996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Supercup exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 07:03 AM
Superwooter
Cruisin'

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them with all other stock exhaust components and I drive long distance in it frequently. If you can drop the windows and/or open the sunroof, the drone is nonexistent. Here’s a link to my comparison video with a friend who has delete pipes.

…and here’s my impressions after 1000 miles and my first long trip…

The following 2 users liked this post by Superwooter:
Corso (04-04-2022), damage98MO (05-01-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 09:34 AM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Superwooter
I have them with all other stock exhaust components and I drive long distance in it frequently. If you can drop the windows and/or open the sunroof, the drone is nonexistent. Here’s a link to my comparison video with a friend who has delete pipes.

Great videos, thanks!
Old 04-04-2022, 11:13 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Love the ducktail.

[QUOTE=Superwooter;18068146]I have them with all other stock exhaust components and I drive long distance in it frequently. If you can drop the windows and/or open the sunroof, the drone is nonexistent. Here’s a link to my comparison video with a friend who has delete pipes.

[/QUOTE
Michael Luis in Texas. We have a couple of things in common meats, bbq, smoking and the love for the ducktail. I ain’t stealing your show or doing any you tube channel make more than enough from my investments. Anyway a big thing about the exhaust is the weight removal. X pipes are great improvement but then there is more sound, so are headers. I’ll be liking your videos, someone here sent me your way and I wasn’t aware you were here on rennlist. Godspeed. Let me show you dinner tonight. A pair of 14 oz Nolan Ryan prime 34 strip steaks with garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes, chopped salad, bacon, croutons, avocado ranch, on mine I always add blue cheese dressing. Loved your shirt too, mine says IDED (I drink every day).

This Nolan Ryan beef is exclusively at Kroger, I’m friends with the butcher shop manager so I get all kinds of deals, I even have drinks with him sometimes. Live to use McCormick Montreal steak and fresh ground garlic salt. I do dry brine.

IPAs ( I pee a lot)

Last edited by 3/98 911 coupe; 04-04-2022 at 11:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
damage98MO (05-01-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 11:41 AM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 966 Posts

OMG another carcass show guys guys go green your azz will appreciate in your 70’s
LOL damn my bbq broke
Old 04-04-2022, 02:22 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default I don’t buy it.

Originally Posted by NYPOWR4
OMG another carcass show guys guys go green your azz will appreciate in your 70’s
LOL damn my bbq broke
mike i don’t buy the crap that AOC says about cows hurting our environment. Anyway a piece of trivia. The biggest meat consumption date for Americans is in may Memorial Day, official start of summer every one wants to grill. Specially people that were freezing 🥶 their behinds. I used to
grill in single digits weather here in Texas i
grill, bbq
every day, most days wearing shorts and drinking beer. Life is good.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3/98 911 coupe:
damage98MO (05-01-2022), EVOMMM (04-04-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 08:13 AM
Superwooter
Cruisin'

[QUOTE=3/98 911 coupe;18068465]
https://youtu.be/ALdPSoXjkUE

…and here’s my impressions after 1000 miles and my first long trip… https://youtu.be/mC4yru1wAf8[/QUOTE
Michael Luis in Texas. We have a couple of things in common meats, bbq, smoking and the love for the ducktail. I ain’t stealing your show or doing any you tube channel make more than enough from my investments. Anyway a big thing about the exhaust is the weight removal. X pipes are great improvement but then there is more sound, so are headers. I’ll be liking your videos, someone here sent me your way and I wasn’t aware you were here on rennlist. Godspeed. Let me show you dinner tonight. A pair of 14 oz Nolan Ryan prime 34 strip steaks with garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes, chopped salad, bacon, croutons, avocado ranch, on mine I always add blue cheese dressing. Loved your shirt too, mine says IDED (I drink every day).

This Nolan Ryan beef is exclusively at Kroger, I’m friends with the butcher shop manager so I get all kinds of deals, I even have drinks with him sometimes. Live to use McCormick Montreal steak and fresh ground garlic salt. I do dry brine.

IPAs ( I pee a lot)
Nomz. Lol. I do love to cook. I saw the Nolan Ryan steak signs everywhere last time I was in Texas.

Im taking a road-trip next month from Mississippi to Colorado and Salt Lake. I’ll let you know after that if I still feel the same, but I suspect I will!
Old 04-11-2022, 08:41 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Two quality levels.

[QUOTE=Superwooter;18081593]
Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe

Nomz. Lol. I do love to cook. I saw the Nolan Ryan steak signs everywhere last time I was in Texas.

Im taking a road-trip next month from Mississippi to Colorado and Salt Lake. I’ll let you know after that if I still feel the same, but I suspect I will!
Based on what I been told Nolan Ryan beef is exclusively sold at Kroger. 1. USDA choice black Angus. 2. Best Prime 34 (off course price is higher). If you buy some at Kroger also buy AKAUSHI Texas Wagyu, even more marbling, not Japanese Wagyu A5, but better than prime. Wish you the best on your trip, hopefully many smiles.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:49 AM
oregondave
Banned

Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

https://youtu.be/ALdPSoXjkUE

…and here’s my impressions after 1000 miles and my first long trip… https://youtu.be/mC4yru1wAf8
uh, no. These drone dude. Dropping your windows lmao.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:01 AM
Superwooter
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by oregondave
uh, no. These drone dude. Dropping your windows lmao.
Of course it all comes down to perspective, tolerance, and opinion. I did not say they don’t drone, but only that with the windows down it doesn’t. If you’re running the highway for a few hundred miles in the rain… that’s no fun on the ears!
Old 04-29-2022, 10:24 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 414 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by GC996
FWIW, if you are going to keep the factory headers and cats, save yourself some money and go with a gundo hack. Absolutely incredible sounds.

See the Mufler delete thread for more info.
@GC996 Gundo? Or Fister?
I only ask because it seems that some folks frequently intertwine the two names/methods. I’ve got a set of Techart mufflers and I’m trying to decide whether to go Gundo or Fister.
EVOMMM (04-29-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 09:02 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,059 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by islaTurbine
@GC996 Gundo? Or Fister?
I only ask because it seems that some folks frequently intertwine the two names/methods. I’ve got a set of Techart mufflers and I’m trying to decide whether to go Gundo or Fister.
I have a set of a Fister's, they sound fantastic.
islaTurbine (04-30-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 03:03 PM
Billup
Burning Brakes

Received 593 Likes on 331 Posts

Here's a good thread with video clips from various exhaust setups. I'm running Billy Boat mufflers on stock cats and think it hits the sweet spot. Nice grumble 2K+ RPM and pretty quiet when cruising.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...deo-clips.html

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Supercup exhaust?