Sponsored by:

Help for non-adjustable windshield sprayers

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 10:21 PM
Atho84
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help for non-adjustable windshield sprayers

I found several posts stating that the sprayers after a certain year aren't adjustable, which is not helpful when they're not spraying in the correct direction... My sprayers seemed to work when it was cooler, but now that it's warming up and they're mostly washing the underside of my hood. In the interest of getting working sprayers and not spending more than I need to to end up back at the same place I figured I would try something. It's not pretty, and looks a little silly when you open the hood, but so far it seems to be working.
I stacked up 4 felt furniture sliders (that was what it took to make contact with the hood and apply some pressure to the front of the sprayers. Here are some photos for reference. Let me know if this works for anyone else.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:39 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 130 Likes on 115 Posts

Just buy new ones
Old 05-19-2024, 11:22 AM
Atho84
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dan_189
Just buy new ones
I would gladly do that if I could be assured it would fix the issue. Did you have a similar issue with no adjustable sprayers that was resolved by simply replacing the sprayers? There's nothing I can see that is overtly wrong with the sprayers themselves, (no crud, damage, or obstruction), so what is causing the issue? Is it the sprayers? Is it a warp I the windshield cowl? I'm not opposed to spending money to fix problems, I just don't want to throw money at a problem and end up where I started. For me, this solution was free and is helping with the issue. If it was at all visible outside of the handful of moments when I open the trunk, I absolutely wouldn't do it this way. If you or someone else can verify that if I replace my sprayers the new ones won't be squirting the underside of my hood, I'll definitely do that. If anyone has an explanation of why this typically happens, that would probably be great to share with the community so we can understand the issue and it's source better.
Old 05-19-2024, 07:13 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 130 Likes on 115 Posts

I just replaced them because one stopped working and they spray water on the windshield - didn't really go further than that. As a thought, if you wanted to go deeper perhaps your pump is failing.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:49 AM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 634 Posts

My sprayers do the same thing. I needed a new cowl for other reasons so I have that, just need to get around to installing it. When I do I'll try to find this thread and update it with whether or not that fixed the issue.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:38 AM
Atho84
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dan_189
I just replaced them because one stopped working and they spray water on the windshield - didn't really go further than that. As a thought, if you wanted to go deeper perhaps your pump is failing.
I'll keep the pump issue in mind as a possibility.

Originally Posted by wdb
My sprayers do the same thing. I needed a new cowl for other reasons so I have that, just need to get around to installing it. When I do I'll try to find this thread and update it with whether or not that fixed the issue.
I would be interested to hear if that solves the issue.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:32 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,020 Posts

My sprayers also seem to wash the underside of the hood. I should probably replace mine as well.

Quick Reply: Help for non-adjustable windshield sprayers