996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

To Repaint? To Polish? Or to Wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 08:00 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,057 Likes on 951 Posts

If you’re dead set on a wrap, take a look at colored PPF. It’s more durable than vinyl and a dry application with air release so the install is smoother. I’m a detailer so my bias will always fall on proper paint correction and maintenance, the PPF vs Vinyl is legit.
Old 06-30-2024, 10:01 PM
e30rapidic
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 275 Posts

I just repainted my car in the garage. Zero
prior experience. It’s looks awesome and I’ve actually been complimented on it. If the body is straight, and the paint itself is in good nick, how about a re-clear?
Old 07-01-2024, 06:52 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,711 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by Atgani

Find a good detailer and seek their advice before respraying or wrapping the car.
+1. My black ‘99 had bad swirl marks that all disappeared after paint correction and ceramic coating $1500 cost.

Except for the front bumper and hood, as each had/has rock chips and had prior resprays.

I don’t like the way the front of my car looks, and if I fix it, rock chips will come back anyway. However, if one does repaint, and they do a combo of PPF and ceramics on top of the PPF, any chips will be on the PPF and save the paint. However, it won’t look great, and the cost to fix the PPF is nearly the same cost as a repaint.

Quick Reply: To Repaint? To Polish? Or to Wrap?