Sponsored by:

Service History

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 07:56 PM
RLandis
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service History

Is there any way that I can download the service history of my recently purchased Porsche via the internet, with the VIN#, or must I contact Porsche , or a dealer?

Gracias
Old 03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I purchased a 2001 996TT from an out of state dealer last month and had the same question. Local P-dealer said they couldn't even give me the sericve history as it was "private" and could only give info if it was done at their dealer. Thought this was b.s. Called another dealer and they said no as well. Good luck though.

Adam
Old 03-02-2005, 10:44 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Really, that’s not my experience. Actually called two dealers and they gave it to me line by line. In fact, one dealer even faxed me a print out of the service record, told me about the Fabspeed unit they installed, etc...

I was very impressed and it was part of the reason I felt so comfortable with the car.

I called 800 porsche and they gave me all the dealers that did major service work and inservice dealer. I then used this and called all the service dept for the records.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:51 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow! I wonder why these dealers woundn't give out the info. ???? Both pretty much had the same response. I call the Porsche 800 number too.

Adam
Old 03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried also, and was told by dealer they needed approval from previous owner before than can provide history. But they did tell me cars history looked fine and did not see anything out of ordinary.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:24 AM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I checked w/dealer and they showed me services and what they cost but not details as to what was done. Told me that b/c the seviced were already paid out that the details could not be seen. I saw the computer screen. Maybe there was another screen they did not show me but the screen I saw showed date service invoive number and dollar amount that warranty paid.....PS--my dealer was not the dealer that did the work but I guess that if I contacted the dealer that did the work(dealer # was also shown)then I could get dealer to tell me details......bottomline is I think that you have to have a friendly dealer.....Jeff
Old 03-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless something has changed any dealer can print out warranty or recall work done with the VIN as that info is shared with all dealers. Service work, like an oil change, is not shared between dealers.

Some dealers will give you the info and others take the position it belongs to the original owner and will not release it with that owner's ok. There was a report on this board a while back where the orginal owner wanted a print out because he was selling and the dealer would no give it to him. The dealer's attitude was he got the invoices when the work was originally done and that is all he was intitled to.

I have never asked the policy at my dealer. I bought my car used 6 years ago and know the serivce guy. He showed me the history on the computer from the original owner. We have a new local owner who just bught a 1997 with about 80K miles and he did not know what work had been done. He called and asked, and they faxed him the history.

A friendly dealer does help.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Srao
Advanced

I found a quick solution when I picked up my '02 996. If you can, find out the name of the previous owner, for me it was easy because he had written his name in one of the owner handbooks, call the dealer where it was serviced and pretend to be them, you will find out all the details.

Although one would think you sound like an idiot calling and asking about what was done to your car, the service manager didn't seem suspicious. The only check I had to pass was when the service manager asked me if my name was the previous owners to which I obviously replied, yes. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Service History