Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Finally got my car back after 2 months in the shop! and back to the shop it goes..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004 | 03:23 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Don't take this guy seriously. There is something suspect with his story. Porsche probably was able to identify that the damage was done deliberately, or at best, because of extreme neglegance and abuse.
Old 12-17-2004 | 03:48 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

sigh.... i shouldn't even bother responding to this one... if you had read the previous posts, you would have seen that fellow rennlister roberga backed up everything i have said by talking with the service advisor at barrier porsche about the status of my vehicle and the engines, tranny, etc... and it has absolutely nothing to do with any negligence or abuse of any kind... all internal faults that could not have been prevented by me, or the previous owner.

..everytime i explain the situation, someone simply comes back at me saying how great the reliability on a porsche is, and it's my fault because i bought it from a used car lot... not gonna waste my energy anymore... think what you want... just dont' come crying to me when your engine needs replacement...
Old 12-17-2004 | 04:36 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

I'm a bit perplexed at some ignorance here.

The car is no longer a lemon. Does everyone understand that once the engine and trans have been replaced, the "car" in its original form, is only there in its shell. Any problems with the brakes?

My point here is that the engines are from PORSCHE - why would two engines go? That is PORSCHE sucking as a manufacturer, and even more so - the guy that put those engines together with tools in the factory- not the "car".

Even more so, I suspect that the transmissions aren't even MADE by porsche. Borg Warner? ZF? I'm not sure.

Thirdly, we have the issue that dealerships, from Porsche, in general, are totally ueseless, and inept on most accounts. These people are probably to blame for most of these problems.

Why harp on bob? What has he done? He's paid bills to a institution, that by proof of Skip in Boulder's 997 problems, hasn't been "in the office" since about 1998.
Old 12-17-2004 | 04:46 PM
fourtaylor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bobporsche996

attached pic as requested
Are those the best pictures you have? It looks like those were taken of some car you saw while walking down the street some night?

I find all this somewhat funny but mostly just hard to believe, that said I can't help but keep watching... kind of like fear factor .. can it get any worse.

Chris
Old 12-17-2004 | 07:19 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Excuse me for stating the bleedin' obvious, but f I found myself in your situation Bob, I'd spend less time on computer forums, and a bit more time driving the car. Maybe then you'd get more perceived value for your $100k. Also, whi did you have to pay for the 2nd engine??
Old 12-17-2004 | 08:20 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

the car was in the shop for a month getting the third engine installed (replacing the one where the cylinder lining fell out of the sleeve, due to a faulty engine from porsche), and then i had to wait another month as when driving it home after replacing that engine, the dealer that installed the engine didn't connect the tranny properly, which blew up the tranny on the freeway, so that took another month to get it from germany...

it's kind of hard to drive a car when the tranny from your car is sitting in pieces 300 feet from your car... not to mention it's not ideal weather in seattle right now for driving a convertible porsche regardless...

and yes those pictures are all i have... i haven't had the car in my possession to even take any pictures, it's been in the shop for 260 days since i got it this year...

anymore criticizing anyone? for heavens sake...

Last edited by bobporsche996; 12-17-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2004 | 09:17 PM
949/996
AutoX

Do you have a picture of the transaxle sitting in pieces 300 feet from your car?
Old 12-17-2004 | 11:28 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

no, it was sitting behind a large purple easter bunny at the porsche dealership that wouldn't let me see it... and of course i never got a third engine replaced either... it's all a big lie.. here's a fake invoice i made up in photoshop about the tranny indicating my car being in the shop for over a month right after having a new engine replaced by a porsche dealer..

if you want i can make another fake invoice for the 3rd replacement engine installed if that will make you all happy... after all, i have nothing better to do...

ps: i spent the past 6 hours making it look real.. i hope it looks believable to all your satisfaction... sigh..

Last edited by bobporsche996; 12-17-2004 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2004 | 03:43 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by bobporsche996
no, it was sitting behind a large purple easter bunny at the porsche dealership that wouldn't let me see it...
I don't doubt it. I've seen that purple bunny.
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2004 | 06:39 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

that's the one... as you can all see, it's bigger than the tranmission, so unfortunately i wasn't able to take a picture of it..
Old 12-18-2004 | 07:43 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

I have no reason to doubt Bob. I reported in the long RMS thread that my Boxster owner friend Jean had 4 seal replacements and 2 intermediate seal replacements. Afterwards I asked Jean for the mileage each time the RMS was replaced and I missed the 5th seal. The seal was replaced at 30k, 38k, 49k, 50k, and 57k miles. I think this ties Berny.

Then when his car was out of warranty and the latest replacement seal started to leak Porsche oked a rebuilt engine, which had a vibration problem and metal in the oil filter. 2 more rebuilts were put in with the same vibration problem.

I work 10 minutes away from my local dealer so I go by at lunch time to bs with the people I know, including the 2 mechanics that worked on Jeans car. I would tease them about who was rebuilding the engines. I would also take pictures of Jean's car from time to time and email them to him because he lives and works far away, and he wanted me to get the straight info on what was going on because I have known the mechanics for years. I even took a picture of engine #4 when it was still in a box.

Porsche then oked a 4th replacement engine. This time a new one but Porsche only had a tip engine in stock and Jean has a manual transmission. One of the mechanics, Peter, rewired it for a manual transmission car and it was put in and so far it works fine.

Jean was without his car for 3 months due to the engine replacements and waiting for Porsche to deliver another engine. Who would believe this story?

I had a Sony notebook computer that stopped working 7 times - no power. 3 times it was fixed while under warranty. Then when the warranty expired I paid 4 times. When it died the 7th time I gave up and bought another computer. I disputed 2 of the charges with my credit card company but they did nothing. If I had known the computer was going to continue to have problems after I paid the first time I would have thrown it away. I kept throwing money at the computer because I though Sony would finally fixed it for good. Foolish me.

Sounds like what Bob went through except he has a car.

Quick Reply: Finally got my car back after 2 months in the shop! and back to the shop it goes..