Sponsored by:

Sinister Mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:29 AM
StanSoph
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sinister Mod

When I am out on a drive and some ding dong rides my a$$; instead of the old school brake tap, I wait till we are on the twisties and go stealth and use NO brakes. Occassionally the car makes some pretty eratic moves behind as they realize thaey are travelling quicker than their car would like. Quite fuuny also to lure a car on a downhill with no brakes and see the rear of their car pitch up. I was thinking about a mod to where I could disable the brake lights for such purposes. What are your thoughts? Got any tricks/ploys that you use on unsuspecting drivers?

Last edited by StanSoph; 06-04-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:48 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand the intent, but you are begging for some moron to take out your car. If and when that happens, you could be seriously injured (or killed) and your car would be seriously damaged. If an investigation ensued, and it was discovered that you had intentionally disabled the brake lights, you could also face jail time and serious civil liability (imagine if the moron was injured or killed). Simply not worth it . . .
Old 06-04-2005, 11:59 AM
amajestro
6th Gear

I was comming up on a strip mall late on a Sat. evening to pick up my duaghter from a movie. An idiot passed me in a lane that ended. He had to cut me off to do it. I had to brake and swerve to avoid him and then brake and swerve again to avoid the car in front of me. I believe if i had not been in a P-car, I would have been in an accident. On the way home, a teeneager in a Mustang GT had to pass me at every stoplight. I just smiled as he went by. I think that the best way to deal with idots is to get out of the way before they get me in an accident.

Maybe I am getting too old, but disabling brake lights (aside from the fact that it is probably illegal) is likely to increase the chance that the idiot is going to run his piece of sh!! car into your flat-6.

Just my 2 cents
Old 06-04-2005, 12:11 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Me, I just pull over at the first opportunity and wave them on by....
Old 06-04-2005, 12:15 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps you should look for an alternative to get it out of your system? Something like ....this but lighter?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 233 Posts

Agree with TD,...some dummy will end up in your rear end (that sounds a little weird,...sorry).
Anyhow, in my reckless early twenty days I remember messing around with some guy in a Bimmer on a twisty road in my hometown - I'm closely following him at speed - when suddenly a very bright auxillliary light (like a rally light) cam on from his rear bumper - that was his sinister mod - NOT funny
Old 06-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I agree with amajestro. Just ignore them, not worth the time nor the aggravation, nor the risk.

Sounds like you want to be a bad boy, though. "Quite fuuny also to lure a car on a downhill with no brakes and see the rear of their car pitch up." And. "Got any tricks/ploys that you use on unsuspecting drivers?". Just enjoy the car and forget such nonsense. Take it to the track and learn skills rather than tricks. Just my .02c, trying to be constructive.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A caltrop dispensing device would be nice
Old 06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StanSoph
I was thinking about a mod to where I could disable the brake lights for such purposes. What are your thoughts? Got any tricks/ploys that you use on unsuspecting drivers?
just downshift...it doesn't turn on ur brake lights
Old 06-04-2005, 02:26 PM
ericdee
Racer

How about, an oil-slick device at the back of the car...
Old 06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I understand the intent, but you are begging for some moron to take out your car. If and when that happens, you could be seriously injured (or killed) and your car would be seriously damaged. If an investigation ensued, and it was discovered that you had intentionally disabled the brake lights, you could also face jail time and serious civil liability (imagine if the moron was injured or killed). Simply not worth it . . .
I agree and would add that if an investigation ensued, it would make a pretty good case for negligence because a 'reasonable person' (mythical) wouldn't disable a safety warning system on their car. Then of course there are the defenses that yahoo contibuted to the negligence by tailgating and so on...

I know exactly what he's saying though and I can totally see his point. It really pisses me off when yahoo is on my tail, because he thinks he can out maneuver the Porsche. When that happens I don't speed up or slow down. When there's room I let yahoo pass then laugh at his antics trying to control his vehicle.

A while back a Land Rover Discovery was on my *** going down a hill with some twists and turns. I held even at 50 and on a straight moved slightly over to the right and this guy just took off. About a 1/4 mile later the turns picked up again and you should have seen this car lean...like this car is about 12 feet tall...it was so funny.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C4C_Leon
A caltrop dispensing device would be nice
That worked pretty well stopping advancing equine forces in the middle ages...really messed up the hoves of the horses though...

CHP and some state police use basically the same thing, I think its a tire spike strip deployed from the underside of some of their cruisers.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:00 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

That worked pretty well stopping advancing equine forces in the middle ages...really messed up the hoves of the horses though...
Problem today is that there are so many more horse's asses than there are horses
Old 06-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by leedav
Problem today is that there are so many more horse's asses than there are horses

How true!
Old 06-04-2005, 04:42 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Stan - Hook a jumper wire from the left rear fog light to the right one so they BOTH illuminate. Now when JackA$$ is on your tail, pull your lights switch out two notches so the rear fogs come on, an then jump on it. They are bright enough to look like break lights, JackA$$ will hit his breaks while you are pulling away.

If that doesn’t work, install the Spoiler Switch on the center console, (a la Kirby) but also add a machine gun below the spoiler, with left/right swivel control. (Kirby can figure out how to do this). If he gets too close, raise the spoiler and slo-o-o-o-w-w-w-wly rotate the gun toward the driver’s side of his car. I would be willing to bet that JackA$$ would back off!

Quick Reply: Sinister Mod