Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Do you ever get discourage from driving a nice car ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Paradiso
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Canada and cannot wait for snow. I have a 2004 C4S Cab and I bought a separate set of tires and rims for winter. Everytime it snows I try to be the first out on the unplowed streets. It is a total blast. These cars are indestructible, and should be enjoyed as such.

OK, maybe not indestructible. A month into my ownership, somebody rear ended me at a stoplight. $15K CDN damage. A few months ago, a client of mine backed into my front end with her X5. $14K of damage. Other than the nuisance of having to get the car repaired, the way I see it I got new front and back body armour as well as some new bits underneath.

I try to avoid dings, park in safe spots, etc. But I try to drive in, on the road and the track, the way it was designed to be driven. When people ask me if I am crazy to drive in the winter, I tell them my C4S is a tank; the world's fastest snowmobile.

I have a Nissan X Trail that I drive only if the snow is so deep that my C4S would be beached. Or if I have to cart seven boxes of diapers home from the store.

Just...love...this...car.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 AM
42empress
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought mine with 14000 miles last october 26. Today have 40500 miles on it. Snows in the winter and ski rack on top. BTW My rears are slicks. Trying to make it another month or so before the snows come on

Quick Reply: Do you ever get discourage from driving a nice car ?