996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Off Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2024, 05:47 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,251 Likes on 684 Posts

My wife's new Lexus got the full dealer protection treatment. They warranty it so even if she gets a parking lot door ding they'll PDR it. Hard to pass up a deal like that! No PPF though. To be honest I'm not a big fan, after having seen it on a few cars after a couple of years' exposure.

For my own cars, which were all bought used, I've just been using various ceramic spray or carwash products to keep water beading up when I wash them. But then I have never kept a car in concours condition -- not even close.
Old 08-11-2024, 09:31 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,060 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by golock911
I'm in the process of replacing our long term GTI, due to inconsiderate fellow commuter, and am thinking about current products to protect the exterior. Dealers sell packages to supposedly add all kinds of protections, but I've always been a bit dubious about them.

What's the current state of the art for exterior protection on a new car? Painted metal, gloss plastics, glass, wheels...

I'm so far behind in understanding this. I'm still using Mequiar's Gold Class shampoo and Griot's Best of Show Carnauba wax. TIA for inputs. I understand there are many competing strategies and products and am not trying to start any arguments. Maybe a limit is that all my applications will be done by hand.
You hang rubber tires around the car. Works for tugboats.
The following users liked this post:
996love (08-11-2024)
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
2mAn
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 177 Posts

good to see our cars, and specially our members rides out there getting love.

nice

Quick Reply: 996 Off Topic Thread