Sponsored by:

996 Violated and Stereo stolen

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 10:23 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 Violated and Stereo stolen

Not my day, come down to garage at 6.30 am to find rear garage door pried and passenger side door of car open...knew what to expect next..my Pioneer AVIC-N1 head unit was gone...guy was a consumate pro, no major damage to car, phone and driving glasses left behind as was $15 in change...lucky I left it unlocked last night or would be replacing window...getting the garage hooked up to alarm this weekend...tough luck...if only he had come into the house looking for the keys we could have been introduced and he could meet my friends Benelli and Glock.....bastard.

Upside is that the replacement will be a very quick job....wifes Cayenne was locked and untouched.

Last edited by carbon_00; 09-29-2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he knew exactly what he was after.........inside job maybe?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:02 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

There has been a prowler in neighbourhood recently, so he knew what he wanted I guess. Couldn't be inside job unless wife was in on it..haha
Old 08-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Why would you leave the door unlocked?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:42 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear that, I would love to introduce my friend "Colt 45" to someone like that!!!

Robert
Old 08-11-2004, 11:43 AM
vove
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear about your mishaps. Somebody's been watching you and your 996 very closely.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:04 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Inside job....

Could mean someone at the "car toys" shop that knew you had an expensive aftermarket unit, and who would be better qualified to remove it with no damage.

I would bet it wasn't random, sounds like the theif knew there was something worthwhile in that closed garage and a factory unit would not apply.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:19 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paul Marangoni
Why would you leave the door unlocked?

Yah, stupid I know, but it saved me a very expensive repair to window or door.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Could be, but more then likely a pro thief, our neighbourhood gets hit in the summer as many families are away at cottages..going to check with neighbours if their high end cars were victimized last night as well..apparently our neighbours Audi was tried the other night...

Originally Posted by wwest
Inside job....

Could mean someone at the "car toys" shop that knew you had an expensive aftermarket unit, and who would be better qualified to remove it with no damage.

I would bet it wasn't random, sounds like the theif knew there was something worthwhile in that closed garage and a factory unit would not apply.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Does that unit have a removeable faceplate? I still think it's better to lock the car. An unlocked car is an invitation. I remember an old saying that went: "Q: What do you call someone who never locks his car? A: A pedestrian..."

And what's with all the mention of hand-guns? You guys are kidding right?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:06 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Yes, will lock it from now on. And yes, I was kidding about the handguns. Its just a car. Its not like the guy came inside after my family, then its no joke.

Does that unit have a removeable faceplate? I still think it's better to lock the car. An unlocked car is an invitation. I remember an old saying that went: "Q: What do you call someone who never locks his car? A: A pedestrian..."

Old 08-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

I don't see an issue here. All you proposed was an introduction to your two friends.....you didn't suggest swapping bodily fluids or anything......I am betting an "introduction" would have been quite sufficient to convince the dirt ball to take his freekin act elsewhere.....

I mean, I do understand that you guys from Cali and Toronto live with a different set of rules (some would even suggest that they are more civilized rules) then exist in places like Texas or New Hampshire. At the same time, I see nothing wrong in legally defending yourself. A show of force is different from a use of force.

What ever.......sorry for your bad luck.....the guy invaded your garage and your car..........you are justified in being pissed......
Old 08-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Yeeah guns, wish they were legal in the UK then we could all go around killing each other like in America
Old 08-11-2004, 02:05 PM
TurboMark
Pro

Come on guys everyone knows its only the Americans that own hand guns. The best news is no damage to the car.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:06 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

That sucks! But at least you didn't have a window broken or worse a door pried with a crow bar. I don't lock cars in my garage when I'm home. Years ago I lost a radio, window and a bunch of collateral damage to my BMW while parked in a church parking lot for a wedding.

I'm from Cali and have my friends Sig Sauer, Glock and other associates at hand. Hope I never have to introduce them to strangers but they are good friends to have around just in case.

Quick Reply: 996 Violated and Stereo stolen