Sponsored by:

Car Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 01:26 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Has anyone every tried to clean the inside of car cover other than shopvac?
I put mine thru the washer - on a warm, gentle cycle - reversed

then stretched it out over 4 chairs to dry - perfect
The following 2 users liked this post by Fracture:
85eurocarrera (07-12-2021), blacksquid (07-13-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 08:39 PM
85eurocarrera
Burning Brakes

Received 409 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Fracture

Precisely.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:35 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Fracture

Mine is the Porsche outdoor cover with the silver material on the outside and a very tight short weave cotton type fabric on the inside.
I would love to throw it in washer. Does the water resistant material on the outside flake off from the agitator in the washer?
Old 07-22-2022, 09:01 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,167 Likes on 796 Posts

A little more expensive than the Techart, but way ahead of the curve as far as “covers” go…
* they make indoor ones as well…

The following users liked this post:
Josh Randall (07-23-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 10:38 AM
Willys 47
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 61 Posts

Plus 1 on carcovers USA, wash the exterior while it’s on the car, inside out on delicate in washer for the fleece side underneath. Bungee kit from them or buy pieces from Amazon if out in high winds. They clip on on the inside of the tires and stretch underneath. I use a third in the center if expecting high winds.
Old 07-22-2022, 12:25 PM
Sam-Son
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 179 Posts

I use a covercraft 5 layer. Absolutely incredible how well it protects the paint. Through snow and rain and foliage. The car looks spotless underneath.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:32 PM
Josh Randall
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
A little more expensive than the Techart, but way ahead of the curve as far as “covers” go…
* they make indoor ones as well…

This is the way. Fully sealed so it protects against rodents, and the bubble gives you some protection from hail and the weather while leaving the cover off your paint so no scratches. Some of the car covers I was looking at go for $600. I'd rather spend $300 more and get this.
The following 2 users liked this post by Josh Randall:
158Sierra (07-24-2022), dporto (07-24-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 11:20 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,664 Likes on 972 Posts

I love my Porsche outdoor cover it fit tightly and the gt3 version fits my aero perfectly
Old 07-24-2022, 09:11 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,167 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Randall
This is the way. Fully sealed so it protects against rodents, and the bubble gives you some protection from hail and the weather while leaving the cover off your paint so no scratches. Some of the car covers I was looking at go for $600. I'd rather spend $300 more and get this.
One of the big problems for me is that I have gravel driveways/parking areas, so even with a cover, in heavy rain you always get splashing and dirt on the bottom of the cover. You literally can’t get it off and back on the car without causing scratches. Also with the gravel in windy conditions there’s always very fine dust/grit that settles on everything…
Old 07-26-2022, 01:22 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Felipe Abbott
2-3 month "lurker", hit the keys/screen and joined today. Rookies (me)1st post.
'99' Black Cab. purchased from close friend, just got top issued addressed by a
local Indy. She's no garage queen but, she'll be covered and garaged here in
Southern California. Got any suggestions for a decent cover? PelicanParts maybe....
Thanks folks.
Full Car Cover for Porsche 911 2001 Coupe 2-Door - 5 Layers
@Felipe Abbott I have this "Full Car Cover for Porsche 911 2001 Coupe 2-Door - 5 Layers" from https://www.carautocovers.com/ arriving Friday. I'll let you know what I think. side note, the cover is shipping from Quebec CA, despite the website being plastered with star n stripes. That's disappointing. IF this cover disappoints, I will bite the bullet and step up to the 'next level', in the 300-400 $ range. And try those....I honestly doubt there is a huge difference between the iCarCover and my new order. But I was not about to give iCarCover any more money, and the inside of my cover is starting to get dirty. Cleaning it is not high on my list of things to do.
Currently I am using size C4 iCarCover from AMZN -
Amazon Amazon
It is actually a pretty decent cover, but it is a little long. The small is too short (2001 C2 non aero). However, I purchased it in mid Feb, just after I got the car, and the seam tape is already falling off. I reached out to the seller and they have no warranty, despite their claim of such. I'm going to speak to someone at AMZN. In the meantime I have ordered the one mentioned above.
I have no garage, and the car is covered every day / night. I don't have the luxury of washing the car every time it's covered. I would rather have scratches on the clearcoat than let the sun beat the entire car up, so I just cover it and don't worry about the scratching. I have a good inspection light, and I've been keeping an eye on high friction areas, and there's nothing happening that I can see. I think my clearcoat is pretty hard. I need the entire front end resprayed anyway, plus there are some deeper scratches that can't be buffed out on the rear wings. I'm just going to keep it clean, keep it ceramic coated and washed when possible, and worry about it later. I actually want a different color or I'm thinking of painting it anyway. But the meridian metallic is growing on me. We'll see. There are some greens I just can't stop thinking of.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:03 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Maybe, I can recommend carautocovers.com

