Sponsored by:

Applied a coat of RejeX and...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Orient Express
Since I am the "discoverer" of Rejex for use on Porsches, I thought I would weigh in with my observations.
You might want to check that statement unless you are the founder/owner of the company that makes RejeX as he is a Porsche owner. In case you didn't notice, but this picture on the RejeX website is his seal grey porsche.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

Orient Express is the Discoverer of RejeX for me. =)
Old 04-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

I stand corrected.

I should have said that I am the original facilitator that allowed all of you gearheads to discover the benefits of Rejex, for without my initial reporting of it, we would not have been able to expand the discussion around surface coatings to include Rejex.

If the fellow that does own the rights to this product reads this board, I'd like to extend a big Thank You for a product well done!
Old 04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

I've emailed the company and told them how much I like their product and also sent links to this thread and others. It's been a month and nada, no response.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's strange, when I first discovered the product via Car and Driver, I emailed him. I asked if it was ok for my seal grey Porsche and if my friend who runs a car care company could become a distributor. I got an reply a day or two later...That's how I found out he too was a seal grey owner.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Oh, when I emailed them last year asking about the product I got an answer fast. I guess they just don't reply to praise...
Old 04-28-2004, 02:25 AM
JayM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have said that I am the original facilitator that allowed all of you gearheads to discover the benefits of Rejex, for without my initial reporting of it, we would not have been able to expand the discussion around surface coatings to include Rejex.
I don't think you are even the original facilitator, unless you are Greg Fishmann posting under a different name.
He recommended it here last summer.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:12 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Default getting back to topic...

does this rejex also assist in getting water to bead off windshield, ala 'rain-x'? also, does any one have experience with BOTH rejex and aqua pel?
thanks , j.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Rejex will act just like RainX in letting water slide off. This is assuming that your windshield is clean. I get the exact same effect as RainX, and bugs don't stick either.

I'm glad to see everyone is jumping on the Rejex bandwagon. The more shiny bug free Porsches the better
Old 05-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

It's been almost a month and the car is still clean and shiny
Old 05-01-2004, 10:49 AM
TitanL9
Pro

Kirby... My PCar with minor dusting is also still clean and shiny after 3wks and I did not use rejex. Rain slides off. The window cleaner I use makes bird droppings and bugs wipe right off the windows and my finish makes cleaning road debris off a snap, and I could go on. My base application last from 3-5months depending on general road exposure and weather conditions.

Did you strip your finish down to clean paint before applying? By using this product are you hoping for one application and eliminate multiple coats? Don't understand the "motive" for using a product that as I understand, was designed for extreme airplane surfaces and such.

I know behind any shiny pcar we'll find a happy owner.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Khalid
Instructor

Just Orderd one online !

it will take sometime to be deliverd to UAE ...
cant wait
Old 05-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Titan

I don't do anything special before I apply the Rejex. When I first got the car it was detailed by the dealer then when I got home I just wiped the car down and used some detail spray to clean it. Then I applied the rejex. Since then I've haven't washed the car and just wipe down with detail spray, CA duster or a damp rag depending on the conditions. I never wash the car and rejex is the only process I do. Takes about 30minutes to do the entire car. I know the 12hr curing is a bother to you, but since I don't drive my car everyday it's not a big deal to me.

The only 'motive' I have is that it's easy to apply and seems to do a pretty good job of keeping the car clean. This last time was the first time I rejex'ed the inside of my rims and that was the final proof for me that this stuff works. 500+ miles and still no brake dust seems to stick to the inside of the rims. Granted I wipe with a damp paper towel once a week, but before rejex the brake dust build up would have been a lot more now it's minimal.

I know there are proably other product that do a similiar or better job, but in my case for the ease of use and what it does I'll stick with Rejex...for now.

It really doesn't matter what everyone uses. It's the smile on the face after we've cleaned our cars that matters and is the overall 'motive'
Old 05-01-2004, 01:49 PM
sal
Addict
Rennlist Member

does anyone know how it compares to Zaino and if it can be applied over Zaino.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

I don't now how it compares, but yes, you can apply Rejex over Zaino or any other Wax.

Quick Reply: Applied a coat of RejeX and...