumbled onto this on Ebay. I have the newer radio=cdr23. Any updates?? There are a few unused connectors on the back of the radio?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:59 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by evo_333
?
I had it done by Pepe Porsche since they were already swapping out my old radio because of peeling buttons. It's very very easy though and you could surely do it yourself (all you have to do it pull out the radio using the provided radio removal keys and connect the Becker cable). The only part of the process that might be a hassle is wiring the cable to the ashtray (where I wanted my Mp3 player to sit and could close the ashtray cover when not in use to hide the wire). Removing the center console seems like it could be tedious though instructions for installing the SSK could be used to remove the console and pull the wire through. If you want the detailed instructions, let me know and I'll write them up for you step by step if you should so decide.

It's worth mentioning that this (Becker AUX-In cable) is also the only way to hook up satellite radio. You can simply connect the interface to the satellite or mp3 as needed....or use a Y splitter as you like.

Quick Reply: MP3 Player/C220