Originally Posted by damage98MO
Full Car Cover for Porsche 911 2001 Coupe 2-Door - 5 Layers
@Felipe Abbott I have this "Full Car Cover for Porsche 911 2001 Coupe 2-Door - 5 Layers" from https://www.carautocovers.com/ arriving Friday. I'll let you know what I think. side note, the cover is shipping from Quebec CA, despite the website being plastered with star n stripes. That's disappointing. IF this cover disappoints, I will bite the bullet and step up to the 'next level', in the 300-400 $ range. And try those....I honestly doubt there is a huge difference between the iCarCover and my new order. But I was not about to give iCarCover any more money, and the inside of my cover is starting to get dirty. Cleaning it is not high on my list of things to do.
Currently I am using size C4 iCarCover from AMZN - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
It is actually a pretty decent cover, but it is a little long. The small is too short (2001 C2 non aero). However, I purchased it in mid Feb, just after I got the car, and the seam tape is already falling off. I reached out to the seller and they have no warranty, despite their claim of such. I'm going to speak to someone at AMZN. In the meantime I have ordered the one mentioned above.
I have no garage, and the car is covered every day / night. I don't have the luxury of washing the car every time it's covered. I would rather have scratches on the clearcoat than let the sun beat the entire car up, so I just cover it and don't worry about the scratching. I have a good inspection light, and I've been keeping an eye on high friction areas, and there's nothing happening that I can see. I think my clearcoat is pretty hard. I need the entire front end resprayed anyway, plus there are some deeper scratches that can't be buffed out on the rear wings. I'm just going to keep it clean, keep it ceramic coated and washed when possible, and worry about it later. I actually want a different color or I'm thinking of painting it anyway. But the meridian metallic is growing on me. We'll see. There are some greens I just can't stop thinking of.
@Felipe Abbott I have this "Full Car Cover for Porsche 911 2001 Coupe 2-Door - 5 Layers" from https://www.carautocovers.com/ arriving Friday. I'll let you know what I think. side note, the cover is shipping from Quebec CA, despite the website being plastered with star n stripes. That's disappointing. IF this cover disappoints, I will bite the bullet and step up to the 'next level', in the 300-400 $ range
​​​​​@Felipe Abbott that was a disappointing result for sure. The supposedly custom fit cover is way too big for a 996 C2. See photos. I'm also dissatisfied with the quality of the front and rear straps, the material is cheap. So it's too long, too wide, and the straps are cheap. That doesn't bode well for the cover itself and it's quality. I've already filed a return request to them, I'll update as the response from their customer service.
cannot recommend... I will keep looking, will try some of the recommendations in this thread

They contacted me and are going to send a new cover, I guess they sent the wrong one. So stay tuned.... Maybe I can recommend them. They also said I can keep the one shipped here so I will try to find a home for it at the big cars n coffee next weekend. Maybe I can pay it forward...I won't sell it.

If it rains, the bottom will get filthy and make a huge mess coming off. Away too big.

In the shade should have used flash, but it is also touching the ground...

Last edited by damage98MO; 07-30-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:03 PM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 65 Posts

I have an OEM cover. Tight fit as the picture shows, but works well. Just make sure the car is absolutely 100% clean when putting it on and you'll have no swirl marks.
I only put is on in winter when I know I'm not driving for a few weeks and only after a wash.

Quick Reply: Car Covers