Sponsored by:

996 Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 12:25 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,164 Posts

Originally Posted by Atgani
There is another shifter assembly out there, but they’re rare and little known, I’m currently in the process of establishing what they’ll cost to replicate, so I’ll not divulge further information for the time being, other than to say they have excellent provenance.
Please post when you get more info!
Old 03-12-2023, 01:01 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

“I have to say I’ not a fan of the CAE or Numeric shifters, or more specifically the look of them”

There is no “look” to the Numeric - it mounts exactly like the stock shifter and is covered by the center console. The CAE not so much…(but it’s supposed to have amazing feel).
Old 03-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 472 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
“I have to say I’ not a fan of the CAE or Numeric shifters, or more specifically the look of them”

There is no “look” to the Numeric - it mounts exactly like the stock shifter and is covered by the center console. The CAE not so much…(but it’s supposed to have amazing feel).
I've experience of another shifter that utilised the stock plastic "chassis", it was absolutely fine, so for road use the Numeric aluminium chassis is overkill for my skillset/paygrade
In truth, I'm not looking for a massive decrease in shift throw (and certainly not 40%, though I do realise this is the maximum throw reduction) I just want to make the shift action as precise as it can be without going crazy on the cost.
Put another way, I'd rather do a Function First upgrade on a stock 997 shift than go the Numeric route (and the CAE shifter is a no no because it would grate aesthetically) and possibly in operation too. Excuse the pun ...
Old 03-13-2023, 12:15 PM
jbowser5
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JTT
How about a full Numeric system, shifter and cables? Pinnacle of design and execution. I have a buddy that is parting out a car with a full Numeric system that I believe isn’t spoken for yet.
Interested to hear more about this buddy with the Numeric system being parted out, if available.
Old Today, 07:08 AM
campipilot
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Atgani, Anything new on the new shifter design??

Quick Reply: 996 Short Shifter