996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Safari Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 11:27 AM
996Rick
Track Day

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

I just bought a 2001 996 C4 to “Safari” - it had 155k miles and is the perfect project car. Sending it off to Elephant Racing in CA for suspension upgrades - they do the full deal, not just a “lift” - currently in search of pod lights for the front hood - then planning to wrap it with some mountain graphics on the sides - planning on using it where I live to go ski and such - even went so far as to get a custom license plate “SKIFARI” - will post photos later this year when its done - but not really doing anything inside other than considering tartan plaid inserts for the seats and the PCCM+ radio upgrade (gotta have Bluetooth and CarPlay!).
The following 2 users liked this post by 996Rick:
Coussa (11-01-2022), GC996 (08-05-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 05:56 PM
Type65
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by 996Rick
I just bought a 2001 996 C4 to “Safari” - it had 155k miles and is the perfect project car. Sending it off to Elephant Racing in CA for suspension upgrades - they do the full deal, not just a “lift” - currently in search of pod lights for the front hood - then planning to wrap it with some mountain graphics on the sides - planning on using it where I live to go ski and such - even went so far as to get a custom license plate “SKIFARI” - will post photos later this year when its done - but not really doing anything inside other than considering tartan plaid inserts for the seats and the PCCM+ radio upgrade (gotta have Bluetooth and CarPlay!).
Definitely share some pics with us. I don't know where exactly you are located, but this guy has been trying to ditch his hood for a very long time. You might be able to cut a deal with him. https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/p...507884552.html
Old 11-01-2022, 10:38 PM
Coussa
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 996Rick
yes, please share updates. I 2nd many other peoples thoughts and would love to safari build a 2nd 911 in the future. The 996 must be the ideal platform given its lower price point leaving more room for the safari mods themselves. But who knows in a few years, even fried eggs might be too expensive.

Quick Reply: 996 Safari Build