996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

First Time Porsche Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:02 AM
crash13
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice machine - my spouse wouldn't even sit in the car for about 2 months, but is slowly warming up to it.

here is a great link to a garage door mod that really looks fairly easy. These interiors are so easy to work on as you can pull apart most of the stuff. you should look at the $20 car manual from the UK. Comes through high speed fairly quickly.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albur29
Cpa4S,
Thanks for the link. That was the post that sparked my desire for the hidden remote. When things slow down and cool off here I am going to tear apart my opener and see what needs to be done. I am just trying to decide on a switch location - on the console or on the dash.

rob
Old 07-27-2005, 09:14 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Crash, Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Just to let you know you are not the only one with a wife that is not supportive. I am on my third P-car and with every one, I have been given maximum sh*t. My significant other won't even ride in mine!!. In fact she has influenced my youngest daughter to also not ride in my car. My son, however, is a different story. Any way after a while she just ignores it (still jabs me now and then). Have to do all my mods in hidding.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:49 PM
LedZec
Advanced

Default What is with the whole

I thought only my wife was the obstinant (sp?) one -- what is with this "boycott" approach to objecting to our car selections?!? I guess you can look at it two ways, negative as she won't ride in the car with you and, positive, she won't ride in the car with you so you can go faster and crank the tunes!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:04 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by LedZec
I guess you can look at it two ways, negative as she won't ride in the car with you and, positive, she won't ride in the car with you so you can go faster and crank the tunes!
Agreed, I prefer to ride alone anyway. When we go somewhere together, I let her drive her Audi (She also doesn't like riding in my Lexus???). Maybe it's my driving style
Old 07-27-2005, 04:07 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I must have hit the lottery then when I met my wife.....she loves to race the Porsche, loves sports, is insaneley intelligent, makes more money than I could, is beautiful, and for some reason loves me.

Trust me, I still to this day wonder why she hooked up with me in the first place!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:19 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

(sorry about the hijack) Don't get me wrong...my wife is absolutely awesome...been married 24 years, two fantastic kids. She volunteers with a juvenile diversion program, runs marathons (1/2 marathon with my daughter next month), cooks great, etc. She just doesn't get the car thing. (She is also extremely modest and does not like to let on anything to do with $).
Old 07-27-2005, 08:35 PM
crash13
Track Day

(sorry about the hijack) Don't get me wrong...my wife is absolutely awesome...been married 24 years, two fantastic kids. She volunteers with a juvenile diversion program, runs marathons (1/2 marathon with my daughter next month), cooks great, etc. She just doesn't get the car thing. (She is also extremely modest and does not like to let on anything to do with $).

I think my wife has the same problem. She feels that the car is too ostentatious and is somewhat embarassed to be seen in it. I can understand this, but it's not as if there aren't other equally expensive cars in our neighborhood (and it isn't a Roller or Bentley). Although she doesn't really have any idea what cars cost, just that Porsches are expensive.

She is coming around though. Now her complaint is that the A/C is too cold. It was 104 when I passed the bank today, how can the A/C be too cold!?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

Rob, if you have any questions about the Garage Door mod let me know. That's my DIY Link.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:18 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
I must have hit the lottery then when I met my wife.....she loves to race the Porsche, loves sports, is insaneley intelligent, makes more money than I could, is beautiful, and for some reason loves me.

Trust me, I still to this day wonder why she hooked up with me in the first place!
Damn Dell, there is one in every crowd, and THIS time, you are the ONE!

My wife dosen't make jack-sh** as a teacher, but she loves teaching. She gave me no flack about getting the P-car. In fact, one evening as I was getting on the web to do more searching, she said "Why don't you stop looking and just get one!" Eight days later I was driving it home! (the P-car, that is!)

Quick Reply: First Time Porsche Owner