Insurance in Canada (Ontario)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:01 PM
peachboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance in Canada (Ontario)

Hi,

I'm left with a dilema. My wife has a bad driving record (4 major speeding tickets in the last 3 yrs) and my insurance company won't insure me unless I sign a waiver that she won't touch the car. Not that this solution pains me but it's not the best for the old marital relation. I've found a direct insurer that will overlook her tickets but will require me to sign a waiver that I won't attend any DE days and that I won't modify the car even by putting a sticker in the window !!!!!

Any good brokers or company in Ontario that are use to dealing with Porsche and DE days.

Thanks for any info.

Marc
Old 03-22-2005, 03:11 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

First off i feel your pain.....Those conditions seem a bit extreme don't ya think, I wear my RENNLIST sticker proud. You could try TD's Meloche Monnex, however i don't think they will cover track mishaps, in fact i don't know if any of them do. Call them they have good rates and their customer service has been great for me
Old 03-22-2005, 03:16 PM
peachboy
Racer

Thanks for the tip. I bank at Td so I'll ring them. The problem with track days is that not only won't they cover oyu at the track but they won't cover me day-to-day because of that either. Something about having lost court battle when someone goes after the "regular" insurance company after a track mishap...I don't buy it but I have no choice.. .
Old 03-22-2005, 03:20 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They never asked me when i signed up, if i do track days....What they dont know wont hurt them, lets face if something happens on a track its a repair bill on your penny anyways...SO i vote for not telling them
Old 03-22-2005, 03:31 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Paul, I'm with you don't tell them and just suck it up. The problem with telling them or getting "DE Insurance" is that ALL of the companies share info via a common database. Once the word is out, you're f'd.
Chris
Old 03-22-2005, 04:09 PM
peachboy
Racer

So basically if you crash badly at a DE day you better get the old checkbook out !!!
Old 03-22-2005, 04:15 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no if you crash at a DE, hire the tow truck to haul your car into a ditch on the road.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:23 PM
gofor28off
Racer

I have a similar "problem" where my wife is specifically excluded fron driving the P, which I don't mind a bit!!
Thanks for the tip on Meloche Monnex; I have received material from them as I think they are the designated group insurer for McMaster alumni. I will check them out, provided they continue to exclude the wife!

Quick Reply: Insurance in Canada (Ontario)