996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

997 has no spare tire!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 10:33 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My M5 had a flat. There was something big on the interstate that got about twenty folks, me being just one. I got out the M mobility kit and filled the tire with the "juice". The cut was on the sidewall and the "juice" just dribbled out. Had to call BMW (800 #) and they sent a no cost wrecker to get me. It was there in 20 minutes. Towed me (flat bed) to a dealer where I left the car until I could get a replacement tire. It was 70 miles to home so I had to get a ride late on a Sunday night. All in all.... it was a pain!!!

I'm not sure that a non mechanical person ( read wife, girlfriend, or non-mechanical person) is going to be able to work the system (if Porsche's is like BMW's) with ease. But then they probably wouldn't change a tire either!

I'd like a spare....even a skinny one!
Old 07-10-2004, 04:10 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally posted by Torags
Had a blow out in my 3000 mi old tires as a result of low inflation.
What low pressures were you running? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:38 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Paul Marangoni
A tire pressure monitoring system would be handy at the track too. It would let you know when your pressure was getting too high (I assume). I think these will be standard on all vehicles within 5 or 6 years.

Well, I hope that they're optional, not standard equipment. Choice is good, and I'd rather not have someone else make that choice for me.

Edited....
Old 07-10-2004, 07:05 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Why?

How the hell did this thread get into politics? Why?

Do us all a favor - vote at the polls - not here on Rennlist. Save the political bull**** for another site.

This thread is closed - after I delete the pictures. I'm not sure why I should have to pay for the bandwidth of political debates - but maybe one of you, how has a far superior IQ - could enlighten me.....

John

Quick Reply: 997 has no spare tire!