996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Annoying seat belt "PING" - help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 10:17 AM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea us here as well, and in fact its been a law since the late 70's...I respect and understand what your saying, but going 60 MPH in a 50 MPH zone is also breaking the law...Should we not speed even if its just a little. I know seatbelts save lives, an I agree you are a fool for not wearing one, I am not condoning not wearing a seatbelt, I just feel it should ones choice... That is my point

Now If anyone wants to know what wire to cut to stop the pinging just email me.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:25 PM
RLandis
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scholz996
we will all get together, pool some cash and buy a trophy for you that says - "RLandis - person voted as most unlikely to never break a rule" then you can put that trophy on your bookshelf and tell the story of how you became the recipient of such an honor.
Why don't you save the money for the trophy, buy a branding iron that says A-HOLE, and apply it to your face, you freaking moron!!!!!!

That's 2 people who've been on this forum without having trouble, and have made a lot of friends here, and you've managed to act like a PRI_K to both of them.

I wish you had taken Dell's advice, and crawled back under the rock you came from.

Screw you!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by RLandis
Why don't you save the money for the trophy, buy a branding iron that says A-HOLE, and apply it to your face, you freaking moron!!!!!!

That's 2 people who've been on this forum without having trouble, and have made a lot of friends here, and you've managed to act like a PRI_K to both of them.

I wish you had taken Dell's advice, and crawled back under the rock you came from.

Screw you!!!!!!!
Wow, maybe your seatbelt is a little too tight.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:34 PM
RLandis
Racer

No, I don't think so Patrick....I've been on this forum since February, and have had no harsh words until this guy, who has managed to insult 2 people on a single thread with his rudeness and arrogance.... I didn't think that kind of behavior took place on Rennlist, but if you read this whole thread, you'll see what I mean.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:37 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Enough guys, let's just all agree to disagree and move on. Everybody has the right to do stupid things (smoke, no seatbelts, drink heavily, etc., etc, etc,). Yes the ping is annoying, yes it is there to save lives, and yes it is INSANELY STUPID to not wear a seat belt. But this is just getting out of hand.

Please let's just all move on.

Can't imagine how peaceful this thread would have been had it started with something like "I would like to track my car and disable to ping when I use a harness....any suggestions?"
Old 08-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

Oh relax. Am I the only porsche driver with a sense of humor anymore!! That was called a joke - a funny - a sentence, phrase, story or situation describing or depicting something humorous!!! I just think its funny that you think you have to remind grown men to wear their seatbelts - HOLLY GOD COMPLEX. You clearly blew the point of this whole thread - is was not for seatbelt wearing advice it was to find out if anyone can get rid of that damn PING PING PING PING PING PING.

Now I need more money for that trophy so I can also engrave DRAMA KING unless you prefer QUEEN - but thats a whole other ball game.

Just admit you were wrong - you misread the posts - and apologize for trying to give us advice as if we were your school children and we will all forgive you.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

Jeeze, guys, you have no idea how to flame. Go spend some time in the OT forum reading political threads, and see if you can pick up some technique.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

first off there is some of this thread the moderator took off - I never fired the first insult - Dell can attest to that since we were the ones involved in the initial "misunderstanding" and we have since put it behind us and moved on. SO RELAX!! I was trying to be humorous - you are preaching to grown men to wear their belts - we will wear them when we damn well want too.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
RLandis
Racer

This is my last response to this thread, so please, Mr Scholz, answer again so you can have the last word, which I want you to have.

Your excuse everytime you display your rudeness, is that you were trying to be humorous.

you're not funny.....your efforts to be humorous don't work. I'm going to block all your entries....please do the same w/mine. I have no interest in you, or anything about you. Have a nice life.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

"Everytime I display rudeness ...." HUH?? - are you for real?? You preach to us like children, misread the entire thread, then fire off your last comment - Listen Mr. Internet Tough Guy - you are completely out of line.

Maybe we will meet in another life - you will be real easy to spot for me because you will be the guy with the really dark brown tan from having your head up your A$$ throughout your life.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

P.s. You are a Drama queen and the picture you choose to display is of two men ??? I think we get the bigger picture here Mr. Landis?? Not that there is anything wrong with that - but it help me to see where you are coming from.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Scholz996
P.s. You are a Drama queen and the picture you choose to display is of two men ??? I think we get the bigger picture here Mr. Landis?? Not that there is anything wrong with that - but it help me to see where you are coming from.
Well I'm in the school of thought that says you should wear you seat belt, however, I chose to ignore this thread because I did think it could lead to nothing but aggravation... I was right.

Part of the problem may be that if people don't know you, i.e, you haven't been part of the forum long enough for people to understand your sense of humor, when you type something that's supposed to be funny, no one knows it but you.

I didn't think your posts were an attempt at humor, I saw them as an attack. Obviously I was mistaken, but I didn't realize that until you mentioned it.

Perhaps now is a good time for a breather... what da say?

Peace,
Rob
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea guys I love all of you...Not in that way..Not that there is anything wrong with it.......I say we move on, this is what makes us different we have our own truths, and we really don't know ones life knowledge, so I will say sorry if i offended anyone, that was not my meaning. And its good to see people stand up for what they believe in, I have never once taken at shot at someone personally ,I do not know allot of you that well and it wouldn't be my place... And I really was just trying to make a point NO HARM NO FOUL....
Old 08-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

I used to be guilty of no seat belts. I cannot recall when it stopped, but I admit until one of my latter 996 models I probably wore a belt about 10 percent of the time. Since getting the new models that are non stop noise, I use seat belts 100 percent of the time and it has even rubbed off on me in my other cars wherein I can get away with it.

This is after being hit head on by a drunk driver in 1987 and spending 3 months in a hospital where both me and my friend in the car with me who was killed were not wearing seat belts. That is what happens when a small rear engined car gets hit head on by a 78 Plymoth station wagon and the two occupants of the small sports car are unrestrained. The drunk driver only had a broken nose.

A few years back, I got caught in a small summer downpour out of nowhere in a 1988 911 Commerative Eddition carbiolet (1 of 400) that never saw rain and, for some reason, I put my seat belt on right when the sky went black. A few minutes later, I hit a puddle on the Interstate and spun the car. I took out a light pole, but was uninjured.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Scholz996
Advanced

Hey guys - I didn't mean nor do I ever want to come across disrespectful to any of you - I am here for the same reasons you are - yes I am sarcastic, and may step over that line here and there but its all in good fun and again I mean no disrespect to anyone.

I started this thread because of a real issue I had with the infamous PINGING and I think it strayed a few too many times, as did a few others.

Respectfully,

John.

Quick Reply: Annoying seat belt "PING" - help!!!