Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

JD Power Survey - "Porsche has 159 Problems per 100 Vehicles" ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:41 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bobporsche996
Blue S2,

It's for my 99 cab I picked up about a year ago that had 49k miles on it... no warranty.. .great price.. (at the time) msrp $95k with all the options, picked it up for $39k.. unfortunately in the end i discovered it not to be the best decision... now i have an extended warranty, and all the major parts are replaced, engine, tranny, flywheel, everything down to the clutch is brand new... which are covered by the 2 year porsche warranty, along with a 3rd party extended warranty, so i'm not too concerned anymore for the next 2 years.. after that, this thing will be sold to the highest bidder as soon as possible :>

i've put too much money into it exterior wise, and interior wise to consider selling it now... just plan on enjoying it when I can and on using my $0 extended warranty quite often..

just still waiting for my damn transmission from germany that was supposed to be here by now <grr> car has been in the repair shop for about 260 days and counting out of about 285 days of ownership... sigh.. yes, still upset, but can't wait to get it back oh and also, no rms leak in the 1,100 miles i've had it.. bonus
What company gave you the extended warranty, and if it's not too personal, what are they charging you?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, that munro dude needs to have a hot cup of shut the fark up.....honestly, what a jacka**.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:51 AM
villajoe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend bought a Cayenne and it's been to the shop at least 5 times in the first 90 days. That must be the Volkwagen influence.

Quick Reply: JD Power Survey - "Porsche has 159 Problems per 100 Vehicles" ???