Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Gota911, that was very funny!

Old 10-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UNC Nick
Pete- there are 2 splitters for the fron that are available from Getty. The one that I posted gives a "GT3" look. The other is the Folded Splitter below... Are you sure that the one that looked so good with Aero II was the first?

its the one you posted.... its a lot sharper than the plain splitter and because of the edges on this one would make a perfect match with the AERO II skirts... don't worry about the rear bumper... it still looks good with the AERO II skirts... the diff is night and day IMO.

now what would look wierd is just the AERO II *without* the front splitter... that looks a little funny... that splitter is a must with AERO II.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is the best price you have found on the splitter and 2 AERO II side skirts?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:44 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by munro86
Stop the fight, he's had enough!!
yeah seriously, bob has it rough over here.. I'm surprised he's even hanging around here

Last edited by evo_333; 10-28-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:49 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

here's the rest of the pic.. only the porsche is infront of the dumpster... i figured it was only proper considering how i've felt at times where it belonged after the $47,000 in repair bills.. <g>

disclaimer: i am simply indicating this statement about my "porsche" if i didn't think porsches were nice cars, i wouldn't still have it.. (running away now)
Old 10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Bob, why is it that you can never stop reminding the board about the alleged $47K in bills? As well, why is it that you can afford $47K in bills and nothing on a camera? Never seen a quality pic from you.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

LV,

someone commented on why the porsche was parked outside of a dumpster, and i made a comment on why it was parked there... if you spent that much on a car in repair bills, you wouldn't exactly be too thrilled with the vehicle either i'd think.. and it's not alleged.. remember i did post the receipts? ..regardless.. i hope these pictures satisfy you (yes i know my bumper is screwed up on the left hand side and missing the sidemarker.. having a low car downtown isn't always the smartest idea <g> currently being fixed)

and maybe i can't take a good picture of the porsche.. but i think i took an OK picture of the benz.. regardless, i didn't get these cars by beng a photographer.. which is pretty apparent.. <g> i've taken about 10 pictures in the past 10 years..

btw: the homeless people in the pictures weren't models of course they decided to sit down and watch me take pictures infront of my attempt at an "industrial" backdrop photoshoot attempt.. having a substational amount of money in my wallet at the time didn't exactly put me at ease for wanting to stick around too long and "why" i moved the porsche infront of the dumpster.. as it was the only empty place left to get a decent picture of all three vehicles..

happy now? i don't know why i had to explain myself... it was one picture.. didn't realize some people can be so **** about a backdrop or the quality of a picture.. anyways, i'm not gonna hijack this guy's post any longer about this subject... we're all porsche owners, and we own them for a reason.. i really don't see the need to criticize other people and or their vehicles publicly.. anyways, i'm off to dinner.. enjoy the night all :>

Last edited by bobporsche996; 10-28-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:04 AM
UNC Nick
Instructor

OK, so now I'm really confused... After taking a closer look at the splitter and considering some of the advice in this tread, I started looking more closely at the side skirts. I thought before that there on Aero I and Aero II OEM choices. But, in my searching, it looks like there may also be a GT3 version??? Is this the case? I'm more lost now than I think I ever was on the topic of skirts. Really don't want to make the wrong choice and regret it every time I look at the car. Obviously, there are quite a few people with the Aero I skirts on '99-'01 cars, but how about the others? Anyone got good pics? I've searched, but haven't found a lot of good examples.

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2005, 01:08 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

GT3 MkI skirts are referred to as Aero I but that GT3 never made it to the states but the 99-01 cars had them as part of the Aero kit. The GT3 that we did get (facelifted 02+) has the side skirts standard (Aero II) that have the hard edge. Hope that helps. The rounded ones you seen on "Bob's" car in the post before yours are the Aero I skrits.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:57 AM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Just a little advice Nick the front fiberglass spoiler you would buy from Getty would cost you $400 and you still will have a aftermarket spoiler. For about $500 more you can find a OE Aero bumper cover from Departstop. He usually advertises on Ebay. IMO its worth it because an OE bumper may add some resale value to the car.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:44 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Bob - First and foremost, I was just "yanking your chain" a little with the dumpster comment. I was not trying to be mean or negatively critical. There was absolutely no malice intended in my comment. If you took it that way, I apologize. I was just trying to be funny.

The reason I wanted to see a clearer pic of your car is because I like the Aero I skirts. I really like the more rounded profile of them compared to the "knife edge" of the Aero II skirts. I have seen a lot of Aero I pics on darker colored P-cars, but the curves and form of the Aero I skirts don't show up well on the darker colored cars. Your car is one of the few white P-cars that I have seen with Aero I skirts, which is why I wanted to see some other pics. I have an '04 and understand that the Aero II skirts "knife edge" is an extension of the front bumper "knife edge" and, therefore, would normally be the logical choice in skirts. However, I will probably install the Aero I skirts... just because I like them better.

Thanks for posting the other pics. The Benz looks great, as does the P-car. What kind of wheels do you have on the P-car? Are they polished or chrome? Do you have a close up pic of them that you could post? Thanks!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:04 AM
UNC Nick
Instructor

Jetskied- I may look into that. Thought it would set me back quite a bit more than that so I never really put much thought into it.

Tim- I'll show you the wheels in person sometime if you like. I'm in SE Charlotte. Bob's pics swayed me to them a few weeks ago and I'm extremely happy with them on my artic cab.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Bob - How about a pic of you car when it is NOT in front of a couple of trash dumpsters!
At least it's not on fire.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:39 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

gota,

no problem.. i wasn't really responding negatively to your post. more or less to lv's post.. i can understand the point of taking a picture infront of a dumpster really isn't exactly the most beautiful setting.. <g>.. but if you went through what i went through with my car, you wouldn't tihnk too highly of it either to make such a comment.. nothing against porsches, mine has just pissed me off to no end.. but now that i've replaced almost everything in the car multiple times.. <g> it's running fine for now.. and yes, as riad says, atleast it isn't on fire anymore.. but i still carry around the fire extinguisher inside just in case :>

Quick Reply: Front Lip Addition?