Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Finally got my car back after 2 months in the shop! and back to the shop it goes..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 12:42 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bob, wait 'till you get down to the marrow, it tastes sweet.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:20 AM
bobporsche996
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not complaining, if you had read Phil McGrath asked how much i've spent and I answered his question..

Also i'm not paying the $650 for the MAF, the extended warranty company is. I am paying $0.. that's how much the dealer is charging... what they charge I don't care, as long as I don't have to contribute to the pockets of porsche execs again... before you criticize, you may want to read the previous posts.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:50 AM
munro86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone stop the fight....please.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by munro86
Someone stop the fight....please.
No fight. I think we, including Bob, are just having some fun at Bobs expense. It's morbid, it's at a Bob's expense, but he brought it on himself.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me get this right...you sepnt 100k on your car and it's still breaking apart.
I bet you could have had a TT for that and one that was in great nick....plus you could be posting away in the TT forum instead of here. Double bonus.

I feel sorry for you bob. Both for the horrible experience you've had with your car and also for what it's done to your mind.

If your feeling lucky, I have a gorgious cab here with a knackered gearbox and a free wheeling RMS. Want to give it another try?
Old 12-17-2004, 11:47 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

I want a picture of this car, so I know never to buy it in the future......
Old 12-17-2004, 11:54 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yetis
I want a picture of this car, so I know never to buy it in the future......
Bob posted pics on another thread. If I were you I would stay away from white '99 cabs with a Turbo-look bumper.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...6&postcount=64
Old 12-17-2004, 01:11 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, I am sure this has been covered but its interesting that someone would go cheapo on a second hand used Porsche (no warranty, nothing) and then go nuts on the higher priced aftermarket gear.

I think he should part it out, and start over....
Old 12-17-2004, 01:19 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

It all goes back to buying a POS auction car from a non- porsche used/abused car lot. Sorry to make lite Bob, but you brought this on yourself. I guess you had plenty of down time for mods at least.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:26 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

One thing I have to agree with you bob, that it is a 'porsche from hell'. You could of gotten a Turbo or a GT3 and forget about the RMS issue for the money that you're dumping into that car at the moment. Rule of thumb for future references, never buy a porsche at a ford dealership. Its like buying oranges at a farm that grows only apples. You cant blaim porsche for your mistake or let alone let this experience kill your passion for porsches. YOu wouldn't be putting porsche down if you bought the right one in the first place, trust me.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:29 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

as said before, i have a warranty, there is no more money being put into the car.. yes another part needs replacement, but i'm not paying for it, (see previous posts about my extended warranty) in terms of having fun at my expense... you see how you feel after having been through what i have... i really don't need your crap insults...

first of all, all the major expenses (both engine replacements) are due to internal faults within the engines themselves, as verified by a porsche dealer.. (rod coming out of the block while driving on the first one, and cylinder sleeve coming out of the lining on the second one) there was nothing I, or any previous driver could have done or not done for this to have happened... they happened, because they were faulty produced engines in the first place..

and second of all, the third major expense (transmission failuire) was the fault of the porsche dealer for not installing the replacement engine properly...

third of all, all 20 of my vehicles i have purchased in the past, were purchased from used car lots, or from auctions... and the most expensive repair i've ever had was a $1,000 intercooler replacement for my supra twin turbo, 7 years back... there is nothing wrong with buying a car from a used car lot... it's the same as buying from a private party... you don't know the history of the previous owner and you don't have a warranty... while many of you purchased new, calling me a moron for buying from a used car lot, is one of the most ridiciulous insane things i've ever heard.. of all the cars you have owned, who hasn't bought one of their cars from a used car lot?

if a porsche is so reliable, why should i have to buy a porsche at $20,000 more than I paid through a "porsche certified dealer", than a mercedes, bmw, audi, or other german car in the same price range that i've bought at used car lots, put on 30,000 miles+ and never had a single problem with? some of your rational makes no sense at all... what did porsche owners do before the CPO dealership program? does that make everyone with an older porsche a moron for buying it used from a non porsche CPO?

.. a year ago, with all the options my car had.. the localporsche dealerships were charging $55-$60k for a similar car as mine ($95k msrp sticker) I picked it up for $39,000 as a fourth vehicle that would only be driven a few thousand miles a year... what is so wrong in not wanting to pay $20,000 more for the exact same car on a different lot?

some of you guys must have been picked on in high school and now that you've made something of your life, have reversed yourselves into being the bully from all the years of traumea.. i've tried not make any of my messages personal to anyone, unlike some people i know... and really they don't affect me, but it's just upsetting, that I purchased this car to enjoy it and have fun with it, only to run into the situation I have... sh*t happens, i'm dealing with it...

first it was calling me a lying jackass troll for making up my story about the engines.. then once confirmed i wasn't lying... you had to find something else to criticize me about....

you really don't affect me, but it shames me to see some of the immaturity and lack of tact that some of you have for a fellow porsche owner that has run into more than a few road blocks simply trying to enjoy his automobile... i wouldn't have bought a porsche, if i didn't believe they were amazing vehicles, and i didn't expect what happened on a 5 year old, 50k mile car... it just didn't seem probable... anyways, i lived and learned... and now i live with it and have my warranty...

..criticizing a fellow porsche owner for just trying to enjoy the automobile that you have as well... that he purchased and poured a fortune in at his bad luck and expense is just immature and in poor taste.. some of you need to grow up... and i'm not going to name names... you know who you are...

'nuff said on that... on that note, take care all...

attached pic as requested

Last edited by bobporsche996; 12-17-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:39 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Actually, I do like your nose and aerokit for what it's worth.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:36 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

i think your avatar says it all, cry baby..dont wet your own bed then cry about it and blame it on the bed.

I have to give it to you though_good response bob, i think you're getting better at it with every post. Gluck though chiefy with your porsche from hell.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

actually the avatar was chosen about screaming at my porsche experience.... i think it describes what i've been through quite nicely, don't you think?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:15 PM
BrianPA
Racer

Bob I don't understand why you paid for two engine replacements. I'm surprised you even had to pay for one. If there was an internal defect with the first engine I'm surprised Porsche didn't replace it. True it was out of warranty (time wise) but there are many stories of Porsche covering even out of warranty engines if there was a serious internal fault with them. You should have been able to fight for this. Even if not so you pay and replace one engine but if that engine failed due to another internal defect in under 1000 why in the hell would you pay for another engine? There is no legal way that engine manufacturer or the installing shop could weasel their way out of responsibility. Porsche rebuilt engines have warranties and work performed at a Porsche dealer is warrantied. Even if Porsche & the Porsche dealer are not voluntarily warrantying their work there is a whole slew of laws that would apply to this. For example even the general concept of "implied warranty of merchantability" would probably apply here. In a nutshell when a business offers something for sale even if they attempt to weasel their way out of responsbility with "as is" or "no warranty disclaimers" the product is still assumed to be fit for its normally intended use unless otherwise expressly stated (i.e. "This engine is bad" or "This car does not run"). I would say the normally use for an engine is to run it, in a car, and for alot more than 1,000 miles. Why the hell did you pay for the second engine? You simply allowed yourself to be screwed on that one!

Quick Reply: Finally got my car back after 2 months in the shop! and back to the shop it goes..