996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Applied a coat of RejeX and...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:32 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I hear if you brush your teeth with it once a month you will not need to brush in between applications.

<--------See!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:37 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Yeah, I would like the answer to Adias' question as well. I bought a bottle and have yet to use it. Couldn't find any restrictions re clear bra on the instruction label. ????
Old 04-21-2004, 01:07 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 400 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally posted by DonW-Cape Cod
Yeah, I would like the answer to Adias' question as well. I bought a bottle and have yet to use it. Couldn't find any restrictions re clear bra on the instruction label. ????
I suspect that it should not be applied over the ClearBra (3M plastic), but it would be nice to hear from experienced Rejex users.

I asked about how it compares to Klasse and no one replied. I have used Klasse for years and now, that I used Rejex on my rims, I see that there is no comparison. Rejex really offers an armor-like finish that Klasse does not offer. I will continue to use Klasse to clean surfaces and such.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I used it on my clear bra with no ill effects. I believe Itzkirb has as well as others.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:15 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

That's good news!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am 3/4 of the way through a 3000 mile road trip in my 911. From CT to Chicago, to Nashville to Myrtle Beach(where I am posting from ATM). Avg speed on the highway was in the triple digits on long straight roads with low traffic. I had waxed with Zaino in the Fall and RejeX'd the wheels, before we left I washed the car and RejeX'd the entire car. Windows, paint, clear bra, rims.

I must have killed a million bugs so far and I am less than impressed with RejeX. Maybe this is a torture test but at the two do it your self spray booths I hit(one in Chicago one in Myrtle Beach) the brake dust does not come off any easier than before, nor do the bugs.

Maybe I needed more coats, or maybe I shouldn't have applied it on top of whatever Zaino wax was left.

Kirby, how come your car stays clean so long or do you not drive it much?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:58 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 826 Likes on 269 Posts

I drive mine about 3 or 4 times a week. Strange that the dirt/bugs and dust doesn't come off any easier for you? I've killed many bugs, not millions, but so far they have just wiped off with a damp rag. Did you let the car sit for 12hrs after applying RejeX? It needs to fully cure to work.

And yes, I use it over my Clear bra also.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:55 PM
TitanL9
Pro

I just don't understand the motivation behind using any product that requires my car to set after completion for 12+hrs for a product to setup.

I bought a "Perfect Shine Kit"
Wash with Sonax Shampoo & dry, (15mins)
Apply one good base coat of "Klasse All in One" (40mins)
When dry, apply 1-2 coats of P21S Carnauba Wax (60mins) or as time allows. I've even put another coat of P21S 1 wk later and the depth of shine/color of my lapis blue 03 is to die for, and it lasts.

I touch up with Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz every two days as needed.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 826 Likes on 269 Posts

Well I usually do it after work or at night, say 6 to 7pm, by the morning the car is ready to go. Also, it's not a daily driver so it'll sit for a few days sometimes. Plus, it only take about 1/2hr to do the entire car. Like I've mentioned before I have yet to really wash the car, it's never seen a bucket of water and soap. All I do once a week is wipe it with a damp cloth or a CA Duster. Sometimes I use a detail spray.

When I can detail the car in 1/2 hour it's worth it to me.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Lizard1
Racer

I'm about to run out of my One Grand Blitz Wax and was looking at trying something else. The Blitz is very nice but I have to reapply monthly - looking fo rsomething that lasts a bit longer. Any suggestions besides Rejex? My car is black and I need all the help in covering up swirls so it looks like I'll just stick to a good carnuba

thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 03:19 PM
SorTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by TitanL9
I just don't understand the motivation behind using any product that requires my car to set after completion for 12+hrs for a product to setup.

I bought a "Perfect Shine Kit"
Wash with Sonax Shampoo & dry, (15mins)
Apply one good base coat of "Klasse All in One" (40mins)
When dry, apply 1-2 coats of P21S Carnauba Wax (60mins) or as time allows. I've even put another coat of P21S 1 wk later and the depth of shine/color of my lapis blue 03 is to die for, and it lasts.

I touch up with Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz every two days as needed.
not to nit-pick, but how can you stand touching up the car every two days if you cannot wait 12 hours for it to dry? (just curious) I am thinking of Rejex as well. It seems to be easily applied and well worth the time. Awesome pics Itzkirb...
Old 04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by chile96
I'm about to run out of my One Grand Blitz Wax and was looking at trying something else. The Blitz is very nice but I have to reapply monthly - looking fo rsomething that lasts a bit longer. Any suggestions besides Rejex? My car is black and I need all the help in covering up swirls so it looks like I'll just stick to a good carnuba

thanks
There are many choices. I would suggest spending some time reading the forums of http://www.autopia.org/index.php
Almost all regular carnauba based products like your Blitz wax (and P21S) have some swirl mark hiding properties but very limited durability. The sealants, ploymers, synthetics, etc. usually have much better durability than the carnauba only based products.

