Sponsored by:

Sunroof Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2023, 08:51 PM
peterp
Drifting

Received 757 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by praveen550
Hi Everyone. I had creaking and rattling sounds from my Porsche Cayenne Panoramic roof. I used some Gummi Pfledge rubber treatment by Liquimolly for 5 bucks on Amazon and all sounds vanished. It was unbelievable. I still can't believe it was so easy. May need a 2nd application soon, but so worth it. Worth a try for sure.
I've been using a different brand of the same product name for decades -- it's a miracle worker for softening weatherstripping, door gaskets -- anything rubber. Also use it in on rubber audio speaker surrounds -- rubber surrounds last forever, but they lose a bit of pliability over the years -- the Gummi Pfledge softens them to better than new. I'm surprised there are two different brands with that product name. Never tried LiquiMoly, but the Nextzett (also called "1Z" brand before that) stuff works amazingly well on softening and preserving rubber.

Old 03-23-2023, 09:25 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,482 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by peterp
I'm surprised there are two different brands with that product name. Never tried LiquiMoly, but the Nextzett (also called "1Z" brand before that) stuff works amazingly well on softening and preserving rubber.
I didn't know about the LiquilMoly stuff either. In fact, I didn't know 1Z changed their name. I still have a bottle of the pre name change stuff that I bought 10 years ago. I guess it goes a long way because this was only my 2nd bottle in 20 years.

The following users liked this post:
peterp (03-23-2023)

Quick Reply: Sunroof Rattle