Sponsored by:

Best license plate cover/reflector

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 01:55 PM
matterhorn762
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best license plate cover/reflector

I would like to put on an anti-photo reflector on my 996. Does anybody have any recommendations on what brand is of the best quality? I'm talking about the kind that is obviously clear, but that's polarized to prevent photographs. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Here's a place that carries them, as well as other anti-radar and laser devices.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is 'here'?
Old 07-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Oops!

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...ar/default.asp
Old 07-09-2004, 10:02 PM
SYMA
Pro

I don't know. Here in Charlotte they have red light cameras which don't concern me because I don't run red lights.
HOWEVER they just started a photo speed trap on selected streets and they mail you a $50 ticket and no points or insurance. Some of these streets it is very easy to exceed the limit if your not paying close attention, and I believe they allow you 5 over and thats it.
Question??? what angle are these photos taken from and which cover would work best.
The one cover I see only covers half the plate so it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to search DMV records for a yellow Porsche with a plate that ends in lets say "3928" or begins with "DBT". I think that would be enough for them to go on and still send you the ticket. Anyone???
Old 07-10-2004, 12:02 AM
matterhorn762
Instructor

SYMA, if they don't have your full license plate, the case is dropped. It's all done by computer. There aren't some thick-glassed government employees analyzing each case. Even if there were, it would be a ridiculous case for them to try to prosecute.

It is not possible to blur the entire plate because it has to be effective from all angles. Anyway, I decided to go with these guys:

http://www.phantomplate.com/main.html
Old 07-10-2004, 08:59 PM
SYMA
Pro

Hi Matterhorn,
My thought was this. There are not to many yellow C2's in Charlotte and if they had part of the plate they could assume the rest, BUT I do see what your saying. And I LOL on the thick glassed comment.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Matterhorn, can you tell me if the plate is visually refracted with the human eye or is this only something that the camera would see with the flash?
I ask because, if a cop was passing you and saw that part of your plate was not visible then he would book you and in this country you would not only get a vehicle infringment but also you would get booked for obstructing the law. If this is something the human eye can't see then I want one
Old 07-10-2004, 09:24 PM
matterhorn762
Instructor

Originally posted by Scouser
Matterhorn, can you tell me if the plate is visually refracted with the human eye or is this only something that the camera would see with the flash?
I ask because, if a cop was passing you and saw that part of your plate was not visible then he would book you and in this country you would not only get a vehicle infringment but also you would get booked for obstructing the law. If this is something the human eye can't see then I want one
The laws are different within the United States, varying by state. I ordered both the spray and the cover in order to experiment. For the UK, buy their spray product. It works great against photo radar, and is *completely* undetectable. Here is the link:

http://www.phantomplate.com/photoblocker.html

Quick Reply: Best license plate cover/reflector