Accessories missing on new 40th Anniversary... need advise

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Accessories missing on new 40th Anniversary... need advise

Hi Folks,

When I purchased my new 40th Anniversary 996 about 4 weeks ago, there were a few items missing which were noted in writing on the purchase due bill.

One was a set of floor mats which the dealer had to order from Germany since they didn't have them in stock. And the other 2 items were a key pouch and briefcase, apparently exclusive to the 40th Anniversary model (the following link has a description)

http://www3.us.porsche.com/english/u.../equipment.htm

The dealer called me last Friday to let me know they have just received the floor mats. But apparently the key pouch and briefcase are not available, and they claim they were exclusive items made for the 40th Anniversary and no longer available. They are being cheap, IMHO, and have offered a cheap key chain as a replacement for those two items. I'm sure these items are worth way more than that.

In your opinion, do you agree with me? What would you suggest I request from the dealer that is feasible and fair as a replacement? I haven't called 800-Porsche yet to see if there's any help there, but what do you think the replacement (or substitution) cost of these items might be.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I plan on going to the dealer next weekend and would like to go with good ammunition.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:38 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Porsche makes a line of leather luggage (designed to fit in the trunk); I think you can see it online on the Porsche website. I'd make them provide you with that briefcase (which is probably comparable value), as well as a leather key pouch, which is also available (may be generic Porsche and not "40th" if that is what you were supposed to get).
Old 10-25-2004, 01:10 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you get the 2-piece luggage set? If you did, then all you are missing is the key chain pouch and the briefcase correct?
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

That's right!... I did get the luggage set... which if I didn't I'd be throwing a huge fit since those are advertised in the Porsche website for about $2400.

Cheers.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:25 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I feel better now......just wanted to make sure you got them. As for not getting the briefcase, why not ask them for something comp to it that YOU want? For example, there are some nice office accessories. Or better yet...any mods? Clear side markers, etc.?

One question though, are they saying that they were able to produce more cars than accessories designed SPECIFICALLY for the car? Doesn't make sense, sounds like they sold yours! This would chap my hide. What if they put regular 5 spokes instead of the polished ones and said "they are backordered"? Somebody isn't telling you the truth.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:13 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I'll bet the sales manager or dealer owner is carrying your briefcase!!
Old 10-25-2004, 03:33 AM
DrPeter
Instructor

did you look inside the luggage? My wallet/key chain was in one of the pockets within the luggage.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:20 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

My wallet/key chain were in the luggage. I did not get a leather suit case, but I don't use a suit case at work so this doesn't bother me. I don't like the key chain so it sits in the luggage which sits in a closet.

The car still drives well and I still enjoy it nonetheless.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:18 AM
peachboy
Racer

First time I hear of the luggage...anybody in Canada ever got the luggage with their 40th ????

Marc
Old 10-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With my 40th, I got:
1- One large suitcase,
2- One medium suitcase,
3- One wallet,
4- One key pouch
Old 10-25-2004, 10:31 AM
peachboy
Racer

I didn't know it was supposed to be included, didn't show up on the bills.
I guess it's going to be fun to hear the explanation
Old 10-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chase your dealer down. Those items are specific to the 40th. car and can't be bought otherwise. They are made with that same specific leather that the seats/steering wheel/shifter/brake handle are covered in.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Directly from Porsche.....

"Whether luggage, credit cards or car keys – your personal items should be stowed well and securely. In the 40th Anniversary 911, you won't have to worry about a thing. Your special 911 comes with two exclusive leather suitcases, sized in medium and large, and both handmade of dark grey natural leather to match the car's interior and specially embossed. Like all luggage pieces from Porsche Selection, both are perfectly sized to fit in the car's luggage compartment. Both pieces also come with a nylon interior lining and two removable separators.

We also give you a key case and a briefcase in dark grey natural leather and specially embossed. For Porsche, exclusive design quality goes far beyond the car itself"
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd call Porsche customer commitment. And I'd have that dealer steal a set out of the next 40th he gets.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 144 Posts

No brief case here, I think they are referring to the large vest pocket type wallett when they say 'brief case'. No biggie, the key pouch and wallett arent very good, very cumbersome. I left mine in the luggage for the next owner.
Make sure you got the luggage pieces though (for resale again).
BTW, the wallett and pouch were in one of the luggage pieces.
But what a car!

Quick Reply: Accessories missing on new 40th Anniversary... need advise