That said the best products for durability usually are not the best products for hiding swirls. Products like Klasse and Zaino have exceptional durability but do nothing to hide the swirl marks. Good surface prep is necessary using a good quality polish to remove the swirl marks.

Now in between the Carnauba's and the sealants there is Mequiars new NXT wax which does have some swirl hiding properties and decent durability with relative ease in application. Another possibility would be some of the Einszett products (mixture of carnauba and synthetics for decent swirl mark coverage and very good durability). I just recently started using Einszett products. Very easy application and a reputation for very good durability (especially the Glanz Wax).

Black is the most difficult to get right (i.e. swirl free) however, when done right is almost impossible to beat in the looks department.

Last edited by bet; 04-26-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Lizard1
Racer

Thanks Brian - I remebered hearing about the new Meguiars wax but couldn't remember the specific type. I happened to be at a store and saw the Meguiars high tech yellow wax and I thought that must be it so I bought a small tub of it. Now I realize I meant to get the NXT. Oh well, I guess that'll be next after I run through this high tech yellow wax

thanks again
Old 04-26-2004, 08:23 PM
TitanL9
Pro

Originally posted by SorTurbo
not to nit-pick, but how can you stand touching up the car every two days if you cannot wait 12 hours for it to dry? (just curious) I am thinking of Rejex as well. It seems to be easily applied and well worth the time. Awesome pics Itzkirb...
Easy application is one thing, spending my evening applying it so it can dry over night or on wk end days is quite another. I've got a family, golf, a business and soccer to attend to. Although, I don't have to drive me PCar daily, I use it for daily fun tasks and its taken on most wk end jaunts. So, 12 hrs is a lot to me.

Touching up with Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz takes a few minutes... I don't touch up every day or two either. It depends on weather and roads driven, etc. My car is Lapis Blue. If you noticed the base I use on my car it's Klasse All-In-One, not a traditional wax or polymer sealant. It quickly polishes away oxidation and light paint contamination leaving a deep, rich shine that lasts for months. All-In-One is like clear armor for your car. It bonds to the surface like a normal carnauba car wax, however, it does not change the paint in any way. Klasse layers on top of the paint, building depth of shine and clarity for an ultra high gloss finish. All-In-One contains special cleaners and a fine polish that quickly and easily removes old wax, road film, light oxidation and minor swirl marks. It’s a premium one-step product that cleans, polishes and protects with very little effort. Best of all, the finish lasts and lasts. In most cases, two applications a year will keep your car protected and looking good. Plus, Klasse does not contain silicones and it will not stain your car's vinyl and rubber. Application could not be easier, and more importantly, doesn't require 12 hrs dry time.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Since I am the "discoverer" of Rejex for use on Porsches, I thought I would weigh in with my observations.

Rejex does not need to "dry", it needs time to "cure"

From the Rejex website:

"Curing is required to allow the 'monomers' (polymer building blocks) that make up RejeX to attach themselves to the surface being treated and to polymerize (crosslink) into a water-clear, impervious film. It is very important to allow RejeX to cure 12 hours after the haze has been wiped off. If the coating is exposed to contamination such as oil, fuel, soot, water, cleaners, etc. before it’s cured, the contaminants will interfere with the film, preventing the RejeX film from achieving it's maximum performance."

Now the nice thing is that in most cases this stuff lasts between 6 and 9 months before it needs to be reapplied.

By simply planning ahead with the application of Rejex, doing it on an afternoon (this should take you no more than an hour, including a good wash before hand), and then let it sit overnight. By the next morning, you are ready to go.

BTW: Did you know that one of the original design goals for Rejex was to keep the turbine exhaust of Blackhawk helicopters from discoloring? With that in mind, I have given my wife's smooth top electric range-top and the oven window a coating of Rejex. Now it is much easier to get cooked on gunk off of the window and off of the range top. Rejex can also allow you to score points with your partner, especially if they have to clean the range after cooking You dinner.

Bottom line, is that:

1. Rejex is not a wax, but you can use wax or swirl remover on top of it. It does provide a very high quality surface that equals and in most cases exceeds the finest organic waxes available. If your paint has micro-scratches and swirl marks on it, you will still need to clean that up with a swirl remover such as Meguires Swirl Remover 2.0 or an equivalent. But you can do that after you have applied Rejex. (or you can do it before you apply it, it does not matter.)

2. With a little pre-planning and scheduling, the 12 hour cure time is not an issue.

3. Applying Rejex to your windshield will cut down on bug splats, and make those that do splat are very easy to remove.

4. Applying Rejex to your wheels will cut down on brake dust, and make clean up very easy.

5. Rejex is probably one of the most significant and beneficial surface coatings that you can apply to your cars surface(or range or dishwasher, or what ever else that you want to protect the surface of!)

Quick Reply: Applied a coat of RejeX and...