Sponsored by:

clutch pedal squeaks???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Ryan996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal squeaks???

The obvious solution would be to grease it but I because I'm a new paranoid porche owner I just thought I'd see what everyone else thought

Ryan King
www.webuyvegas123.com
Old 11-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

I hit my clutch pedal squeak with some spray Wurth grease. Did the trick for me now for the last 6 months.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Where do you buy Wurth grease?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 11:20 PM
agio
Racer

I had a 2001 BoxsterS and its clutch would squeak (& sometimes actually stick to the floor). For the squeak, I also had it greased...not sure which grease was used, but it helped for awhile...very annoying.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:54 PM
trozenhorse
Racer

well you guys are lucky than...i had the same thing, brought it to the dealer, key is to determine the squeek is coming from the inside of the car andnot actually from the clutch engaging, first mine came from the inside so the spray lubricant was fine, than noticed it was acutally coming from the clutch, took it in, it was the fly wheel, changed the fly wheel, squeek disappeared for about a week...than came back, they had to change the complete and fly wheel.....my brother in law has the same car.....he just needed the fly wheel, spoke to the head mechanic at the dealership, told me it has been a common problem with the squeek and usually if it is not from the inside pedal area the fly wheel needs to be changed....good luck!! Ted
Old 11-20-2005, 04:27 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Could also be either master or slave clutch cylinder!

Ciao,

Johannes E.

GT3CS
Old 11-20-2005, 07:41 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's from the spring on the clutch that is inside a tube that is supposed to have grease in it. Bring it to the dealer and if they like you they do it for free in 10 min.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 AM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a very, very, very, very, very common problem on the 996. Did I mention this is a common problem?

DO NOT use spray lubricant to fix the issue, use grease. While it may seem to fix the issue, in fact it makes it worse in the long run. Spray lubricant will disolve off the existing grease and run off very quickly from where it's needed. Then if you try and put grease on it the next time, the grease wont' stick because the spray lubricant will have adhered to the parts and the grease will simply slide off. The only way to fix this is to clean everything with soap and water and let it dry completely, then put grease back on it again.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:53 PM
trozenhorse
Racer

the dealers have special spray lubricant/grease, it is not wd40 or anything like that, nowadays they offer all different types of lubricants in a spray format, check out home depot for home needs, many options, got the best spray grease for garage door as well as before white grease only came in a tub format and very messy to use....good luck
Old 11-22-2005, 08:54 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trozenhorse
well you guys are lucky than...i had the same thing, brought it to the dealer, key is to determine the squeek is coming from the inside of the car andnot actually from the clutch engaging, first mine came from the inside so the spray lubricant was fine, than noticed it was acutally coming from the clutch, took it in, it was the fly wheel, changed the fly wheel, squeek disappeared for about a week...than came back, they had to change the complete and fly wheel.....my brother in law has the same car.....he just needed the fly wheel, spoke to the head mechanic at the dealership, told me it has been a common problem with the squeek and usually if it is not from the inside pedal area the fly wheel needs to be changed....good luck!! Ted

same thing happend to me but i have OPC warranty....so they did replace everthing under warranty...

new clutch kit free of charge...

but after 2 months again i have the same prob....

they did not refuse to do it again but they told that a technical bulletin came out forcing opc not to replace the kit but to do what trozenhorse suggested.....

Quick Reply: clutch pedal squeaks???