A few mods for my wife's 964 Cab which she doesn't even know about yet! :D

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 04:12 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few mods for my wife's 964 Cab which she doesn't even know about yet! :D

It's a lot different and more subtle putting my favorite Arctic Silver mods on Cindy's 91 Black 964 C2 Cab, but I'm managing a few.
1. Silver hood crest, of course
2. Steering wheel crest (harder to find a small one to fit a 964
3. Gas Cap pull
4. Ignition Surround
5. *****
6. Swap black engine Carrera badge for a silver one.
7. Instrument rings (of course)
8. New SS exhaust pipe (no pic)
I know, I know, I need the headlight switch
Do you think I should go the aluminum pedal bit or is that too, well, macho for a woman?? Any other suggestions???? You know that she doesn't know she's getting this yet...total surprise

Old 06-27-2004, 12:41 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

3 spoke steering wheel
Old 06-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Weissach
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope she shares your taste...
Old 06-27-2004, 09:57 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

She has so far.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pedals are probably more a function of feel than looks, but on a tip a set of Ruf pedals would look nice (don't know if Ruf makes pedal sets for tips).

As for other mod suggestions, I would 'finish off' the dash by installing the Euro rear center reflector (integrated fog lights) and the dash switch in the factory (unused) location.
Did it in my RSA and was very happy with the results. Bought it (complete kit) from Schatzmotorsport.com in CA.
The European light bridge (simple plug in replacement) which allows for the fog lights to come on with parking lights only is also a nice addition.

On a black car, I would also change the side markers/reflectors from amber to clear, looks much nicer on dark colored 964 IMHO.

I would also change the H5's to H4's....a huge difference at night. You can get the whole kit from Vertex Auto (either chrome rings or primered/paintable ones)....Eric at bumperplugs painted mine midnight blue metallic on the RSA...the man is a wizard at paint matching.

Best of luck with the car, I'm sure she will love it.

Regards,
Old 06-28-2004, 12:35 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Itc, I appreciate your thoughtful reply. RUF does make alum pedal covers for a Tip. I have them on my 996. If the interior was black I wouldn't hesitate, but it's beige so actually the black pedals look more compatible with the other black trim.

Headlights are a god idea..

Are the yellow reflectors easy to change on a 964? Do you have to remove the bumper or is it a simple swap?

I thought about the vacant space on the dash but I assumed the wiring necessary for the rear fogs in the reflector would be a complicated procedure. Do you any DIY help on that one?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:22 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Don,

The side markers/turn signal only require a philips screwdriver, no need to remove the bumper! Takes about 5 minutes total. See item A in the link below:
http://www.schatzmotorsport.com/Merc...egory_Code=850
(I did not do item B, which replaces the small black bumperette) There have been posts on installing this item over on the 964 forum however.

As for the Euro rear center reflector (w/ integrated fogs), all 964's had the wiring harness installed. The connector is behind the dash and the connectors for the rear fogs are already there in the back as well. It's simply a matter of removing the radio, drilling out the '4th' hole in the dash and installing the switch. Replacing the rear center reflector is simple, only a phillips screwdriver.

The light bridge merely plugs into the fuse box in place of K22(? I think). I like being able to run the fog lights independent of the headlights and keep them on with highbeams. Takes 2 minutes.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:40 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

I noticed the shoes being worn in the dash pictures are black and silver also. Now that's what I call color coordinating!!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 12:36 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Itc, thank you again for your research.

Quick Reply: A few mods for my wife's 964 Cab which she doesn't even know about yet! :D